From Dogcraft Wiki
This page states and explains the rules of the Dogcraft Minecraft Server, the Dogcraft Cybernation website and the Dogcraft Cybernation Discord server. These rules and explanations can also be found on the official Dogcraft Discord in the #rules channel.
General Dogcraft Rules
These rules apply to the Server, Discord and Website. Failure to follow these rules may result in an official warning or ban, depending on the rule and the severity of the violation. Three accumulated warnings result in an automatic ban. Bans can be appealed by submiting a ban appeal on the dogcraft website, or by private-messaging a Headmod on Discord.
- Like Rendog’s channel, our community is family-friendly and PG13. This means swearing and ‘adult content’ are largely prohibited.
- Keep your language PG13. If you wouldn’t say it in front of your grandmother, don’t say it here. This applies to acronyms, abbreviations & symbols to represent swears
- By ‘adult content’, we mean anything involving topics such as pornography, sex, flirting/courting, physical intimacy, violence, weapons, racism, homophobia, politics, religion, gambling, alcohol, drugs, and piracy.
- The following subjects ARE appropriate for chat, however, do bear in mind you may be asked to move to a private chat for extended discussion to keep chat open for others who need assistance.
- How one identifies and preferred pronoun
- Declaration of one's sexual orientation, religious and/or cultural ideology
- Expressing personal questions about the previous two points
- English is the only language allowed in public, to not exclude anyone and to enable moderation of chat.
- Other languages are allowed to be spoken in private messages if the receiving party consents to this.
- No spamming or trolling.
- Generally speaking, the line we draw for spamming in text is “maximum 3 of the same character in a row”. Going over the limit will usually first get a moderator to tell you to stop doing it. Repeat offense may result in an official warning.
- Repeating the same thing over and over again is also seen as spam.
- Spam includes: Letters/numbers, excessive caps, color abuse, font abuse and excessive line breaks.
- No advertising in public.
- Advertising servers, websites and products is not allowed in public chat.
- If someone asks you for a website link or Discord invite, you may do so in a private message.
- Advertising shops/sales of services on the server in public chat is not allowed. If you are looking to buy from a shop/service, you may ask about it in chat. If asked about a product/shop in game, you may respond to the question.
- You consent to being 13 years or older.
- Due to complications of international law, our policy is to not allow anyone under the age of 13.
- This goes for Discord as well, in compliance with their Terms of Service (see: https://discordapp.com/terms).
- When asked about your date of birth by a staff member, you are obligated to answer truthfully.
- As our servers are located in Europe, our full Privacy Notice, written in compliance with the European GDPR laws, can be found here: https://dogcraft.net/terms.
- One account per player, one player per account.
- You are not allowed to have multiple accounts (‘alts’) on the website, server or Discord. If you are caught using multiple, one of them will be banned. If you are using a second account to circumvent a ban, you will be banned for this.
- You are not allowed to share your account with others. Everything that happens on your account, is your own responsibility. “I was hacked” or “my little sister did it” are not acceptable reasons when rules were broken by your account.
- Respect all other players.
- Treat everyone with respect, in public chat and private messages, no matter what the reason. If you feel you are being bullied, please contact a staff member and provide detailed records of the bullying in question.
- Do not disclose other people’s personal information (name, age, location, etc.) without their explicit consent, nor ask players for information like that.
- If someone asks you to leave them alone, honor their request. Do not harass players in private messages, whether it’s on the server, website or Discord.
- We have a ‘zero tolerance’ policy against (cyber-)bullying.
- Treat staff members respectfully and follow their directions. Do not backseat moderate.
- All staff members fulfill their function on a voluntary basis. They have been given authority and means to moderate chat and the server, and to act when necessary. They can be recognized by their purple, green, red, orange and blue names.
- Decisions by staff members are final. If you do not agree with a warning, ban or other measures that was taken against you, private message a Headmod on Discord to file an appeal.
- Backseat moderating is not allowed. Moderators are capable of performing their task by themselves, do not try to imitate them or interfere. If you see a rule violation that goes unnoticed by staff, private message them with a screenshot instead of acting upon it yourself.
- On the Dogcraft server, don’t abuse the command /helpop. It’s meant only for situations where a staff member is required, but not responding to you.
- Be respectful of RenDog and his involvement in the community.
- RenDog does occasionally pay a visit to the server. If and when he does, be respectful towards him.
- Please refrain from asking when RenDog will be online or releases a new episode. We do not know.
- If and when RenDog streams from the server, do not disrupt this. This includes jumping in his face, crowding him, trying to get his attention in chat, and watching the stream while playing a competitive game against him (‘stream-sniping’).
- You are not allowed to be drunk or otherwise intoxicated by substances while using the server, website and Discord.
- It makes you more prone to breaking rules, it’s for your own protection.
- The rule applies to players and staff members alike.
All General Rules apply to the Dogcraft server.
11. Protect your builds, and build respectfully.
- While griefing/stealing is prohibited, it’s always better to prevent it. Claim your builds with the tools provided by the server.
- You can buy a golden shovel and golden hoe in Spawn for 1 DCD each. The golden shovel is used to claim land, the golden hoe to lock containers (chests, furnaces, etc.). For a guide, please check the Guide to Claiming.
- Do not build within 100 blocks of any other builds or claims without the owner’s explicit permission. It’s advised to take even more distance, to also offer room for expansion for yourself and others. - This also goes for mining resources in for example a mesa or desert.
- Do not build offensive, obscene or otherwise inappropriate structures. Keep Rule 1 in mind when building.
- You are allowed to build closer to each other in the immediate surroundings of Spawn (~500-1000 blocks). Claims may only be a maximum size of about 25x25. Do not build large pillars near Spawn that only exist to activate your elytra from. Do not build (mob)farms near Spawn.
12. Do not grief or steal.
- Do not change, remove or alter builds that aren’t yours without the owner’s explicit permission.
- Unclaimed builds and chests are no exception to this. If it’s not yours, don’t touch it.
- This extends to purposely damaging the area near someone’s claim, or in public areas.
- You are only allowed to remove obsidian from the main End island if you respawn and kill the dragon immediately after. Do not remove endstone or build on the main island without undoing it (e.g. pillars to destroy crystals).
13. Do not exploit bugs, glitches or anything of the kind. Even if they provide no benefit to you or anyone else.
- Item duplication is not allowed.
- 0-tick farms are not allowed, as they rely on a confirmed bug.
- You are not allowed to break bedrock or get on top of the Nether.
- Anything that adds items or changes their properties in a way that is not confirmed as a Minecraft feature, is not allowed.
14. Do not use mods or cracked clients.
- The only mod allowed is Optifine. Texturepacks (excluding x-ray) and shaders are also allowed. These are the only exceptions, to enable easier moderation and provide clarity to players. Asking “can this mod be an exception?” will always be answered with “no”.
- X-raying results in a permanent ban, as well as fly mods and similar modifications.
15. Cheating the AFK kicker is not allowed.
- After 7 minutes, you will be automatically moved to the Hub, where you will not earn DCD or claimblocks. This is to prevent AFK’ing by people to farm resources.
- Bypassing this kicker in any way, for example with an AFK pool, flying machine, autoclicker or a rejoin script, is not allowed.
- AFK fishers are also bypassing the AFK kicker. You can only use these machines if you are able to respond in chat when asked by a staff member.
16. Use public areas thoughtfully.
- Don’t leave items just lying around in the endfarm, pigmen farm. There are [Disposal] signs to get rid of them.
- When the public farms are busy, take turns using them.
- Don’t take stuff from the pigmen farm that others gathered, but spend time there yourself to earn it.
- Do not build farms or redstone contraptions in the Mall.
17. You are not allowed to build your own enderman farm.
- You can only use those built and maintained by the server.
18. You may not cause large amounts of lag to the server with your farms.
- You may only have a total of 6 ironfarm platforms/cells per base, defined as 3 villagers capable of spawning iron golems.
- Pigman farms cannot be larger than a 25x25 square with a max of 2 spawning platforms.
- Please adhere to a limit of 100 mobs of the same kind in the same area. Exceeding this amount will result in a staff member telling you to cull the herd. Variants of mobs (coloured sheep, coloured llamas, etc.) do not count as separate kinds. Ironfarm villagers count towards your 100 max villagers.
- You are allowed to use flying machines, but only if they have a start- and stop point.
- You are not allowed to use withers in farms. If spawning it for witherroses, you must kill the wither immediately after.
- You may not build raidfarms. Please fight raids the normal way.
19. Only engage in PVP with consent from all parties involved.
- Playertraps with things such as lava, TNT or anvils are also covered by this rule.
- You can toggle PVP on or off with
20. Do not spam ‘lag’ or variations of it in chat, this is categorized as ‘spam’.
- If you experience lag, one of two possible situations is happening. Either the cause is on your end, in which case we can’t help you, or the cause is on the server’s end, in which case repeated complaining will not fix it.
- The word itself is not outlawed, in normal conversations about farms etc. it’s perfectly fine (e.g. “I don’t want to build this machine because it causes a lot of lag”).
21. Elytra’s can only be exchanged face to face for a minimum of 200 diamonds. Gifting/Lending them is also not allowed.
This rule extends to the End warp card, which requires an elytra as one of its ingredients. Elytra’s cannot be traded for any items or DCD. Borrowing the money or ‘paying later’ is not allowed. This rule may not be circumvented in any way (e.g. selling a player diamonds only to receive them back right away for the elytra). 22. Diamonds can only be sold for a minimum of 200 DCD.
Trading diamonds for other items is not prohibited by this rule. This rule extends to diamond blocks (1800 DCD minimum), but not to other items crafted with diamonds (armor, tools, etc). This rule does not mean elytra can be sold for DCD now. Rule 21 remains unchanged.
23. The server will not reimburse items or currencies that were lost in glitches, lag or crashes.
- When purchasing items in the webshop, you have to be logged in on the server, or it will not work.
- If the website is down, DCDs will not work properly, as they’re linked to the website.
24. Public XP farms are not allowed, to protect players/mods from having to deal with griefing or other issues. Public playerwarps to XP farms are included in this, even if they charge a teleport fee. Non-XP farms like crops or cattle are allowed to be shared.
All General Rules apply to the Dogcraft Discord server.
The General Rules also apply to voice channels on the Dogcraft Discord.
25. Place messages in the appropriate channels. For example, images should go to #pics2show and not #chat.
- Links that do not directly involve Dogcraft are not allowed to be posted anywhere without a staff member’s explicit permission, with the exceptions named explicitly in Rule 28.
26. You are allowed to share (or ‘plug’) your videos, streams, content channels or other created content in #shameless_plugs only.
- Discord servers/invites are not allowed to be posted anywhere.
@Contenttag IS allowed to be used in this channel,
@everyoneis NOT. This was requested by RenDog himself, knowing how difficult it can be to get your channel up and running. Do not complain when people use
@Content, you are able to turn it off in the
#bot-commandschannel by typing
27. You are not allowed to tag the Hermits.
- They are here as a courtesy to Ren, not to answer your specific questions. If you would like to get in touch with them, Twitter is your best bet.
Website and Wiki-specific Rules
All General Rules apply to the Dogcraft website.
28. Do not abuse the suggestion and reporting feeds on the website.
- We accept suggestions, feedback, ban appeals and bug reports through forms on the website. Do not abuse these feeds, such as by spamming them or using inappropriate language or conduct.
- When reporting bugs, give a detailed description of the problem and how it can be reproduced. When giving feedback or suggestions, be descriptive and specific.
29. Do not vandalise the Dogcraft Wiki.
- Vandalism is the act of editing the Dogcraft Wiki maliciously. This could be by deleting or overwriting existing pages and content or repeatedly and purposefully adding misleading or incorrect information to the site.
- As per general rules, content of the wiki must be suitable for a PG-13 audience. Please refer to the Wiki Guidelines available from the bottom of the main page for more information.