From Dogcraft Wiki
Articles · Guides · User Pages
Vandalism · Wiki Administrators
Namespaces · Redirects · Page Protection
About the Wiki · Status Categories · FAQs
Wanted Pages · Trophies · Featured Articles
Make an Article
Some pages on the Dogcraft Wiki are protected, meaning some users will be unable to edit them. When this is the case on a page, you may only be able to view the source of a page. On this wiki, there are two protection categories which determine why a page is protected and who is exempt from the protection and is able to still edit the page.
Only Wiki administrators are able to apply and remove protection levels. If you believe a page has been protected erroneously, please contact a Wiki Administrator. Pages are often also move-protected meaning you cannot move the article.
Category 1 protection
A red padlock warning indicates Category 1 protection. Only administrators can edit pages protected under category 1. Pages protected in this way are often:
- High traffic pages important to the wiki, like the Main page.
- System and organisation pages, such as information and tools on the
- Highly used template structures, like navboxes and infoboxes.
- User trophy pages.
Category 2 protection
A blue padlock warning indicates Category 2 protection. Only Site Content Editors are able to edit pages with Category 2 protection, which is a special permission level designated to editors who help with informational pages. Pages protected in this way are often:
- Pages linked, or with content that feature on the main Dogcraft.net site.
- Pages with important or sensitive information that need to be highly accurate, like lists of staff and the server and wiki rules.
- Certain other templates and template structure.