Author Topic: This is goodbye... maybe.  (Read 3235 times)

FreakSound

This is goodbye... maybe.
« on: July 04, 2017, 06:42:32 am »
Hi, guys and girls.

I know it's sad to see people go, leaving a community like. The fact is, I feel that my time here has ended, but not because of the normal reasons.

When i first joined the site almost 3 years ago, it was to a community where with Rendog at it's head, a community where things happened with Rendog. But lately, I've felt that that's become less and less of what this has turned into. I feel that the cyberdog nation has lost the whole thing that brought people together, being able to talk and play with Rendog. I also feel sad that he's ended up putting his whole channel into Hermitcraft, and while i enjoy hermitcraft, i still want to see him going back to the point where he became big, his Single player series, and I'm not the only one.

There's nothing wrong with him moving up in the world, I just feel that the rest of us are being left behind. I personally have never enjoyed any of his episodes as much as i enjoyed his Single player episodes.

I guess what I'm saying, and i'm sure i'm saying this for more than myself, is that I don't feel like i can be part of this community if the whole reason i came here is irrelevant.

I will keep watching, and if things change, I'll return. But until that time... who knows what will happen.

So, thank you all and i hope i see you in the future. If not, then this is goodbye.

FreakSound.

P.S. I'll still jump on the server though, I've got builds there i want to finish. :)

jjminedogs

Re: This is goodbye... maybe.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 06:53:35 am »
Sorry to see ya go Freak. I agree that things have changed and I also miss the single player series. There is only a handful of original players still on the server and I think a lot of the newer players only know Ren for his Hermitcraft videos. Ren is doing what is best for him and at this time it seems to be Hermitcraft. I'm also a bit concerned that the new survival server they are adding will ultimately replace the existing server. I'm not to sure what the reason is for a second server when the current one only averages 18 - 25 players at a time (not counting the times Ren is on) but I would really hate to see it go away.  I haven't given up hope that someday Ren will return to the single player series. Best wishes and hope to see you again soon.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 07:24:38 am by jjminedogs »

Skelleton123

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 04:03:43 pm »
I know I haven't been here long. But it's always sad to see people go and leave a community.

I've been part of some smaller YT'rs communities before I joined this one. And it was always the same story being told over and over again. At first, there's only a few of us there, close to the Yt'er, able to play and interact with them on a weekly if not daily basis. But over time they gain more and more viewers. And a lot of those viewers join there servers if they don't have them for patreons or twitch subs exclusively. Over time the YT'er just doesn't have the time to connect with his first fanbase and joining a server where 80 people are yelling at you, asking you questions isn't that fun and easy to handle. They loose interest and so do there fans from the first hour. It's sad to see it happen. But it's bound to happen. The only thing we as players can do is ask for more interactions (politely). Be it through base/server tours or just by demanding other series besides hermitcraft.

The request for a new world apparently came from Ren himself. Probably because there has been an increase in new players and with the launch of 1.12
A new server or server reset isn't that bad after all. It gives the players that were not there for the start of the previous server to have a hand in shaping it. Also, a lot of buildings on the current server have been built by people who abandoned the server since. Which makes the area's around spawn look like ghost towns at times. Giving the opportunity on a new server, new towns, new creations and new ideas can be worked out easier. Also this gives Ren a good excuse to organise a server stream event when they launch the new server.

GL on finishing those builds. And hopefully we all can try and convince you not to leave Dogcraft behind forever!

-Skelly

goldminer177

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 01:17:58 am »
no don't go freak!!!  :'(

j0n_r4ng

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 04:46:49 am »
I know I haven't been here long. But it's always sad to see people go and leave a community.

I've been part of some smaller YT'rs communities before I joined this one. And it was always the same story being told over and over again. At first, there's only a few of us there, close to the Yt'er, able to play and interact with them on a weekly if not daily basis. But over time they gain more and more viewers. And a lot of those viewers join there servers if they don't have them for patreons or twitch subs exclusively. Over time the YT'er just doesn't have the time to connect with his first fanbase and joining a server where 80 people are yelling at you, asking you questions isn't that fun and easy to handle. They loose interest and so do there fans from the first hour. It's sad to see it happen. But it's bound to happen. The only thing we as players can do is ask for more interactions (politely). Be it through base/server tours or just by demanding other series besides hermitcraft.

The request for a new world apparently came from Ren himself. Probably because there has been an increase in new players and with the launch of 1.12
A new server or server reset isn't that bad after all. It gives the players that were not there for the start of the previous server to have a hand in shaping it. Also, a lot of buildings on the current server have been built by people who abandoned the server since. Which makes the area's around spawn look like ghost towns at times. Giving the opportunity on a new server, new towns, new creations and new ideas can be worked out easier. Also this gives Ren a good excuse to organise a server stream event when they launch the new server.

GL on finishing those builds. And hopefully we all can try and convince you not to leave Dogcraft behind forever!

-Skelly

This. A+

Droidology

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 07:58:31 am »
I watched some of Ren's vids from his sp world, however I am new to the Rendog/cyberdawg community. I have only ever seen Ren online once, and it would be cool if he did maybe 2 hermitcraft vids (as I love these), 1 foolcraft vid, 2 singleplayer vids and 1 Dogcraft server LP each week (giving him a day off each week). I want Ren to hang out with us because we all like him and want to show our support to him. Ultimately it is his choice, but I want to see him on the server that he invested so much time into.

I hope that you can feel like coming back, and good luck for the future.

Limo

P.S. I understand how you feel, but I love the server as well (like you do).

will_d601

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 06:24:16 pm »
Yes, well I think that in some way, ReNDoG needs to keep up with hermitcraft. A lot of people watch him now, and he owes it to Hermitcraft. He wouldn't have the subs he has if it wasn't for hermitcraft. But he is no longer a small YouTuber and he needs to do what the majority wants. Not just what he wants.

legowar1508

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 07:23:53 pm »
It's always sad to see people leave ;( have fun in future minecraft endeavors