Author Topic: Block Junk Yard?  (Read 4083 times)

Katkilledeveryone

Block Junk Yard?
« on: October 23, 2017, 02:10:36 am »
Sometimes I wish there was a way people could dump all the blocks they dont want into a place for other people to use. It would probably be mostly stone/food but it would be pretty cool for other builders. What do you guys think about a community warehouse?

Brianetta

Re: Block Junk Yard?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 11:43:29 am »
Havana has one. Any Havana citizen can use it. (-:

chompygator

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 09:50:05 am »
I know that as a new to the server player that would be amazing! I could totally use some stone, cobble dirt etc. =) but how do you stop some people from hording?

ShadowCrafter

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 12:04:48 pm »
Wanigoora has one as well.

AtollaBell

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 05:53:38 pm »
I know that as a new to the server player that would be amazing! I could totally use some stone, cobble dirt etc. =) but how do you stop some people from hording?

To put it simply, you can’t. Some people want to have the resources on hand. Of course, there’s also older players that donate their spare stone and dirt to the community projects so aren’t hoarding at all - they simply don’t have it on hand. And maybe they simply don’t know about the “junk yard”. I didn’t until this thread and so need to go exploring.

will_d601

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 06:26:52 pm »
Yes, I think that is a great idea. We could just build a public stone, smoothstone, dirt ect. silo. I will take that into consideration while I build my city!

will_d601

legowar1508

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 07:25:11 pm »
I may start a donation bin or something. is there a vanilla way to trash things in mass without fire?

Brianetta

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 11:51:00 pm »
I may start a donation bin or something. is there a vanilla way to trash things in mass without fire?

It isn't vanilla, but you can ask a mod nicely to create a disposal sign for you. You might need to provide the sign. They might say no, but you can ask.

legowar1508

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2017, 02:31:52 pm »
What is a disposal sign?

Brianetta

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2017, 03:11:55 pm »
It's a regular sign with [disposal] on the first line. When you right click it, it opens an empty inventory like a chest. When you close it, the inventory (and everything in it) vanishes.

xclickitx

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 11:53:15 pm »
It's a regular sign with [disposal] on the first line. When you right click it, it opens an empty inventory like a chest. When you close it, the inventory (and everything in it) vanishes.

That's amazing.

legowar1508

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2017, 03:17:12 pm »
That's very useful I think I saw one of those in the end farm! I use it regularly. I thought it was a red stone mechanic or something