Author Topic: New 1.12 Server Spawn  (Read 5385 times)

Rustbite

New 1.12 Server Spawn
« on: June 02, 2017, 12:12:48 am »
Hey Cybernation

This is your chance to help us with the creation of the new spawn. a team of builders have already started and we are looking for ideas of what to include that we may have over looked. Please place your ideas in this thread or PM them directly to myself or Jon. and we will see if it is something we can accommodate.

Cheers Server Staff

FreakSound

Re: New 1.12 Server Spawn
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 01:28:14 am »
I just want to make sure I've got this straight, and i hope it's ok that i do this here.
So, what your saying is that current world will remain and be accessible, but you'll create a new seperate 1.12 world. Is that right?

Rustbite

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 02:29:48 am »
yes that is correct

coley.logan-jr

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 03:52:58 am »
When you finally decide to shut down the old server will there be a world download?

Rustbite

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 03:59:50 am »
yes of course there will be a world download as we realize that there has been a lot time and effort put in the server and will make sure it is available for everyone that wants it

jjminedogs

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 04:36:49 am »
Will DCD and claim blocks work between both worlds or will the new survival be a complete start over?

Rustbite

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 05:32:54 am »
to my knowledge i think DCD will be carried over and your balance will be the same on both servers if you want to play on both i think claim blocks on the second server will be restarted as at this stage we have not discussed if we can or cant so that answer is subject to change.

but my view on it would be to start again the only reason is someone who never plans to on the old server can unclaim everything and then use that to their advantage we want the new server to be a fresh one for everyone new and veteran players.

Alexcat03

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 05:38:49 am »
Will the quests be different between the servers

Rustbite

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 05:42:52 am »
both quests books will be the same if they are linked or not is a different story as that's something we'll have to look into and when i say we i mean Matti and Iron

Brianetta

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2017, 03:11:47 pm »
Spawn will need a railway station, with a path outwards in four directions for tracks.

clangedinn

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2017, 03:20:11 pm »
A railway station, a nether hub to link up to,  I saw elsewhere there will be no public farms so that is out.  Is this just going to be a pretty area that we start in or is there plans to place another mall or say player useful items like enchanting tables and nether protals etc?  Other than the look, what else are you looking to place in spawn? Is to be a social hub, again a place to just start that looks pretty, or will it have uses?

If i was to offer what i would like to see in a spawn area, small public farms to get started with, a branch off area for shopping, newbie hall where folks can donate extra equipment,  another molemart as that is what truly got me started on the current server, enchanting area even if it is not setup for top level enchants.  Umm possibly a stables, a simple mob farm.  Most of this would take away from the experience of going out and doing it yourself but it also gives a central hub for such things.  If it is to be a social area and not a functional area that i would make it as pretty as possible and give a forum type area for folks to gather and be social.  Not knowing exactly what the purpose of what spawn is to be used for makes it a little more difficult to give ideas on what we would like to see there :)

Brianetta

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2017, 03:25:02 pm »
Personally, I'm a huge fan of a server's spawn being a place that showcases the community and its builds, but which only gives the player a single advantage: Getting out of Spawn.

The early game is the most fun for me, so give-aways of armour and food, enchanting facilities and shopping just don't interest me. Players can provide those things themselves, elsewhere, if they want to.

There's little enough challenge in the early game on most servers, with no real danger from fire or creepers, and the ability to warp and teleport around making it so much easier. Handing new players a bunch of things just to give them a leg up as soon as they join the server just serves to further reduce the challenge.

clangedinn

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2017, 03:35:46 pm »
Brianetta has a great point as well :)

_edo

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2017, 09:44:30 pm »
"Hear, hear!" to all you said, Brain.
and the ability to warp and teleport around making it so much easier.
^^ makes me wonder: Will abilities bought in dc shop for the old world also be transferred to the new world? Like multiple /homes, more then 2 shop chests, end farm access, trails, other particle fun stuff, etc?

If that's still up for debate, I'd say they'd have to be re-bought, so new and veteran players all start with the same basic situation. (except that veterans prolly already have dcds to buy those... :-\)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 09:49:05 pm by _edo »

therealkid2369

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2017, 12:00:31 am »
What about purchased claim blocks will those only be on the old server or will each server get the purchased claim

blocks? Also setting multiple homes, say you have two home and you set one in the old world and one in the new will

that take up both homes or one for each world. I suggest in the spawn adding mini games and tournament arenas

etc.