Author Topic: claims and oddities  (Read 2177 times)

CyclingLymie

claims and oddities
« on: November 05, 2017, 02:14:04 am »
So I made a claim.  I had some chest on it.  being a meh what ever guy,  I started building around out side the claim. A house, a garden, a cow pen,  sugarcane. basic starter stuff while I mined.

Well I also built an 8x8 wheat farm. Its a farm of sorts because It has 8 downward facing pistons holding back water that I can flush the field with a lever.  It worked fine on my first day, and then I expanded my claim to include house. So on my second day (today) i log on to flush my field and only 3 rows (left most three rows) get flushed. I've never seen water not flow before.  I broke it open and it flowed out the back!!!  not the front.  Oh well I'll just do it manual.  Later I noticed that when I expanded the claim. The new corner that I couldn't see went down the front of the water including the pistons but not the water. except for the last 3 rows.  So I expanded back 2 blocks. All works fine again.

Anyways I am having fun here!!!!

EternalKaz

Re: claims and oddities
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 04:31:17 am »
Claims stop movement of things like lava and water from the outside in unless they are inside the claim.

~Kaz

CyclingLymie

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 10:55:30 pm »
Hmmm that could be very handy for making a lava wall or water wall.
Would that be an exploit?

clangedinn

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 01:20:26 pm »
I had this same issue and the claim stopped water flow, so i claimed the area outside as well but since they were two separate claims it still stopped the water flow.  I have to expand my original claim to include the area the water needed to flow through and not just create a new claim.