Author Topic: sully  (Read 8307 times)

domasleo159

sully
« on: April 04, 2017, 11:36:10 pm »
Has anybody seen the movie sully? if so, was it any good? 

Thanks,
Dom

Ps. Please no spoilers!.

SqueezeThatLime

Re: sully
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 01:11:11 am »
Well worth it the money. Before I watched it I watched the documentary of it on Youtube too.

LilWolfie

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 05:02:10 pm »
I've actually got this rented on my phone to watch this weekend. I'm pretty excited to watch it. I've heard only positive about it. Plus it's Tom Hanks starring; he's usually only in good movies (or at least the ones I've seen).

ETA: I just finished watching it, and I truly enjoyed it. I will say that I think it is for a certain audience. Clint Eastwood is obviously a fan of Sully and he really hammered in how calm the pilots were in the final 200-odd seconds of the flight. This movie isn't going to get your blood flowing  (although I cried when the baby did...I can't help it. I have a baby), rather it's more for getting an interesting view of the event.

If you are looking for something action packed and filled with excitement, I'll direct you toward "Flight."  (viewer discretion advised)

Wolfie
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 03:54:31 am by LilWolfie »

Mattigins

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 05:10:57 am »
Started watching it, ended up turning it off. Did not enjoy.

Y3Y3

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 08:49:47 pm »
I had mixed emotions on this film, a part of me really enjoyed it and how the decided to go around filming in and the structure of it. But the other half of me got really bored lol-Also I don't like Tom Hanks

2lesslives.

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 11:31:24 pm »
I've never even heard of the movie. Who is Tom Hanks? And I don't think I'll ever watch it to be honest, if someone could like pm me a brief insight as to what it is and about that'd be nice.

~ 2less

NebulaPond

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 11:38:07 pm »
I saw it at a special screening with a QnA with Tom Hanks and Aaron Eckhart (the two stars who play the pilots).

Whilst I felt there was not much excitement, I felt it did a great job of telling the story.

Clint Eastwood is a great director and both Hanks and Eckhart perform amazingly. There are also some really nice edits and lines which convey emotional concepts really well.

I'd give the film an 8/10

- Nebs

domasleo159

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 08:40:44 pm »
Watched it.  Was pretty good.

TerTerFooFoo

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 05:29:22 pm »
I had mixed emotions on this film, a part of me really enjoyed it and how the decided to go around filming in and the structure of it. But the other half of me got really bored lol-Also I don't like Tom Hanks

I know it is forbidden to ask age, so I won't. So I am going to have to make an assumption. I am going to assume that you are young. So I will forgive you for saying that you don't like Tom Hanks. lol Before everyone starts running for their pitchforks, yes, I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is meant to be funny.... Kinda. See, us old folks know a much cooler Tom Hanks than you young whipper snappers do! And how can you NOT like The Conductor from Polar Express!!=P

jjminedogs

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 07:24:21 pm »
Wilson!!  :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 07:30:00 pm by jjminedogs »

TerTerFooFoo

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 02:27:05 am »
I was thinking more along the lines of "I don't understand. All my life I've been waiting for someone and when I find her, she's... she's a fish!"

firsty.blocker

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 12:48:36 pm »

I know it is forbidden to ask age, so I won't. So I am going to have to make an assumption. I am going to assume that you are young. So I will forgive you for saying that you don't like Tom Hanks. lol Before everyone starts running for their pitchforks, yes, I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is meant to be funny.... Kinda. See, us old folks know a much cooler Tom Hanks than you young whipper snappers do! And how can you NOT like The Conductor from Polar Express!!=P

How can you not like the Polar Express? I watch it every other Christmas. It's a great movie to relax right before New Years Eve (when I stay up).

-OPwrecker

creeperrafe

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 12:45:24 am »
Hey Dom I've never seen sully but i have heard from some friends of mine that it is a great movie.

From

Rafe