Poll

Should the name of our 'Dogcraft Dollars' change?

NO! Don't change it please!
28 (59.6%)
YES! Change it to 'Spacebucks'!
0 (0%)
I don't mind either way.
7 (14.9%)
What even are 'Dogcraft Dollars'?!
0 (0%)
YES! Change it to 'Dogpounds'!
6 (12.8%)
YES! Change it to 'Dogos'!
1 (2.1%)
YES! Change it to 'Craftos'!
0 (0%)
YES! Change it to 'Renbucks'!
4 (8.5%)
YES! Change it to 'Silk Sigils'!
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: DCD: Change the name?  (Read 5669 times)

Victix11

DCD: Change the name?
« on: April 10, 2017, 03:31:14 pm »
Hey all! :D

Dogcraft Dollars have become quite a staple in the community and they've been around for quite some time, but when compared to most real life currency, the name is quite long (Dollars, Pounds, Euros, Yen, etc). So Ren has proposed we change the name! His suggestion was Spacebucks, his might sound familiar to some of you (reference to ren's survival series ^^). But we want your input on this! Should we change the name? Is Spacebucks a good replacement? Let us know! There's a poll in this post to vote, but a vote in replies will suffice too :) Suggestions for different names will be added to the poll ^^

-The Dogcraft.net Staff team

TerTerFooFoo

Re: DCD: Change the name?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 12:08:53 am »
(cyber)Dog pounds?

Rustbite

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 02:56:42 am »
hmmmm Vic you have asked a hard one lol

what about

-Dogos (Euros)
-Craftos
-Craftollars
-Dogollars

can't think of much else atm

peterpaul1991

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 06:55:53 am »
DCD is ok with me or go for Renbucks  ;)

Victix11

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 10:35:49 am »
Thanks for the suggestions guys! Added them to the poll :D (Although some sound a bit ridiculous *looks at rust* xD)

CriticalMole

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 09:37:00 pm »
I like most of these suggestions but I must point out that there is a very popular server (1000s online at all times) that uses "Spacebucks" which is the only reason I don't full heartedly embrace that suggestion.  I really like the name actually and I think that we could change the name but it should be another reference to one of Ren's main series.  Also I agree "Dogcraft Dollars" is very long winded.

domasleo159

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 08:35:56 pm »
Either keep it the same or go for spacebucks or renbucks!

Kijushi

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 06:24:35 am »
I find it interesting that he wishes to use the name of his rival gang's currency over his own, being the silk dollar.

j0n_r4ng

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 07:27:55 am »
Has Ren always been a double agent!?! Everything I know is a lie, he's one of them...

Warpedmatrix77

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 08:36:57 am »
Keep the original name, DogCraft Dollars. If that's just too long and tedious to say, then use DCD. It's known, it's easy. Why change something that isn't broken? Change for the mere sake of change is not equal to progress.

2lesslives.

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 09:10:25 am »
I suggest VC's aka VictixCookies, nice old reference to an old and great head moderator ;)

firsty.blocker

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 12:57:14 pm »
I would like Renbucks or Dogpounds

-OPwrecker :)

CommanderWolf

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 07:45:55 pm »
Personally I think that the currency should stay the same. It is known by everyone and fits the style of the server. If Dogcraft Dollars is too long just use the abbreviation DCD as I've seen most do.

Also as a side note, most currencies across the world officially don't have shortened names (with the exception of the Euro) but all have a simple three letter acronym as seen here: https://www.easymarkets.com/int/learn-centre/discover-trading/currency-acronyms-and-abbreviations/

P.S. The dollar is a really bad example of a single point/universally known currency as there are 23 different dollars around the world (Also seen in the link above).

frozen4power

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 07:49:21 pm »
I have to agree with Warpedmatrix77   <edit: and CommanderWolf>. I think DogCraft Dollars sound the most fitting for us cyberdogs, and it is an unique name. And if someone thinks it to be too long, just use DCD. That way it doesn't have to be too long, ánd it keeps being unique ánd a fitting name.

Kijushi

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 06:06:25 am »
I propose a new name. Silk Sigils.