Author Topic: ELYTRA RACE: Returns! [17/02/18]  (Read 6669 times)

William

Re: ELYTRA RACE: Returns! [17/02/18]
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2018, 05:07:00 pm »
ELYTRA RACE TODAY! 8:00PM GMT!
(Race concluded, scroll down for results...  ;) )
I look forward to seeing everyone there!

You are not allowed to bring tnt and bomb akkara before everyone gets there
hehe, don't try!

so how will this race work?? will there be a set course and will rockets be provided???
Yes, there will be a set course. Rockets will be provided if you don't have any - though I recommend bringing some!

Is the race "bring your own rocket" or will rockets be provided? If it is "BYOR" are there any specifications on what you are or are not allowed to bring?
It is bring your own rocket, though I am happy to supply contestants if they don't have any! You can bring any rockets you like!

I want to do this so bad! I already have another commitment that day though, cant wait to see the results! ;)
That sucks! I hope you can make it next time!

Thanks,
William
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 01:04:23 am by William »

William

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2018, 01:00:02 am »
Elytra Race: Returns I - The Results
The events of the First Elytra Race have concluded - and what a great time! We had  several participants, shooting off from Quasi's Base all the way to Akkara City! First, some screenshots of takeoff!

(Right click and click Open in New Tab)

The results of the race!
First Place: _edo
Second Place: darparniox
Third Place: EllenN

The next elytra race?
The main reason I wanted to hold this first race was to see if there was sufficient interest in holding future events.
From the popularity of this one, it seems like that is a definite yes - so please stay tuned for the announcement of another event, probably in the week after the next one. I look forward to it!

Thanks,
William

firsty.blocker

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2018, 02:16:00 am »
The main reason I wanted to hold this first race was to see if there was sufficient interest in holding future events.
From the popularity of this one, it seems like that is a definite yes - so please stay tuned for the announcement of another event, probably in the week after the next one. I look forward to it!

Yup, the popularity is why I'm planning a boating race - coming soon!

Silver_wolf88

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2018, 01:05:50 pm »
Please try and make the next event(s) on a Sunday rather than on a Saturday. I keep missing stuff because of work, and it kills me that i can't attend. I know this is a big request from nobody, but please hold the event on a Sunday.

legowar1508

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2018, 02:41:30 pm »
I agree... Sunday is a much better minecrafting day for me. I would be happy to host one in the near future

therealkid2369

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2018, 07:47:57 pm »
Looks like it was a blast(firework pun-intended), I cant wait for the next one! The trident mechanics are going to make elytra flying extremely interesting in the future,i wonder what level rockets they compare too and if it'll be op if you have an tool bar full and just spam them.

OldmanLP85

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2018, 11:56:23 pm »
Does anyone have the winning time?  I think I'd like to try this. As a time trial thing. So I was just wondering what time I'd be trying to get close to. Even if I was, more than likely, half an hour extra 😛

legowar1508

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2018, 06:51:39 pm »
Does anyone have the winning time?  I think I'd like to try this. As a time trial thing. So I was just wondering what time I'd be trying to get close to. Even if I was, more than likely, half an hour extra 😛

Well the race took all of five minuets so if it took you that long.....

Mrs Diss

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2018, 01:37:47 am »
considering that i've now got my wings, mark me down as interested for the next event :D