Author Topic: The Great Survival Map - FINISHED!  (Read 11340 times)

Skelleton123

Re: The Great Survival Map
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2018, 02:54:23 pm »
Small interesting update:

* All major SRN station-maps have been added to the map building!

Go check them out!

-Skelly-

_edo

Re: The Great Survival Map
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2018, 11:44:41 pm »
Hey peeps, here's another update of the Great Survival Map of the survival 2 world. I've created a new stitched together image. Feel free to use/modify/copy/share the map any way you like. That's what this map is meant for. E.g. using it as a background for your own annotated map.

I've created 3 versions:

A bare version

view large

A version with a grid and coordinates

view large

A version with a grid, coordinates and map numbers

view large

All images are 5120x5120 pixels.

The GSM map can be seen in-game in the survival 2 world in the Map Building in Havana, just north east of Grand Central Station. Thank you to everyone who helped creating maps for this project!!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 09:23:42 pm by _edo »

Skelleton123

Re: The Great Survival Map - FINISHED!
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2018, 05:43:22 pm »
Dear People

We're almost one year in and we've done it! The Great Survival Map has been finished!

We'd like to thank all of you who contributed to building and finishing this map.

_Edo
Aeghu
AtollaBell
Bestfreestylist
ChargedBluey
Commander_ Wolf
Darparniox
Dragonranger35
EllenNL
Heatjr
Heothas
Joschija
Killuachoun
Lord_Cadbury
Marbou9
Max_Argos
MollusSlime
Mrs_Diss
RCrazyPT
ScaryMJDiamcreep
Skelleton123
William278

If I've forgotten anyone, plz let me know!

Some Trivia:
There are 100 1:16 maps
Each map is 2048x2084, which means the big map is 20480x20480 blocks!

Extra special thanks to _edo for stitching up the map!

-Skelly-

« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 07:10:18 am by Skelleton123 »

ScaryMJDiamcreep

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2018, 06:49:14 pm »
this is something minor, but the C in my name is lower-case

ebi_furya

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2018, 07:11:09 pm »
Awesome job everyone! I'll have to swing by Havana and check out the map in person. Now that it's done, are there plans to expand it? I only ask  because my base is about 600 blocks off the map to the east...

_edo

« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2018, 09:20:04 pm »
The Great Survival Map of the survival 2 world is finally complete, after almost a year, and I've created a new stitched together image. Feel free to use/modify/copy/share the map any way you like. That's what this map is meant for. E.g. using it as a background for your own annotated map.

I've created 2 versions:

A bare version

view large

A version with a grid and coordinates

view large

The images are 5120x5120 pixels.

The GSM map can be seen in-game in the survival 2 world in the Map Building in Havana, just north east of Grand Central Station. Thank you to everyone who helped creating maps for this project!!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 09:27:34 pm by _edo »

darparniox

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2018, 04:06:47 am »
Awesome job everyone! I'll have to swing by Havana and check out the map in person. Now that it's done, are there plans to expand it? I only ask  because my base is about 600 blocks off the map to the east...

From what I know it's a maybe to probably. But we'd just like to sit back and bask in the glory of having the original project done for now!  :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 06:32:02 am by darparniox »

ebi_furya

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2018, 12:40:37 pm »
From what I know it's a maybe to probably. But we'd just like to fit back and bask in the glory of having the original project done for now!  :)
Bask away, my friend. You all deserve it. Mapping on this scale is no easy feat. I visited the map room the other day and the screen shots don't do it justice. Very impressive.

If/when the project continues, I'd be willing to work on a few sectors out east.  8)

Mrs Diss

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2018, 03:56:34 pm »
I'm definitely hoping for an extension to the GSM! my base is two maps off the eastern border, if i've got my coords right, and large enough to show up on the map. I'll definitely be contributing more maps when we expand :D

But for now, bask in the glory of the GSM!