Author Topic: Nether Portal Question  (Read 3276 times)

MaxMoneyAWA

Nether Portal Question
« on: June 10, 2018, 04:18:20 am »
What are we supposed to do if we make a portal less than 100 blocks of someone's build already in the nether?

I figured where I want the nether portal in my base, got the coords and divided by 8, went to the nether and found it's less than 100 blocks from a build. I don't want to grief anyone or break the rules by building closer than 100 blocks from another build. What are my options here?

ebi_furya

Re: Nether Portal Question
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 04:53:21 am »
I'd start by figuring out who they are and just message them to see if it's alright. The easiest way to find out who it belongs to is to right click around the area with a stick. It'll tell you "this block is claimed by xxxxxx". If there's no nether claim, go through their nether portal and try the stick in the overworld. And if all else fails, ask a mod/admin and they might be able to tell you who you need to contact.

MaxMoneyAWA

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 06:24:07 am »
I did the poking thing, and everything in the area was unclaimed. I know who owns the stuff in the overworld because it's my portal. I guess I'll have to ask a mod to help find out who built it. 

So much for my plans to make a nether base....

ScaryMJDiamcreep

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 08:46:41 am »
i think if you want a base involving the nether, the best thing to do is always to find a good spot in the nether, and hope that the corresponding spot in the overworld is good for your plans. i did that back on sur1, and now on sur2 i've done the same. it is a very good idea if you need a nether fortress for your build.

MaxMoneyAWA

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 07:24:06 pm »
i think if you want a base involving the nether, the best thing to do is always to find a good spot in the nether, and hope that the corresponding spot in the overworld is good for your plans. i did that back on sur1, and now on sur2 i've done the same. it is a very good idea if you need a nether fortress for your build.
So what you are saying is I did it backwards and I shouldn't build my nether base because it's too close to the unclaimed and unfinished build, yes?

I am on sur1 where almost no one plays anymore. I joined dogcraft the week before Ren opened sur2. I had no idea people would abandon sur1 like they did.

MaxMoneyAWA

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 07:29:08 pm »
Aside from having to get rid of everything that I have in the nether and built there ...

How am I supposed to get to the nether if I can't have a nether portal in my base?

ScaryMJDiamcreep

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 07:41:55 pm »
well, there's the portal in spawn city. you can get there if you turn left as soon as you enter the city. as for destroying your base, you shouldn't have to do that, depending on if you like the area that your portal leads to and a mod's opinion on whether it's ok to build your nether base

gamerluuk

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 05:40:46 am »
Why does the Nether have the same advice as the overworld?