Poll

Do you want to know why the new 1.12 world is coming?

Yes
26 (55.3%)
No
6 (12.8%)
I don't care
15 (31.9%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Why a new 1.12 world?  (Read 5732 times)

Victix11

Re: Why a new 1.12 world?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2017, 04:40:46 pm »
I wouldn't bank on that, the world is likely to be incredibly large in size and could barely be uploaded anywhere, especially not for free. Not sure how big it actually would be, but we had a world download for the old server (unofficial fan server that was around for like 4 years or so before the current server went up ^^) and that download was over 2 gigabytes large, which was already really hard to share. The world was likely less large as there were less players and all, so I wouldn't be surprised if the file is over 10GB :P
So yeah, don't get your hopes up, instead hope the world just won't get shut down at all hehe ^^

LucianX09

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2017, 05:35:30 pm »
I've been here a few weeks max, a new server sounds great honestly. It took me about 2 weeks to settle an area that I didn't immediately come across someone elses builds or tunnels or claims. That said, I recently went out about 60k south of my monument and it was nice and clear of players out there! I plan on doing that same thing on the new server so as to avoid any other players plots or builds. That and I want a mooshroom island with a nearby monument.

dragnrider70

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2017, 08:10:34 pm »
I have a question that I haven't seen answered anywhere, when will the new server go live? Is there a set date yet (a couple more weeks or a couple more months)? When there is a set date, will there be a grand opening ceremony?
And one more question will quest progress be reset?

LilWolfie

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2017, 02:20:08 am »
I have a question that I haven't seen answered anywhere, when will the new server go live? Is there a set date yet (a couple more weeks or a couple more months)?

The mod team is working hard on getting the 1.12 world set up (lots goes into getting everything in place). As soon as the new world opening date is available, there will be announcements galore :)

dragnrider70

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2017, 03:43:44 pm »
Thanks, Wolfie, I'll be sure to keep an eye out.