Poll

Do you want to know why the new 1.12 world is coming?

Yes
26 (55.3%)
No
6 (12.8%)
I don't care
15 (31.9%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Why a new 1.12 world?  (Read 5735 times)

_edo

Why a new 1.12 world?
« on: July 04, 2017, 11:52:51 am »
Ever since the new 1.12 world was announced I’ve heard players wonder again and again why exactly we need a new world, myself included. The new 1.12 world was simply announced but I’ve never heard a clear public answer from Ren or staff to this question: Why?
Also, will we start  all over again every 1-2 years or so? What are the long term plans?
A clear answer from the staff would clear up a lot of uncertainty for many players.

(ps: sure, I’ve heard some reasons in private chats here and there, but I'd rather not forward my 2nd hand and incomplete info to others here)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 06:47:35 pm by _edo »

Skelleton123

Re: Why a new 1.12 world?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 04:06:57 pm »
I've seen people ready to leave for this reason. So I do agree and wish to see a reason put into words.

ten0r

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 05:07:44 pm »
Can we please have another option for "I don't care" or "Does it matter?"  Something to that extent?

Skelleton, I haven't seen/heard that anyone is leaving because a new world is being added.  I've seen a lot regarding Ren's decision to stop his Survival Series, but nothing regarding the server.

_edo

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 07:14:28 pm »
Can we please have another option for "I don't care" or "Does it matter?"  Something to that extent?
I've just made it a yes or no answer and added 'I don't care'.

Skelleton, I haven't seen/heard that anyone is leaving because a new world is being added.  I've seen a lot regarding Ren's decision to stop his Survival Series, but nothing regarding the server.

I have heard about concerns and uncertainty considering the new world. jjminedog's remarks, just today, motivated me to start this thread:
... I'm also a bit concerned that the new survival server they are adding will ultimately replace the existing server. I'm not to sure what the reason is for a second server when the current one only averages 18 - 25 players at a time (not counting the times Ren is on) but I would really hate to see it go away.

ardentcrestmc

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 09:16:52 pm »
I for one cant wait for the new world. A world where villages have not been taken and we can get villagers, A world where the Nether fortresses have not been destroyed and the blaze spawners have not been removed.

"In a brave new world, With just a handful of men. We'll start all over again. I'm not trying to tell you what to be. Oh no, oh no, not me. But if mankind is to survive. The people left alive. They're gonna have to build this world anew
And it's going to have to start with me and you."

And on a side note. PLEASE make a world where there is extra sand. we all are going to use a lot of concrete 

Merged double post
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 12:47:16 pm by Victix11 »

j0n_r4ng

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 12:11:01 am »
I'm fairly sure every reason was stated in the the previous topic on the world, or I've told many people in individual conversations. I don't get in any way all this like freaking out and hostility towards it existing.

To sum it up, Ren said so mainly.

-This world's been through so many stages and things exist from many different times, things not legal now that once were, countless abandoned builds, it's time to take a stride to a new world, where we might have  a much better understanding now than then of how to sustain it.
-new players aren't staying when they join, this world is used and explored and not just join and play friendly 
-many veteran players are burnt out on this world, and left
-the economy is poop, items are super easy to acquire
-This world is old in terms of minecraft server worlds
-Sometimes things just need to be new
-It will be a huge drive to keep new players here who join, and give some new world hype.

I won't sit and argue these points either here, you're welcome to voice your opinions to me privately, but ultimately, this is the reality
There's no need for anyone to have that "first child now jealous that mommy is having a new baby and no one will love them anymore" attitude
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 02:16:19 am by j0n_r4ng »

ardentcrestmc

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 03:46:00 am »
How soon before it is up and running.

jjminedogs

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 06:06:11 am »

I won't sit and argue these points either here, you're welcome to voice your opinions to me privately, but ultimately, this is the reality
There's no need for anyone to have that "first child now jealous that mommy is having a new baby and no one will love them anymore" attitude

J0n, I'm not arguing anything you are saying. I think a lot of people just want to know what is going to happen when the old world is shut down. What happens to the purchases people have made (End Warp cards, gadgets, claim blocks and DCD's)? It would make no sense to have a cross world inventory if the point of the new server is to start fresh. My problem with all of this is it was represented as a second survival server and not a replacement one. When in reality it appears the current server is to be shut down at some point in the not so distance future.

jj

j0n_r4ng

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 11:29:55 am »
I don't understand where this whole shutdown fear is coming from. And I stated the argument thing, not because anyone was,  just so this didn't turn into a thread of everyones opinions on each point and lose its focus

All those purchases are the same across all worlds, you can use the gadgets in the hub, or Mcmmo or survival, same with claim blocks etc.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 11:34:29 am by j0n_r4ng »

ivorysnape

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 12:10:54 pm »
i also want to know where people get off that the current survival we have is going to be shut down not once have i ever seen a staff member say this.
maybe our wording has been wrong but. its not going any where we are simple just added a fresh survival into the server we already have thus giving us 2 to pick from kinda like picking mcmmo world or amp.

Victix11

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 01:24:24 pm »
The old survival world will stay as long as people continue to use it

^ I'll just leave this here.
While it might not directly say "the current world will be shutdown", it does suggest that if enough people make the move to the new world, deserting the old, it might go away at some point. There is not much in permanent writing (forums, discord announcements, etc) about the future of the current world, and nothing that completely debunks what I quoted above. Sure some have said 'the old world won't be reset, it won't go anywhere', but is that the permanent answer or should a 'for now' be added to that. Having two basically identical survival worlds run side by side can easily be seen as redundant and I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one thinking that, even in real life, something abundant will be put aside more and more often to the point it's discarded (you're not going to continue using that janky old phone that barely works when you've got a brand new one :P ).

So a fear for the current world to be replaced by the new one and be shutdown is both natural and has not been debunked by staff with a clear message everyone has ready access to (not something that will be lost in a flood of chat messages in a matter of minutes).

Skelleton123

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 08:12:42 am »
I'm fairly sure every reason was stated in the the previous topic on the world, or I've told many people in individual conversations. I don't get in any way all this like freaking out and hostility towards it existing.

-This world's been through so many stages and things exist from many different times, things not legal now that once were, countless abandoned builds, it's time to take a stride to a new world, where we might have  a much better understanding now than then of how to sustain it.
-new players aren't staying when they join, this world is used and explored and not just join and play friendly 
-It will be a huge drive to keep new players here who join, and give some new world hype.

This is what I was looking for in an answer. And it does compare to what I had in my head.
The reason why we look for a better explanation is to look for motivation to play right now. We are all very excited for the new world and our brains are cooking with new idea's we want to implement. I guess we are looking for reasons to motivate our excitement towards this end :-)

_edo

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 03:58:38 pm »

Thank you j0n for posting these motivations for starting the new world. Even though you say say so, I honestly can't find any list like this anywhere else on this forum.

I hope the new world will become public soon. Can't wait to start new projects again.
Cheers!

Warpedmatrix77

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 09:12:11 pm »
I for one and really excited about the "New World." I was not here at the very beginning of the server, but it was close. I like the idea of being a part of building an entire new world, starting all over again, and still having the option of going back to the old world if people decide to hang out there. I have a few projects that I wanted to build, but now I'm using the time till the new spot is up and running to test those ideas, plan new bases (just tiny little bases, you all know me, nothing too big;) decide on what biome combo I'm looking for, etc.
I do hope that we will be able to have a Mall there like we do in the current world, I am a huge fan of that. I will still be able to go back to my (and other people's) old bases and gain inspiration, check out farm details and designs, etc.
One other thing, a question that I would like to throw out there. The /sethome situation. Is there any way to have a separate set of homes on the new survival world? For example, I have about 50 homes set, named common things like "Home" and "Sand" etc. Will I have to delete all my homes (which would make going back to the old server just way too much work) or will I just have to come up with an entirely new nomenclature for all home that I set in the new place?

...still super excited though!

P.S. - Back in the day Ren used the JSL texture pack. Since he no longer uses that, then the server has also began to drift away from that as well, making many of our builds look really weird in Vanilla textures. Yet another reason I want to start over so I can just stay in vanilla and the builds will all look the way they are intended to look.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:19:52 pm by Warpedmatrix77 »

firsty.blocker

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2017, 03:40:25 pm »
If ,for some reason or another, the current world gets shut down, I would hope that the mods create a world downloads for it.