Author Topic: New 1.12 Server and Old server  (Read 10128 times)

_edo

Re: New 1.12 Server and Old server
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 09:30:07 pm »
Could we be enlighted on why this start of a new world is done? I've heard of some changes and can think of some reasons myself, but I'm curious what the real motive is.
Thanks.

I'm also curious if there are plans for a dynmap, old world download (answered elsewhere. short answer: yes) and limited world size.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 09:53:59 pm by _edo »

Rustbite

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2017, 02:02:50 am »
ok some good questions and i'll try to answer all of them

- World size will be at Matti and Iron's discretion as they know what the hardware can handle so unsure of the size planned

- All seeds Used By Dogcraft will always be kept secret

- In regards to purchases i will only assume as we haven't discussed it but there are 2 options 1) Purchases will be same on both servers or 2) a seperate shop for each server (so you buy an item for a specific world)

- The New world was requested by Ren as a beginning of a new era of his Nation we have a lot of new player and some veterans which would enjoy a fresh start so Ren asked us to make it happen

I hope i didn't miss anyone if i did don't hesitate to PM me.

Thanks Server Head Staff

HenryCGk

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2017, 06:28:29 am »
could we have a Biome map? like

or mine atlas may look nicer

To give us a basic seance of the land is with out reviling seed or village/temples/smiles etc.
I'd like out to at least 5k in each direction from spawn and a spawn marker
I put the grid on but I'm not sure weather you would want to

This would have the function currently taken by the SRN map

Brianetta

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2017, 08:49:15 am »
Seconded. If one of the admins with access to the seed could produce a large scale map image, the SRN team would be grateful to have it.

darkdrake87

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2017, 09:10:03 am »
And since I'm thinking about officially joining up with the SRN/NTN team when the new server becomes a thing, I can third that suggestion.

Gotta say, I'm looking forward to seeing how many people try to duplicate the Plastic Freaking Fantastic from this season.  Though I much prefer Ren's side with the Netherboard.  Looks amazing, and very meta.

Droidology

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2017, 09:24:11 am »
A parkour course would be nice, as well as a little pvp dungeon!

Skelleton123

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2017, 11:02:15 am »
Ok, as I'm fairly new to the Nation I want to make a small introduction of my "minecraft carreer" so far.

I've been moderator, admin and technician on several servers before I joined the nation (all of which closed down due to financial reasons sadly enough). I've build multiple server spawns and server hubs. Please keep this in mind while reading the list below :)

Needed for a new spawn:

* Train stations with at least 4 lines already build up to the edge of server spawn area (so we can build around the track instead of laying the track around the already build plots.
* Metro/subway around spawntown, build it in advance! So people can get around spawn quickly.
* Multiple Beacons giving haste/jumpboost and regeneration!
* A nether hub ready for a new NTN to be layed out. If possible with some portals already connected up (NESW) so people can fast travel away from spawn at the start if they wish to.
* Basic farms (Wood & Food) I would not make spawn farms for stuff like sugarcane/cactus etc (these items could become more valuable if players need to trade for them in stead of it being just available for free, think about the server economy)
* "TownHall" where people can read up on the rules (I don't think I actually need to put this here)
* Shop plots incorporated in the spawntown (if possible) The "mall" right now is fun, but having plots in the spawn town is way more interesting and it makes people travel back later when the server progresses. Also put some sort of "rent" on those shop plots, so when people go inactive for x-amount of time their balance runs out and their plot becomes available for a new player to take it over. (Just ideas, discuss them ;) )
* Residential plots at spawn (same as shop plots, but just for people to live in spawn. Make them expensive) If not, dedicate area's where people can build, so it's not a chaos of buildings.
* A temple dedicated to Ren and uRenium. (Sacrificing uRenium could grand people dogbones or something...)
* A Wall! Spawn needs to be walled of so it is clear where the city ends (or at least the city center)
* Make a "protected area" of around 500 blocks outside the spawntown border where none can build, to preserve the landscape. Only server certified builders could make construction there after discussing them.

I'll post more when I think about them :)

Kr
Skelly

RiverPlasmaHero

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2017, 01:16:22 pm »
I think that is a fantastic idea to do a new world and keep the old world going as well! I think I will probably end up playing on both worlds. For the hub, maybe we could do the big city type of theme that Ren started in hermitpack but never got to finish? Or maybe we could go for like a plastic fantastic theme? I'm just tossing out ideas now, do you already have a theme for the hub, and how do I sign up for helping on the new hub?
Thanks!!!  :D

IckleKoo

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2017, 07:36:21 pm »
I'm really looking forward to the new 1.12 world   :D

I know that 1.12 is supposed to be released on Wednesday but is there any idea on how long it will be after that for the new 1.12 world to be available?

Also will there be a shopping mall in the new world? I think I am becoming a minecraft shopaholic   :o ;)

Victix11

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2017, 07:44:36 pm »
I'll just leave this answer from the oh so amazing FAQ on the site here ;) hint hint :P

When is the Server being updated to the latest version?
A new version of Minecraft is out? Awesome! When will the Server update? Unfortunately, updating a Server isn't as easy as updating your Minecraft client; a lot more goes into it than meets the eye. Most Minecraft Servers, including ours, use a lot of plugins to make the Server room the way it does. All of these need to be updated to work with the most recent version of Minecraft. Some of those are under our control, but for most plugins we need to wait for the developers to release a new version. These new versions all need to be stable and bug-free. After that they all need to be installed and tested on the Server to make sure everything works as it should, this takes a lot of time and effort. All in all, we can't tell exactly when the Server will be updated, but we try our best to get it done as fast as possible, but most importantly as smoothly as possible. Please be patient and keep an eye out on the News page and Discord for any information!

Brianetta

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2017, 08:20:06 pm »
That FAQ is wrong on one point. It's not necessary for all plugins to be updated to work with new versions, and many of them won't have new versions just because there's a new version of Minecraft.

None of the plugins I've written need to be updated, and so they won't have new versions (I should point out that I don't believe any of my plugins are running on Dogcraft). I've actually had to explain to server administrators (on other servers) that the plugin they have is fine, that they don't need to pester me for an update when literally all I'd be doing is bumping up the version number.

IckleKoo

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2017, 06:30:43 am »
I'll just leave this answer from the oh so amazing FAQ on the site here ;) hint hint :P

When is the Server being updated to the latest version?
A new version of Minecraft is out? Awesome! When will the Server update? Unfortunately, updating a Server isn't as easy as updating your Minecraft client; a lot more goes into it than meets the eye. Most Minecraft Servers, including ours, use a lot of plugins to make the Server room the way it does. All of these need to be updated to work with the most recent version of Minecraft. Some of those are under our control, but for most plugins we need to wait for the developers to release a new version. These new versions all need to be stable and bug-free. After that they all need to be installed and tested on the Server to make sure everything works as it should, this takes a lot of time and effort. All in all, we can't tell exactly when the Server will be updated, but we try our best to get it done as fast as possible, but most importantly as smoothly as possible. Please be patient and keep an eye out on the News page and Discord for any information!

Oops, sorry I missed that  :-[

darparniox

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 07:14:51 am »
I'd just like to echo the posts here on getting some sort of larger map (whether it be a dynmap, biome map, or otherwise) for use in a new SRN map or for other projects. It can be a one-off for all I'm concerned, if that means it can happen.

_edo

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2017, 07:07:06 pm »
I'd just like to echo the posts here on getting some sort of larger map (whether it be a dynmap, biome map, or otherwise) for use in a new SRN map or for other projects. It can be a one-off for all I'm concerned, if that means it can happen.

Yeah, there's obviously gonna be a big desire of many players to have some kind of map, even just a one-off, but...
Any player can make a large map with in-game maps; make screenshots of the in-game maps; stitch em together in some image editor. It would actually be a rather nice public service project! A small team of players traveling all over the lands, making maps, collecting them, working together.

So, we're not dependent on admins/mods/staff to provide us with a map. Anyone in the community can step up and do it! :D

(tbh, it's actually one of the first things I'd like to do in the new world, as part of the Ministry of Transportation :P.   Yeah, you heard it here first ;-))

Skelleton123

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2017, 07:48:00 pm »

Yeah, there's obviously gonna be a big desire of many players to have some kind of map, even just a one-off, but...
Any player can make a large map with in-game maps; make screenshots of the in-game maps; stitch em together in some image editor. It would actually be a rather nice public service project! A small team of players traveling all over the lands, making maps, collecting them, working together.

So, we're not dependent on admins/mods/staff to provide us with a map. Anyone in the community can step up and do it! :D

(tbh, it's actually one of the first things I'd like to do in the new world, as part of the Ministry of Transportation :P.   Yeah, you heard it here first ;-))

I second this! I'd love some roleplay on the server as well. A ministry of Transportation is a good start. There could be a Ministry of Township as well, recognizing towns, and these towns could then apply to be connected to the transportation network etc... I'm getting really excited!