Author Topic: SRN in Survival 2  (Read 2578 times)

darparniox

SRN in Survival 2
« on: September 08, 2017, 07:09:44 am »
This is the pre-announcement thread, please reply to this one!: http://dogcraft.net/forum.php?page=%2Ftopic%2C433.msg4182.html%23new

Hey everyone, there has been a lot of questions on the SRN and NTN since launch of the Survival 2 world. This post is to clarify and get everyone on the same page.

The SRN will continue to be built by the existing SRN team, namely me, _edo, Brianetta, Aeghu, Skelleton123 and OPwrecker, amongst others. We are hoping to be fully up and running and starting to build lines in each direction in a week and a half or so.

The only major change that is taking place is that the four main lines line will now depart from a new city to the south of spawn. This is purely a circumstantial decision as we were unable to start them from spawn itself. As a result, Spawn Station will operate as the first northern station. The main station in the new city will be called Grand Central Station to distinguish. A basic map in included below for visual reference.

In the absence of a dynamic map for Survival 2, we will also be undertaking a new project to create a new world map. This will involve making large in game maps, screenshotting them, and piecing them together in a image editing program. It will function as the new SRN map and also will be made available as a public resource without any SRN track markings over top. Skelleton123 will be in charge of this. More details will be announced soon.

A new SRN HQ will be built in the new city under the title of Ministry of Transport, and will incorporate an NTN HQ as well as other transport related resources. A facility for the server map project will also be built alongside. For now, a temporary donation chest is set up at the city, which can be found by taking the rail line south from Spawn Station. The chest has a subdivided claim so that anyone can access it.

Another, more general post very similar to the existing SRN thread will be created when work on the actual lines begins in earnest.

Feel free to ask any unanswered questions below, and me or another team member will our best to answer :)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:35:01 pm by darparniox »

William

Re: SRN in Survival 2
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 08:05:48 pm »
Exciting news Darp :) I look forward to working with the new SRN on the exciting new world.
- William

Taeolas

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 01:09:24 am »
Visited it earlier today, looking nice. Saw a Wild _edo hard at work. XD

The map project looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun flying time. lol

Also, I love the random Savanna M that's all alone not even attached to any other Savanna biome next to the place. I hope it doesn't get bulldozed for the city and is incorporated somehow.

Skelleton123

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 08:02:58 am »
Also, I love the random Savanna M that's all alone not even attached to any other Savanna biome next to the place. I hope it doesn't get bulldozed for the city and is incorporated somehow.

It is being incorporated later on when I get back from vacation in about a week. Leaving Sunday.

Taeolas

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 01:18:00 pm »

It is being incorporated later on when I get back from vacation in about a week. Leaving Sunday.

Greatest.News.Evar.

Taeolas

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 06:02:50 pm »
Are you guys building a Voltron shrine at the station? Cause there's these arches with the Voltron colours. haha

darparniox

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 10:32:50 pm »
Are you guys building a Voltron shrine at the station? Cause there's these arches with the Voltron colours. haha

hehe... not on purpose, anyway

Brianetta

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 07:37:11 am »
I'd like to remind all players that although the Survival Railway Network is a community project, according to the normal server rules the lines and stations belong to the player that built them. It's not OK to just start modifying them.

If you wish to be part of the Survival Railway Network's build team, please contact Darparniox. SRN has a dedicated Discord server where the route, stations and line design are carefully discussed. In addition, SRN has access to a workshop Minecraft server, where station designs, line designs and junction designs are worked on and vetted.

Unauthorised modifications to SRN lines and stations constitutes grief, and the player responsible for building that line or station can report it to moderators as such. Don't risk a ban, talk to the team first.

ScaryMJDiamcreep

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 04:13:09 pm »
i still don't know where this discord server is. could i have a link to it? discord name is ScaryMJDiamcreep and tag is #6163

Brianetta

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 04:37:44 pm »
It isn't a public Discord server. I believe that players are invited to join when they are accepted into the SRN team.

firsty.blocker

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 08:51:03 pm »
It isn't a public Discord server. I believe that players are invited to join when they are accepted into the SRN team.

Yep, that's how it works

Quasi_1987

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 03:39:30 pm »
Hello SRN team!,

My base/claim is on the west side of Spawn and my border hits the spawn/administrator area, so i'm very close at spawn! My coord are approximately -2280/2381. I already started a small rail from south-north and like to connect with the SRN system if that is possible, I even want to join and help building  and preparing the tracklines.

I'm also helping rid3009 on ocassion who has started his own Railway system which is heading south to my base.

Mark (a.k.a. Quasi_1987)

firsty.blocker

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 10:18:32 pm »
The current map of the SRN
It's not official, so don't go bugging me/the SRN team about it
It's a rough sketch, so it isn't to scale
It may not include all lines/stations/bases, this is as far as I know. Mail me to add your base onto the map (if it's connected to the SRN)

Skelleton123

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 07:19:59 pm »
Cyberdogs!

Construction on our SRN West-line has progressed greatly. I'm hoping to get this line up and running by the end of next week! We'll have a rudimentary station in by Monday morning, hoping to have finished a basic connection by then as well. The aim remains to have it fully up and running by Sunday October 8th!

Your West-Line Manager
SKelly