Author Topic: What mob cap?  (Read 3009 times)

Taeolas

What mob cap?
« on: September 03, 2017, 05:27:31 pm »

That's what I ran into. This was only the tip of the iceberg too. Every turn i made was a creeper. I kill that creeper and another took its place. I eventually just gave up and let the creepers just take stuff out.

And then there was the conga lines of zombies. I swear they were coming out of no where. Add on the witches I could hear but couldn't find until much later... The enderman that was playing chicken with me. The chicken... No clue where the jockey went but... The chicken. And of course the first slime I've even found on the server decided to be here as well. I was honestly surprised I didn't have silverfish after me considering I was in extreme hills.

On top of this, there was a double spawner with a zombie and cave spider combo just above this cave of mobsanity. A zombie spawner at the entrance of this cave, and another cave spider spawner that was waiting for me after I finally cleared this place. Oh, and let's not forget the crazy thunderstorm going on midway through this whole ordeal! It's like it was trying to get me killed by making it really hard to hear them creepers sneaking up on me.

Oh, and of course, despite the mix of creepers and skeletons, not a single one decided to make me a record to pick up. =\

I wish these guys would show up for me in skyblocks so that I could actually do some of the challenges that require them. Instead, they just won't let me cave in peace.

X_x

dragnrider70

Re: What mob cap?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 04:09:38 am »
that is insane. the only time I've seen that is in a dark room spawner.

firsty.blocker

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 01:27:16 pm »
Only time I saw that was in Mumbo's mob spawner. And that's just a regular Mumbo load. You might want to build a mob spawner there xD

-OPwrecker

Taeolas

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 03:28:49 pm »
that is insane. the only time I've seen that is in a dark room spawner.

I know, right? I was just exploring a bit more, lighting up more of the mineshaft and found a ravine intersecting it. I kinda feel it's within range of this area, so idk why there'd be so many at this spot. Both this area and the ravine is under y20, but only saw 1 skeleton in the ravine lol.

Only time I saw that was in Mumbo's mob spawner. And that's just a regular Mumbo load. You might want to build a mob spawner there xD

-OPwrecker

Already working on making a double zombie/cave spider spawner farm upstairs - just working in creative on a filtration system since the spawners are only 6 blocks apart and not on their own. Then I might make a farm out of the zombie spawner that's right behind me where I took the screenie. Perhaps I might look into making a creeper farm there. This area is relatively close to spawn, I'm thinking about making public farms.

Brianetta

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 02:49:41 pm »
Is it just me who can't see anything in that picture?

Taeolas

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 05:04:47 pm »
Is it just me who can't see anything in that picture?

Trix are for kids!

If you look downward at it you should see it more clearly. Looking up at the screen makes it very dark. XD

_edo

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 06:03:14 pm »
picture doesn't load for me :-/

ScaryMJDiamcreep

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 01:46:15 pm »
i've got the same issues as edo

Taeolas

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 08:17:17 am »
That's odd... When I get a chance, I'll upload it again and repost I guess. I wanna find a new image hosting site anyway. XD