Author Topic: Of Heads and Eggs  (Read 2395 times)

legowar1508

Of Heads and Eggs
« on: December 10, 2017, 03:07:45 pm »
So I have always wanted to have a shulker in my base. but I realized that that is just unrealistic and improbable now that to find any shulkers you have to be 10000 blocks out. I was wondering if we could have a new custom recipe where you take a head of a mob and craft it with an egg and like some obsidian and you would get a spawn egg for that mob?

Attila

Re: Of Heads and Eggs
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 06:53:53 pm »
I like that idea, but that will probably never get integrated into the server, since he server tries to keep it as vanilla survival as possible, with just a few changes here and there. Plus you would still need to go 10000 blocks out to find a shulker

legowar1508

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 02:59:36 pm »
I see where you are going with that. maybe do something like whenever you push something through one of the portals you push it to your first home slot or something so that you are not traveling for years to get the shulker to your house

Quasi_1987

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 07:36:03 pm »
I managed to get a Magma Cube out of the Nether.. don't ask how.. My own portal was to close to spawn, so I used the one of my neighbour. The cube followed me through the portal while mobs like Ghasts and Wither skeletons seem impossible. I found out that a Magma Cube can swim, so it followed me over water for about 100 blocks to end up in a nice cage behind my netherportal.

A shulker would be one of the most awesome mobs to have in the overworld, but we don't have access to an endportal to make some adjustments.

When 1.13 comes out i'm planning to make a recipe for zombiehorses to use in my own ssp world, instead of giving myself creative rights for a second. So I can spawn those horses which are ingame for years now..

clangedinn

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 01:23:34 pm »
Neat Idea, An issue i could see if possible griefing due to mob eggs.  But it would make creating a zoo, or something akin to that easier for sure.

Skelleton123

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 03:46:57 pm »
Maybe the admins can integrate a mob-egg solution, like how we can catch and create villager eggs etc...
Although, if you can get one from the end to your base, that would just be an awesome achievement!

-Skelly-

legowar1508

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 07:32:44 pm »
I don't know where the original end portal is to move the shulker. my base is at 5000 -5000 so that's a lot of moving.