Author Topic: The Great Survival Map - FINISHED!  (Read 11348 times)

xclickitx

Re: The Great Survival Map
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2018, 05:23:31 pm »
Such a cool project.

Skelleton123

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2018, 07:36:39 pm »
Latest Update of the map was added to the first post.

Yet again, Thnx to all people contributing to the project! We are starting to see how all the large land pieces fit together on this world. It will remain a challenge for the SRN to connect it all up in the end. But thnx to all the players helping out, we can plan ahead!

Don't forget to keep bringing in your maps!

-Skelly-

ebi_furya

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2018, 07:54:53 pm »
If my math and memory are right, my base should be in the black area in the lower right (around 8700, 6700). Next time I'm on, I'll make my way to Havana and check the wall. Might be able to help fill in another gap.

Edit: Nope, I'm off your map by 1. I'm just east of map 60 or 70. :(
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 01:04:00 pm by ebi_furya »

Skelleton123

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2018, 09:59:10 am »

Edit: Nope, I'm off your map by 1. I'm just east of map 60 or 70. :(

Don't worry. Once we complete this map, we'll be looking at filling in more of the world by expanding it. You'll get a chance to help out after all ;)

EDIT: I have updated the map with coordinates in the first post as well. Big thanks to _edo for creating it!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 10:02:17 am by Skelleton123 »

_edo

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2018, 10:01:36 am »
Here's the most recent GSM map with coordinates and map numbers:

view large

Skelleton123

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2018, 07:40:51 pm »
It's been more than 100 days since we updated you guys on the project. But here I am!

The Great Survival Map project was started when we started the server and since the latest Tour video's Ren released a lot of people are new. So time to get the new people involved in the project as well.

We've been receiving a considerable amount of new maps to be added. Edo will make an updated version of the map soon and post it here. But some other things have changed:

* The Map-Building has been build in Havana and so the Map has been moved inside. You'll find it standing up in the basement at the moment. Once 1.13 rolls out on the server we'll be putting it on the floor!
* The Map-donation/delivery box has also been placed inside. You find it at the bottom of the stairs in the basement as well. (See picture)

Click for larger version

Click for larger version

Click for larger version

Hope we can get some more updates on the progress soon! Watch out for Edo posting an updated map!

-Skelly-

ebi_furya

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2018, 02:49:16 am »
Ah ha! I knew something was different. I saw the red building when I was there yesterday morning, but I couldn't think of what used to be there and didn't feel right just waltzing in and exploring. All I knew was there was a new, awesome looking building that popped up. Now that I know what it is, I may have to check it out further. Good job on the build!

gamerluuk

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2018, 11:27:38 am »
Looks good!

adam_domi

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2018, 06:44:23 pm »
Once 1.13 comes out, will you add banners to signify bigger cities? Or SrS stations?

Skelleton123

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2018, 09:48:38 am »
Once 1.13 comes out, will you add banners to signify bigger cities? Or SrS stations?

Yes! That is at least the plan. I'll still have to figure out a color code, so it'll be easy to see what is a station/ntn portal/ city or important location on the server. But will definitely take advantage of that feature!

-skelly-

briggsmech

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2018, 01:39:27 pm »
Hey. I want to help with this project! Is the map you have listed in the first post the one missing peaces? I have what should be map 68 but in a later post (the one showing the map in the building) it looks like you already have that one. Let me know if you still need that one.

gamerluuk

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2018, 04:12:31 pm »
Where on the map is Havana? I want to know where my base is.

ScaryMJDiamcreep

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2018, 06:59:38 pm »
briggs, the easiest way to see if the map you have is still needed is to look at the map in the building, and see what ones are missing.

Marbou9

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2018, 09:41:43 am »
Hey. I want to help with this project! Is the map you have listed in the first post the one missing peaces? I have what should be map 68 but in a later post (the one showing the map in the building) it looks like you already have that one. Let me know if you still need that one.

The map shown in Skelleton123's last post is the most recent one. For a fully up-to-date version, come visit the building in Havana :)

Where on the map is Havana? I want to know where my base is.

Havana is roughly in the middle. You can recognize it by the green markers in the middle of the map. A little higher up is a large brown area, this is the /spawn area, to give you a sense of the map's scale.

gamerluuk

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2018, 12:50:45 pm »
Wow