Author Topic: The Great Survival Map - FINISHED!  (Read 11351 times)

Skelleton123

The Great Survival Map - FINISHED!
« on: September 09, 2017, 08:37:31 am »
Hi Cyberdogs!

Welcome to the Great Survival Map project (GSM for short). As a lot of you already know the SRN/NTN team has begun on the construction of the new network in the brand new Survival 2 server. More info can be found in this topic.

Part of the project is to map the whole server with the in-game map system. Why not use Dynmap or something similar I hear you ask? Well we're all about the experience this time! We want to do as much as possible the vanilla way. Therefore we are starting by constructing a 10x10 map, made up of 1:16 maps (Zoom step 4 - click for wiki)

The map has been finished! We'll update the map picture below asap. This has been a big project, thanks to all the people who helped constructing this map!

Map with Coords:

Click to see it bigger!

Latest update:

Click to see it bigger!

How can you help:

* On the picture above you see 99 itemframes missing a map. They all have a number and under them coördinates.
* If you found a map that is close to your base or includes your base or you just picked one, go to those coördinates.
* Don't forget to bring a clean map, 32 pieces of paper and a crafting bench.
* Once at the coördinates you can rightclick the map to create it. Put it in the crafting bench and make it larger by surrounding it with 8 pieces of paper.
* Repeat the enlarging step until you are out of paper, or it won't let you upgrade any further. Now you have the biggest mapsize.
* If the calculations are right you should be around the center of the map. If not, LET US KNOW!.
* Now have fun exploring the 2048x2048 blocks of adventure while making the map.

* Once you have filled in the entire map, feel free to make a copy for yourself to keep (if you wish to update your map later, this will update the copy you hand in automatically.).
* Now on to Grand Central station for delivery. You can travel there using the South Line in Spawn for now. We'll let you know when we have multiple routes.
* Here you'll find the Map building (picture) with in the basement a chest for handing in. BUT WAIT! We need to know which part of the map you are handing in. So rename your map piece using the number and your username. This way we know where to place the map on the board and you'll get recognition when it's finished!

Click to see it bigger

Hope you all are having fun on the server and are willing to help out on this project! It would be awesome to have the community work together on a big project that will benefit us all in the end!

Kind Regards
Skelleton123 And the SRN Team.

PS: We'll try to update the picture with the handed in maps in place at least once a month.
PSS: Once all the maps are gathered We'll stitch them up in Photoshop so people can find a detailed version here on the forums.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 07:17:41 am by Skelleton123 »

Skelleton123

Re: The Great Survival 2 Map Project
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 11:17:41 am »
For example. Map 46 has been completed by me, Skelleton123

http://i68.tinypic.com/289wm5j.png

EllenNL

Re: The Great Survival Map
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 02:39:07 pm »
I love the idea of having a great map of the server! :D

One thing I found though. I was working on doing map number 82 (because thats near my base) and I noticed that it put me not quite in the middle of the map, on the coords found in your posted pic. (see the pic below)

I just thought I would let you know, just in case :)

//Ellen

ScaryMJDiamcreep

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 06:10:08 am »
the coordinate for 95 is in the bottom left corner of the map. that probably means that all ones on the bottom row are on the bottom of the map and all ones on the column are to the left of the map

Skelleton123

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 11:08:08 am »
Thank you guys for letting me know. I'm currently on vacation relaxing at the pool.Once I get back next week I'll try and figure out what I did wrong with the calculations and fix the map picture in the first post. For now thanks for participating already!

Kr
Skelly

_edo

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 10:14:16 am »
The maps we've gotten so far:

(open image in new window to zoom in)

Contributors:
Skelleton123
Heothas
killuachoun
Aeghu
TeryTheOwl

ty all!

Many more maps still needed, so if you wanna help, please do, ty! See the original post for instructions.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 02:40:17 pm by _edo »

Attila

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 07:56:26 pm »
So. . . . so far there are 5 on a wall of about 99? Am I right? If this is true. . . this map will take a long time to be completed.

Time to start exploring!!   :P

Skelleton123

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 06:53:29 am »
So. . . . so far there are 5 on a wall of about 99? Am I right? If this is true. . . this map will take a long time to be completed.

Time to start exploring!!   :P

The more people who help out, the faster we'll get it done. I'm back from a week long holiday. I'll check the progress and post a new picture during the day.

Update: Updated the map We're doing good so far! Keep it up!
Already a big thanks to Kiluachoun, Heothas and Commander Wolf for turning in completed maps!

http://i63.tinypic.com/154yo1x.png

On another note: The coördinates of the maps might not place you in the middel of the map, but should still put you within the correct square to start exploring. For now I'm gonna leave it like it is. If you find you are creating a duplicate or the wrong map at any of these Coördinates so I can correct them!

Kr
Skelly

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 07:38:56 am by Skelleton123 »

therealkid2369

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 07:43:49 pm »
Wow, this gonna take a while! but I'm happy well finally be able to have a map again

Skelleton123

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 10:12:40 am »
Wow, this gonna take a while! but I'm happy well finally be able to have a map again
Feel free to help out and hand in a map near your base location!

therealkid2369

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 07:43:04 pm »

I already have I'm going to start the second one today :)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 08:36:49 pm by therealkid2369 »

Lord_Cadbury

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 02:58:01 am »
working on #65

Skelleton123

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 11:32:18 am »
Folks,

Don't forget to turn them in when you're done!

KR
Skelly

clangedinn

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 03:15:58 pm »
What a cool idea.  I will talk to the lovely ladies i base with and see if we can get our area mapped out.

ScaryMJDiamcreep

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2017, 02:08:53 pm »
think i fixed my problem. hadn't actually zoomed the map out the full way