Author Topic: Survival 2 transportation networks  (Read 3045 times)

Taeolas

Survival 2 transportation networks
« on: September 06, 2017, 01:01:49 am »
Two questions really.

One is regarding the extensions of the SRN and NTN lines. From what I gather, it is done by a group of players who want to partake following certain design elements and so on. When would this come about and would the first stations of each direction be where the current paths end (just outside of the admin protected area)?

The other question is in regards to vehicles in the protected spawn areas. At least since the last I checked. We couldn't place/break boats or minecarts in these areas, would this change? For one, near my plot there's a dock built and there's two other docks on the other side of the castle walls. I like to take that path as a shortcut, but I gotta swim it rather than taking a boat between the docks. But secondly, I tried hitching a ride on the SRN from a random point to ride the track back in order to find the Spawn station. But I couldn't since the area was protected. This could also be an issue later on should a station not have minecarts available at the station.

_edo

Re: Survival 2 transportation networks
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 08:52:41 am »
Hey Taeolas,

Thank you for your thoughts about the SRN/NTN.
We (that's darparniox, SRN/NTN's current manager, me, SRN/NTN co-founder, and other members of the SRN/NTN team) have a lot of transportation plans for the new world. I'm aware, also thanks to your post, that the transportation situation is pretty unclear now for most players. What's been build now at spawn doesn't give a clear indication of the plans. We will prolly very soon make a post to clarify this.

[...]regarding the extensions of the SRN and NTN lines. From what I gather, it is done by a group of players who want to partake following certain design elements and so on. When would this come about and would the first stations of each direction be where the current paths end (just outside of the admin protected area)?
No, the SRN tracks leaving spawn in a north and south direction are just the beginnings of tracks, so that they're outside the admin protected area where it's complicated to build/change things. The stations will be further away from where the tracks stop now.

The other question is in regards to vehicles in the protected spawn areas. At least since the last I checked. We couldn't place/break boats or minecarts in these areas, would this change? For one, near my plot there's a dock built and there's two other docks on the other side of the castle walls. I like to take that path as a shortcut, but I gotta swim it rather than taking a boat between the docks. But secondly, I tried hitching a ride on the SRN from a random point to ride the track back in order to find the Spawn station. But I couldn't since the area was protected. This could also be an issue later on should a station not have minecarts available at the station.

Yes, I hope too that players will be able to place mine carts anywhere on the SRN track or inside the SRN Spawn Station. I'm gonna talk with admins about that. As for boats, I'm not fully familiar with whether the tools available to the admins will make it possible, but I surely would like to see that being possible too, yes.

Thanks again and I hope to come with more info soon.
 o/

Taeolas

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 05:29:20 pm »
Cool, thanks for the reply, I'll keep an eye out for the update.

I'm hoping the boat situation will be good to go. Especially if the NTN will be using the boats on ice system like in S1. My concern with that is that boats would move away from Spawn station and build up and overfill at other stations - Mesa station was one I noticed (probably due to the skeleton farm). One of my trips I had just filled up a few shulkers with boats from Mesa station just to refill Spawn station. XD ...Err, actually come to think of it, we'd need the ability to place boats cause dispensers won't place boats unless into water. At the very least the ice would have to be unprotected if anything for that system to work.

_edo

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 07:41:02 pm »
One of my trips I had just filled up a few shulkers with boats from Mesa station just to refill Spawn station. XD
You did?! Cool, that's nice to hear. Thanks for helping out like that!

...Err, actually come to think of it, we'd need the ability to place boats cause dispensers won't place boats unless into water. At the very least the ice would have to be unprotected if anything for that system to work.

Exactly. With the claims plugin players need build trust inside a claim to be able to place boats. That's why we haven't claimed/protected the NTN tracks and stations at all, in S1. I'm not entirely sure how it works with "world guard" (a way for admins to protect regions, afaik) but there might be similar issues. We're looking into it.

Taeolas

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 12:00:39 pm »
Yea, I wasn't just gonna leave it that way. I came across Mesa station with a boat in item form just sitting over the hopper cause there was no room. I don't like waste. lol

Ah, it's called world guard? I just looked it up on on YT and the video was mentioning something about region flagging. In the command list featured, although not mentioned, there was two flags "vehicle-place" and "vehicle-destroy". Although I don't know anything about the plugin so might not be as straightforward as it seems to me, that could hold the solution? At the very least, it appears to me that it would be at least possible to section off small spaces that are not protected, although a bit more tedious.

On a side note, there's some flags there referring to hunger. Assuming that flag is to stop hunger from going down, that might be something nice for at least the very central area of spawn. Cause that initial trip is a killer on your hunger and no access to food makes the trek difficult. XD

Here is the video I'm looking at with the time stamp being at the list I'm referring to. It could be something?

https://youtu.be/uvmO5mchNF4?t=4m26s

Pacific_Craft

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 09:58:02 pm »
This is mainly a question for _edo but im making it public as other people would like to know how far parts of the railway goes so if we want to expand the railway by ourselves. If we do is there anything we need to know?

firsty.blocker

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 10:34:47 pm »
Well we (SRN) first want to finish the 1st "ring" of stations from Grand Central. Then we'll start expanding further. If you want to help out with the SRN you can message _edo when he's on.

-OPwrecker :)

Pacific_Craft

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 01:12:57 am »
Thanks for the help!