Author Topic: Villager Trades and Enchantments List!  (Read 3717 times)

BriGuy

Villager Trades and Enchantments List!
« on: January 03, 2018, 03:20:15 pm »
Hey there, Cyberdog Nation!  I hope you all had a FANTASTIC holiday and New Year's celebration!  In fact, before I go any further I'd like to publicly thank the admin/mod/build team for their AMAZING work on the CyberDog New Year's celebration we had here on the server. You all ROCK!

I'm a bit of a perfectionist and very much a completionist when it comes to the games I play; as such, I have been looking for a way to keep track of what villagers I have, what trades they provide and what I was still looking to add.  I came up with something I hope you will find very useful!  Please see the attached 3-page PDF which I will explain here:

The first two pages list all 89 enchanted books available via Librarians.  There are 10 boxes next to each enchantment into which you may fill in the prices available.  There is also a long box at the end for any notes you wish to include.  At the bottom of the second page is the emerald price range for leveled enchantments.  No more wondering if there's a better book option out there - now you can figure out if the villagers have been ripping you off!

The third page lists most of the perfect trades available by most villagers (not a COMPLETE list as many trades are ignored).  With a few caveats and exceptions, this is, for the most part, all the information you need for optimizing your trades and emeralds.  Next to each trade is a box you may use to check off that you have that trade available along with a longer box for any notes you may wish to include.

Using this set of spreadsheets, I was able to find the best villagers to keep and which were unnecessary.  It is very much a work in progress so I welcome positive and corrective feedback.  I hope you find it useful.  If you do, let me know!

Take care and happy collecting!

legowar1508

Re: Villager Trades and Enchantments List!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 07:41:34 pm »
looks useful. is this just a way to tell what the best prices are in the shops?

BriGuy

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 10:53:25 pm »
looks useful. is this just a way to tell what the best prices are in the shops?

Yes and no... It's a way to see what prices you have available, what to keep trading for, and what you do or don't need to complete your collection.  I also use it to keep track of multiple available books. Example:  If I had 2 [Sweeping Edge 3] books (costing 11 and 32), thanks to my spreadsheet, i know to ignore the book that costs 32 and keep looking for the 11.

End of the day, it's just a basic list with some boxes that you can use however you choose to (if you choose to) :)   I found it useful and hope some other cyberdogs will too.

OldmanLP85

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 12:03:14 am »
That's a great idea.

legowar1508

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 01:34:18 pm »
ok! my issue is that I am out of villagers =P is there a design for a villager breeder that doesn't require you to be right there?

AtollaBell

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 08:02:54 pm »
ok! my issue is that I am out of villagers =P is there a design for a villager breeder that doesn't require you to be right there?
I don’t believe so. Villagers stop moving/functioning if you’re over 32 blocks away, so I’m fairly certain you need to be within that distance for all breeders simply because of the coding.

legowar1508

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 04:51:39 pm »
OK thanks! I am going to build a new one closer to where a work =P

firsty.blocker

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 12:27:35 am »
There is an image on the Minecraft Wiki that specifies all the trades, including possible ranges. But the spreadsheet you created is definitely useful, would be better if it was a .xlsx (Microsoft Excel/LibreOffice) file, it would be easier for editing.  :)

EDIT: Find the file here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/w11311vvnaj1mdf/Villager_Trade_Chart.xlsx
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:52:53 am by Firsty Blocker »

BriGuy

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 04:43:24 am »
There is an image on the Minecraft Wiki that specifies all the trades, including possible ranges.

I copied the information from the Wiki to the spreadsheet (hopefully it's all correct).  but thanks for posting the link!!

EDIT: Find the file here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/w11311vvnaj1mdf/Villager_Trade_Chart.xlsx

Thanks for doing this as well!  I figured that everyone may not have excel on their computers so PDF would be more universal, but this is excellent for those who wish to edit the spreadsheet to their benefit.  Excellent edit/addition!

legowar1508

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 02:01:48 pm »
this will definately help when I start work on my villager trading hall =P

xclickitx

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 05:24:24 pm »
Following this topic. Very useful information.

Dewnlafied

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2018, 05:00:25 am »
Thanks Bri

jono197

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 04:18:38 pm »
thank you!