Author Topic: End Census  (Read 2568 times)

Laddybuck

End Census
« on: July 24, 2017, 05:43:04 am »
Alright, I'm curious. The End is effectively infinite, correct? It'll keep generating islands as long as we keep exploring it? So I'm wondering if anyone has a rough idea of how large it currently is. Anyone have coords from the outer reaches? Once I get some wings, I'm planning a trip and want to know if it would be feasible/cost effective/even vaguely possible to reach unknown islands in the wild blurred yonder.

Skelleton123

Re: End Census
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 10:41:36 am »
All I know is that I have a home set over 30k from the main island.

LucianX09

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 02:09:19 pm »
I'm also curious about this. I would like to eventually have an island setup way out but I was thinking around 50k x 50k out.

William

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 11:02:12 pm »
I think we're talking millions of blocks. People, like myself have explored way past 100,000 blocks in search of end cities. It was reset a while back, though - so it may have shrunk as it was causing blockdata lag issues as a result of it's sheer size. Don't quote me on this, though  :P

- William

uru222

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 12:22:07 am »
I think there can be a better option be found, instead of reseting the end. Because, the need for shulkerboxes and elytras, especially looking at the custom items, is high. In the end we can expect this problem occur regularly, or turn off any big builder or new menber. Solutions like making the dragon drop an elytra or things like that could help attentuate the problem.

Laddybuck

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 06:45:01 am »
Millions, huh? Jeeez. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, the coords clock up pretty fast with wings and rockets.

Still, glad there's other people crazy enough to consider setting roots in the End. Anyone know of builds off the main island?

Aeghu

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 10:17:25 am »
Beyond 50k blocks out it is likely to find unraided endcities, before that you would have to be lucky I think. So going on foot is probably a very long journey. I did 20k on foot once with no luck and decided to gather 200 diamonds and buy an elytra. After that it got a lot easier to find shulkers and elytra.

firsty.blocker

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 02:55:43 am »
I think outer islands should be reset every once in a while, (like 10k away) because killing the dragon is too easy with friends bc everyone has prot 4 and mending and unbreaking and what not. And there should be a limit that when the coords get to 1mil that the far end islands get auto reset (as mentioned above)
sorry, not a very clear post, I'm writing this at night and can't focus

SkillusEclasiusII

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 12:54:05 pm »
I agree that there should be something to allow new players (like myself) access to shulker boxes. resetting outside of 10k blocks is possible, but it is still quite a long way away if you don't have elytra. Killing the ender dragon may not be too difficult with a group, but I think it's still reasonable to let it drop elytra because you can't really get them shulker boxes without an elytra.

KaidenPritchard

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2017, 12:19:51 pm »
Personally I have flown over 200k blocks out

firsty.blocker

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 07:20:41 pm »
But if you think of it, some new players don't have elytras so it's hard for them to even go +-5k blocks into the end