Author Topic: A thought about claims....  (Read 3064 times)

TerTerFooFoo

A thought about claims....
« on: June 04, 2017, 03:26:03 am »
I think we should have a way to possibly share unused claim blocks. For example, I have a TON of claimblocks that, for the foreseeable future, I have no plans for. There may be a new person that needs claim blocks for a build, that cannot afford to buy them and does not have enough banked up. I think it would be awesome to be able to share some of mine with them, since I am not using them. To be fair, make it unsellable, put some sort of cap on it, and maybe make it like some sort of pool, so that nobody knows who it is given too, so there is no favoritism. Just some thoughts.
Anyone?

_edo

Re: A thought about claims....
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 10:29:41 pm »
Somehow I think this would go against one of the basic ideas of having claims on a server. The primary reason is of course to protect builds from being briefed, but having limited claim blocks when starting on this server prevents new players from instantly conjuring up giant project plans and claiming all the land for it without putting in any effort.

Btw: If you really want to help a new player with your claim blocks, you could claim some land for them (in your name) and grant them /permissiontrust (or was it /permissionstrust ?) so they can use it how they please.

Btw2: Griefing is also not allowed on unclaimed builds. So a new player can still build a large project without yet being able to claim it all.

Droidology

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 02:35:04 am »
Somehow I think this would go against one of the basic ideas of having claims on a server. The primary reason is of course to protect builds from being briefed, but having limited claim blocks when starting on this server prevents new players from instantly conjuring up giant project plans and claiming all the land for it without putting in any effort.

Btw: If you really want to help a new player with your claim blocks, you could claim some land for them (in your name) and grant them /permissiontrust (or was it /permissionstrust ?) so they can use it how they please.

Btw2: Griefing is also not allowed on unclaimed builds. So a new player can still build a large project without yet being able to claim it all.

Just saying, while griefing is not allowed on unclaimed builds, that doesn't mean that people won't do it. Claiming land is the way to go - because there is no way around it, so griefers can't grief players' builds if they are claimed. Just having the rule "no griefing on unclaimed builds" doesn't mean that it won't happen. Most people won't go to the trouble of hacking servers, so claiming land is the best way to combat griefers.
I think that we should have this feature, but only for a limited amount of claim blocks, and a one-time purchase.

-Limo

darparniox

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 08:02:07 am »
Perhaps there could be a system for applying for claim blocks involving a semi-new player with a large build that is already built (so that we don't have large areas of terrain claimed for planned but never finished builds from a player that played for a week). But, this might take too much time to be worth it on the mods side, who'd presumably be giving out these blocks.

darkdrake87

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 03:27:30 pm »
I know on another server I played on, the claim plugin being used on DogCraft said something about subletting your claim?  I'm not entirely sure how that works, but I know in real estate, subletting is exactly what TerTer is talking about?  Maybe someone who knows more about the plugin could chime in here and give us a bit better understanding of things?

On my old server (since shut down), this subletting apparently allowed a Town Mayor to claim all the blocks for the town, and then give the town residents full permissions and trust for their section of the massive claim.  This was also the easiest way to become a Town Mayor on that server.