Author Topic: 60,000 Housing Contest Winners  (Read 4848 times)

Gawin

60,000 Housing Contest Winners
« on: February 04, 2018, 07:17:19 pm »
Yes 60,000 after all was said and done we ended up with over 60,000 DCD in prize money.

First off I want to thank everyone who built, donated and judged the competition. With out the help of all of you this would not have happened.

I also have to thank Quasi and marbou9 who without there help would have gone bald trying to do everything myself.

Now on to the winners.

Grand Prize of 25,000 DCD is OldManLP85
Second Place and 15,000 DCD goes to xclickitx
Third place and 5,000 DCD is Heatjr

We were so torn on the next couple of prizes we split them up.

Best use of Diorite: Joschija (5000), Aeghu (5000), Wambertus (2500)

Best use of Granite: Heatjr (2500), zap_plays (2500)

Best use of Redstone (this was originally my choice award before I became a judge) goes to Atollabell 2500.

Wile no prize for this was offered the best interior was Aeghu.

Honorable mentions (just missed the top 3): - Glowlee - AtollaBell - Y3Y3 - Wambertus - Zap_plays - Taqukaq77 - HoosaSnitch - MaseratiMan

Again I cant thank you all enough for coming out and helping make this town. There will be other events coming in the future.

AtollaBell

Re: 60,000 Housing Contest Winners
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 11:07:35 pm »
Gawin, this competition was an absolute blast. You have been incredibly generous and the rest of the builders super talented!

I love this since it gave me an opportunity to see where my skills were at, see a lot of inspiration, and know where I can improve myself. Everyone has been lovely <3

Looking forward to more in the future!

OldmanLP85

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 01:29:44 am »
Wow. I can't believe I got a prize. There were so many great builds there.

Thankyou Gawin, Quasi, and Marbou for setting up the competition. I really enjoyed getting out and participating.

I look forward to the next thing.

Wodong77

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 01:50:06 am »
Wow. I can't believe I got a prize. There were so many great builds there.

Thankyou Gawin, Quasi, and Marbou for setting up the competition. I really enjoyed getting out and participating.

I look forward to the next thing.

You can't believe you got a prize? I can believe it. Man I wasn't on the panel but I would have voted for you if there'd been a "people's choice" vote. Your place is quite something. (Even the basement was cool and not at all sinister ;p).

Congratulations in order to all the prize winners, I really, really enjoyed checking in at the town and seeing the new builds popping up every time I logged onto the server.

Props to the judges. Big ups to Gawin_Grimm for organizing the event and putting up his own DCD for the prize money. Looking forward to future events in Kholinar.

Joschija

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 03:13:55 am »
I did win in the Diorite Competition :-D Makes me feel so happy!
Come check out my build to see how diorite is treated best for building (in my oppinion anyway :-p)

Thanks for setting up the competition. That was lots of fun and I enjoyed building as much as seeing my fellow competitors builds shine. Good job everone!

xclickitx

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 04:39:07 am »
Whoa, I am speechless. This was the first build comp I entered on a server, and I feel that my main area of focus is outdoors. So to have gotten into the top 3 has sent me over the moon. There are so many talented builders, and I know the judges didn't have an easy time. So thank you Quasi and Gawin for the opportunity. Big shout out to the other builders, you really left me #inspired.

xclick ~

Skelleton123

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 03:37:08 pm »
Congratz for all the winners!