From Dogcraft Wiki
|Joined||7th July 2020|
|Member of:||Road and Horse Network|
|Projects||Town of Vitruvius|
|Bases||Shakoburg (Sur5) _Shako House (Sur4)|
|Accomplishments||Built over 20 kilometers of public horse/foot roads on Sur4 Husky, and approximately the same amount on Sur5 Shepherd and Labrador combined; Established the Shepherd and Labrador Turnpike connector roads in Sur5|
_Shako, or Shako (pronounced SHAY-ko), also sometimes known as Shako_MC and formerly as ShakoRam, is a Cyberdog who joined Dogcraft in Summer 2020 during Survival 4. Shako is mainly active as a co-leader of the Road and Horse Network and is known for building Vitruvius and Shakoburg. Off Minecraft, Shako lives in Vermont, U.S. and is an architecture historian and heritage conservator, a saxophonist, and an ice hockey player.
Shako began playing Minecraft in March 2011 with the username nitromegamer, having been a fan of the Miniclip-associated Flash browser game company Nitrome. Other past usernames include SpaghettiGoat (2015-2019) and ShakoRam (2019-2020).
Shako joined Dogcraft while a server he had played on continuously since 2011 was temporarily closed in mid-2020. He is one of the leaders of the Road and Horse Network (RHN), for which he constructs and documents roads. He began by straightening and widening Gaia Road on Survival 4 and then volunteered to build the roads around the Spawn Sea and south to Lotus which had been planned by the RHN. In Survival 5, he established the Shepherd Turnpike and Labrador Turnpike as main connector roads across those servers, currently 11.0 km and 7.5 km long, respectively, and has constructed most of the other public roads on Labrador.
In Survival 4 he built a large town called Vitruvius, 2.5km south of Gaia. However, his primary functional base was a four-story house, called _Shako House, immediately adjacent to the Gaia city line.
In Survival 5, he is building Shakoburg, a megabase based on a dreamlike abstraction of a typical American university campus. Most of the structures are based on either real-life buildings or common styles found on collegiate buildings, and they are mashed together to form a continuous interior space. At the center is a replica of Bradfield Hall at Cornell University by architect Ulrich Franzen, and the storage hall is based on Barton Hall, also at Cornell University, by architect Lewis Pilcher.
- A Shako is a military uniform hat originating in 18th-century Europe and common today with American marching bands, an activity in which he was active for nine years. He owns a collection of shakos, including one from Baltimore's Marching Ravens.
- The "Ram" in ShakoRam refers to the mascot of his undergraduate university, a live Dorset sheep named J.C.
- Originally from Boston, Shako grew up in West Virginia and currently lives in Vermont.
- Shako holds a bachelors degree in history and is working toward a masters degree in Historic Preservation, mainly focusing on architecture history and preservation.
- Shako started playing ice hockey at the beginning of 2023 and has been playing recreational and pick-up games since.
- Shako has been a regular viewer of Joe Hills since late 2019 after viewing the Hermitcraft Recap and seeing a clip from the episode "Is Falsewell Motel a false wall between worlds?" Shako's introduction to Hermitcraft was in early 2018 through watching MumboJumbo's redstone videos.
- Shako owns an Instagram, a Twitter, and a Flickr of architecture photography with the handle @archizackture.