Author Topic: New 1.12 Server and Old server  (Read 10131 times)

Droidology

Re: New 1.12 Server and Old server
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2017, 02:55:52 am »
I think that the mineatlas would be good as we can find a specific biome that we want, or maybe find a seed generator - for example, say if 5 of us want a mushroom/mooshroom biome, and 10 of us want an extreme hills biome, we do a poll and we choose a seed based on these requests. Sorry if this isn't possible but this is just my #twocents.

William

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2017, 05:43:00 pm »
Yeah, there's obviously gonna be a big desire of many players to have some kind of map, even just a one-off, but...
Any player can make a large map with in-game maps; make screenshots of the in-game maps; stitch em together in some image editor. It would actually be a rather nice public service project! A small team of players traveling all over the lands, making maps, collecting them, working together.

So, we're not dependent on admins/mods/staff to provide us with a map. Anyone in the community can step up and do it! :D

(tbh, it's actually one of the first things I'd like to do in the new world, as part of the Ministry of Transportation :P.   Yeah, you heard it here first ;-))

That sounds really fun :P I wonder, what will the rail network be called from the Ministry of Transportation? Super SRN?
New SRN? SRN+? SRNDX? SRN & Knuckles? ;)

Seriously though, I am looking forward to this. It will be nice to get a fresh start, though I do hope our purchases will carry over as I dont really think it'd be very fun to do the grind to get all the stuff again.
I second this! I'd love some roleplay on the server as well. A ministry of Transportation is a good start. There could be a Ministry of Township as well, recognizing towns, and these towns could then apply to be connected to the transportation network etc... I'm getting really excited!
Ministry of Township you say? I'd definitely get into that ;)

Redims89

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2017, 10:52:31 pm »
Can there be some sort of auto food farm for the beginners? Perhaps an auto cooked chicken  farm?

Brianetta

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2017, 01:51:03 am »
Can there be some sort of auto food farm for the beginners? Perhaps an auto cooked chicken  farm?
I don't think the early game is really so difficult that we need to provide new players with food, surely?

Redims89

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2017, 04:35:00 am »
My thinking is, a lot of people play on this server. Some will want to venture far out to finds specific bioms.I think it would help out and help avoid unnecessary clutter in the world.

Rustbite

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2017, 07:23:55 am »
The format of the spawn will be as follows
- The only Farm that there will be available to the public is Wheat. (this is in the hope to stop the current mods having to spend time replanting them or checking them all the time)
- There will be a beginners market near spawn and in each district (it will have your basic equipment and things to help with the start of minecraft)
- Plots will be available for a once of purchase and will stay forever unless it is deemed inappropriate (One Plot Per Member)
- In these plots there are no shops allowed that is what the mall is for.
- Their will be a Railway network and nether transport system built into spawn
- The End Portal will now be located in the spawn

Some of the suggestions in this post are Excellent but with the current way we run the servers and amount of staff available and with the long term plan of the server/s it just wouldn't be practical.

anymore suggestions for the new spawn please contact myself or Jon

Thanks Server Head Staff
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 07:26:31 am by Rustbite »

Skelleton123

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2017, 03:07:13 pm »
Rustbite,

Just a question. The Railway and NTN, will it be left to be maintained by the group who is maintaining it right now?

-Skelleton123

yurideridder

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2017, 11:56:41 am »
There is one part i don't get mods, will only the new server be updated to 1.12 or also the old server?

HenryCGk

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2017, 01:05:43 pm »
Both will be updated
but the new one will be full of newey emptiness

Rustbite

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2017, 03:53:48 am »
Rustbite,

Just a question. The Railway and NTN, will it be left to be maintained by the group who is maintaining it right now?

-Skelleton123

Yes it will be built and maintained by Edo, Brian and Darp's team

Skelleton123

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2017, 04:19:31 pm »
Thnx Rustbite for the update :)

Budy8760_Gaming

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2017, 02:47:29 pm »
Here are my suggestions, Scence the 1.12 update has been called the "World Of Color" Update, the Spawning are needs to be very bright and colorful. Ill work on an example in my own world, and then send you guys a screen shot, but it needs to showcase all the new blocks and color's, as well as giving new players a chance to see tutorials on how the game is played, and where everything can be found. Heck, it can even have a zoo with every animal in the game and where to find them. Just a thought XD
                                                                                                                 ~~Budy8760_Gaming

Attila

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2017, 07:30:34 pm »
I'd just like to echo the posts here on getting some sort of larger map (whether it be a dynmap, biome map, or otherwise) for use in a new SRN map or for other projects. It can be a one-off for all I'm concerned, if that means it can happen.

Yeah, there's obviously gonna be a big desire of many players to have some kind of map, even just a one-off, but...
Any player can make a large map with in-game maps; make screenshots of the in-game maps; stitch em together in some image editor. It would actually be a rather nice public service project! A small team of players traveling all over the lands, making maps, collecting them, working together.

So, we're not dependent on admins/mods/staff to provide us with a map. Anyone in the community can step up and do it! :D

(tbh, it's actually one of the first things I'd like to do in the new world, as part of the Ministry of Transportation :P.   Yeah, you heard it here first ;-))

I was sort of thinking of doing a gigantic map room some where in the new world. . . maybe at spawn. So I could help you if you want it.

Skelleton123

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2017, 10:28:23 am »
Are there any spoilers/pictures staff can post to tease a bit of the new spawn? Kinda like a 'trailer' so we get even more exited for the new world :)

mehworld

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2017, 05:30:44 pm »
Hey guys, just wondering if when the 1.11 server is being shut down we could have an anarchy week. So basically all spawn protection/ claims off and just kill people and blow stuf up.
Sorry if it sounds to crazy.

Thanks for reading.