Survival 4 End Openings
From Dogcraft Wiki
|Survival 4 End Openings|
|Date||10th April 2020 (Husky)|
19th April 2020 (Beagle), 2pm GMT (Husky)
7pm GMT (Beagle)
The Survival 4 End Openings were a series of events to commemorate the opening of the end dimensions of the two Survival 4 worlds; Husky and Beagle. The first opening, for the Husky end took, place on Friday the 10th April 2020, at 3pm BST. Both events were organised by the Events Committee. The husky opening was Hosted by William278, and filmed by OldManLP85, while the beagle launch was hosted by OldManLP85.
The event featured role-playing, led by William278 in which players had to gather three books, hidden around spawn, in order to unlock the end portal. Additionally, to make the fight more interesting players were only allowed to make use of special gear provided; a bow, arrows and leather chestplate. This helped extend the length of an otherwise short battle. Once players gathered all of the books and gave them to William, the portal was opened and players charged into battle.
The Beagle camp opening was held a little later in the day, than Camp Husky, this was to allow the people who missed out, due to time zones, to be able to participate. However this time, due to the newly imposed player cap, there was only a max of 60 players/moderators at the event.
Due to some (technical glitches) the event was delayed a little more, before SummerFlower1234 stepped in and hosted the event. After the speech was given, players ran off to find the end portal, hidden in the base of the “hot spring”, and jumped on in.
On the other side, they were met with many creatures, affectionately termed as “Scoob’s Battle Mobs”. These included:
- Mega Sky Rat - Higher health, higher damage, giant
- Mega Slime - Giant, higher damage, quickly overwhelms the underprepared
- Battle Blaze - higher health
- Silverfish Tank - higher damage, higher health, meant as a swarm mob
- Battle Pigman - Knockback 10, totem of undying (0% drop), baby, higher health, annoying as hell
- Annoying Vex - A vex, but higher health, meant solely to be a pest
There were many casualties.
- The husky fight took 2 minutes and 34 seconds, from first Entering the End to the dragon being defeated
- Before each event, the Dragon was pre-fought by a select group of staff and trusted players, prior to the event, so as to acquire the Dragon Egg and ward off theft.
- At one point, the number of players attending the Husky fight was 132. 60 (the maximum capacity of the server) attended the Beagle opening.