Author Topic: Redstone! :D  (Read 8728 times)

2lesslives.

Redstone! :D
« on: March 31, 2017, 10:05:57 pm »
So, as the title suggests, I'm opening my redstone post again! Post any challenges here for me ^^ Be sure to join my redstone discord if you want to see the world saves, of course, this is optional...

If you had previously posted a challenge for me, please may you repost it? Because due to the data lose I may have forgotten  ;)

May I become the redstone master ;P

~ 2less :)

peterpaul1991

Re: Redstone! :D
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 09:52:02 am »
Maybe a nice idea to try the hidden stairs concept.

Basic idea is you have a 3 width by 4 high stairs. It should remove 2 or 3 of the middle stairs and swap them with downwards heading stairs. Because i want to go down instead of straight forward.

Tjwilliams

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 10:11:53 am »
You should try a Iliger animal farm :)

-Tj-

2lesslives.

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 10:20:20 am »
That's an interesting idea Peter... We'll see how I manage ;)
And Tj, thanks for the idea., only problem is, I don't know what a lliger animal farm is haha

peterpaul1991

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 11:18:13 am »
There are 2 mobs that are illigers.

The Vindicator (also know as Johnny):

And the Evoker

Good luck with the info 2less

2lesslives.

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 11:39:38 am »
Thanks Peter! Although I didn't actually know that you could farm them! xD Research time haha

DangerKnerd

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 12:17:44 pm »
Thanks Peter! Although I didn't actually know that you could farm them! xD Research time haha

You can't farm Illigers. A "Johnny farm" is an over complicated Animal farm where you rename a Vindicator Johnny. A Vindicator named Johnny will attack everything is sight, players, hostile mobs, passive mobs, everything. It's highly inefficient as it won't drop cooked meat from chickens or cows ect.
However, i don't know if you can give him a looting axe or looting sword, and increase the output of the farm that way.

peterpaul1991

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 12:30:33 pm »
It's highly inefficient as it won't drop cooked meat from chickens or cows ect.

It would be fun to watch. Like creating an arena with a vindicator and a couple of mobs :p

However, i don't know if you can give him a looting axe or looting sword, and increase the output of the farm that way.

Don't know if that works. I think it only equips an Axe and on survival you can't create a looting axe.

2lesslives.

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 03:20:14 pm »
"Don't know if that works. I think it only equips an Axe and on survival you can't create a looting axe."

You can make a Fire Aspect axe though can't you?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 03:25:47 pm by 2lesslives. »

peterpaul1991

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 03:24:32 pm »
According to http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Enchanting#Summary_of_enchantments its not possible to put fire aspect on it

2lesslives.

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2017, 03:26:35 pm »
Oh. I could've sworn that you could haha oh well, thanks for letting me know! :)

~ 2less :=)

Kijushi

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2017, 07:00:32 pm »
A three by three platofrm that can move vertically for at least two blocks.

2lesslives.

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 08:33:42 pm »
That's really easy... 3x3 platform with slimeblocks under then a double piston extender

Brianetta

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2017, 11:20:23 pm »
That's really easy... 3x3 platform with slimeblocks under then a double piston extender
You can only move twelve blocks at a time, can't you?

DangerKnerd

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 06:35:21 am »
You can only move twelve blocks at a time, can't you?
A 3x3 platform with the middle block beeing a slimeblock. Alternatively, you'll have to make it out of sand, then have 3 1x3 rows of double pistons at 3 diffrent hights below the platform.

"Don't know if that works. I think it only equips an Axe and on survival you can't create a looting axe."

You can make a Fire Aspect axe though can't you?
Maybe an axe with Fortune III