Author Topic: Questions about rules, regarding self promotion  (Read 2736 times)

FrozenTwoDeath

Questions about rules, regarding self promotion
« on: April 07, 2017, 03:34:48 am »
I know people post things like their Let's play's and some even their YouTube channels, but I have a question.
Would it be for someone like me, who is just an artist, to self promote?
I ask this because well
1. I'm a very shy bean, and I don't want to get in trouble for what is honestly my best intentions.
2. I would like to start being a bigger part of the community (baby steps) and one thing I'm pretty good at is art. I love to draw and more importantly I love to draw other peoples characters (or personas). It honestly makes me really happy to see people's reaction to my art.

I feel like maybe the only thing I can do for this community is maybe art. I still give out my art for free for now for more then one reason, but the main being the reason "2" listed above. I don't quite know how to end this, so I'll leave well my awkwardness is at a minimum.

Dragon

Re: Questions about rules, regarding self promotion
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 04:34:39 am »
Hey, I'm an artist too and was also thinking of posting my art here as well! And I'm sure you are fine posting it here, as well as self promotion. I don't see why you would get in trouble if other people are allowed to advertise channels on here, then you should definitely able to post art. And at the old site there was an art section in the forums. I'm waiting for a specific art forum on here though, I feel like it would be more organised and stuff.

j0n_r4ng

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 05:03:47 am »
We here at dogcraft.net love seeing artwork and things from our Cyberdogs!

Here on the forums I believe at the moment this is the place to post them, place blame on me if I'm wrong, sorry Vic if I am.  :P

But fell free to tag us on Twitter @Dogcraftnet with any artwork you do, we love seeing it there, and I know Ren does as well.

Victix11

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 11:21:49 am »
Don't worry about posting your art, you're absolutely free to do so :) At the moment, the new site is still in infancy and we have yet to discuss thins with Ren, including a specific board to share art and other shameless plugs. We'll keep you guys informed, but for now, posting your art in the general chat is fine, or like jon said, tag the DC twitter account in a tweet ^^

TBone_Robo

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 05:30:13 pm »
I think one of the benefits of being part of a community Is being able to share your creativity.

Y3Y3

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 06:42:42 pm »
I'm not a artist myself but I can appreciate it and enjoy to see all of the cyberdog works on the shameless plugs channel on discord. I would love to see your; just message me it :)

-Y3Y3 :)

EternalKaz

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 11:22:16 pm »
Feel free to plug your art in the #Arts4Days channel on our discord server.

~Kaz

FrozenTwoDeath

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 03:17:29 am »
Thanks for all the feed back guys. C:
I'm feeling a bit more confident now, so when (or if) I draw something related to minecraft or this community i'll be sure to share it. 
Again Thank you.

j0n_r4ng

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 03:25:45 am »
I vote you lean towards the "when" and not the "if".