From Dogcraft Wiki
|Date||from February 2019 |
to December 2021
|World||Survival 3 & 4|
"With the new year, we have some exciting new events happening!" SummerFlower1234, announcing the first event
Build Battles were a recurring competition held by the Build Team on the Survival 3 world of the Dogcraft Server. Further Build Battles were held on Survival 4. The battles saw players given one month to build in line with a theme and pairing twist.
Whilst the theme was known to all during the sign up phase, the twist would only be revealed to builders on the first day of the competition. Plots sizes were pre-determined and usually ranged from 16x16 to 30x30, depending on the theme/twist. Players were also given a shulker box on their plot to assist in resource gathering. This was their own to keep.
Judging was done after the final build date. And usually comprised of 5 players, a mix of Master Builders from the Build Team, and other players as deemed appropriate. As part of the judging process, the general public were allowed to vote as well. And the vote that received the most player votes received the “Players Choice” prize. Another favoured prize is that of the “Guest Judge”, which is often chosen by ReNDoG himself. The winner of this prize received the Rendog Banner and his ( Renthedog's) player head.
- Read all rules before signing up
- All competitors will be randomly drawn from the pool of applications
- Plot sizes are predetermined - You must not overhang the stone border
- Themes are randomly generated, builds not pertaining to the theme will be disqualified. Each theme may have its own specific twist or rule for the build.
- All collection of materials and building must take place, in survival, within the time allowed.
- Competitors must collect the materials themselves or buy them from the mall.
- Solo builds means SOLO builds… Only you can place blocks in your plot… There will be a chance for Team builds in future battles
- No offensive looking builds are allowed. The builder who makes an offensive build will be disqualified (and warned according to the server rules)
- Griefing a competitor's build will lead to disqualification (and a warning according to the server rules)
- One Shulker will be given to help with the collection of materials. This will be the competitors to keep. Please do not rename them.
- Points will be awarded for ingenuity, difficulty, and overall cohesiveness to the theme.
- Judges decisions are FINAL. Disputes against them could lead to a ban from future Build Battles.
- If you have a beacon to help you build, please have a way to turn it off when you are not building.
- Have Fun! Build Well!
List of Build Battles
Theme: Holidays around the World
Warp: Survival 4 /phome Xmas2021
First: Team Chaos Trio - strawberrysham & eybwam & zacattack2097
Second: Team SnowflakeSissies - GTVeni55 & RButterfly85
Third: Team CK - chriizsich & Karbloem
Twist: No Red Colours
Warp: Survival 3 /warp valentines
Rens Choice: H0pestart3r
Twist: Plots are circular and builds must look good from all angles
Warp: Survival 3 /warp storybook
First: 77sparx & R0bstar
Second: dutchsoccer & EtaThetaZeta
Third: dragonfire441 & nossi345
Rens Choice: mrs_Diss & leetzilla
Players Choice: dutchsoccer & EtaThetaZeta
Twist: must include as many hostile mobs as possible
Warp: Survival 3 /warp nightmare
Rens Choice: Pigeon_confirmed
Players Choice: helgarakel
Twist: Builds must be IN a snowglobe
Warp: Survival 3 /warp candy
Rens Choice: Andalarew
Players Choice: MollusSlime
Warp: Survival 3 /warp battle
Rens Choice: Snazzyk101