Author Topic: New 1.12 Server and Old server  (Read 10117 times)

Rustbite

New 1.12 Server and Old server
« on: June 02, 2017, 12:05:19 am »
We have heard your concerns over the future of the server in 1.12, we want you guys to rest easy. The server will not be reset, we are simply upgrading it to 1.12 and making a new world within this server to start fresh for 1.12, this means a new spawn for that world, so give us suggestions of what you'd like to see in that spawn! The old survival world will stay as long as people continue to use it

Thanks Server Staff

Medaboss88

Re: New 1.12 Server and Old server
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 01:41:44 am »
I think we need an elytra course around the whole spawn so people can fly through it and enjoy the view on new spawn :D

QuicksilverFox85

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 02:04:53 am »
We have heard your concerns over the future of the server in 1.12, we want you guys to rest easy. The server will not be reset, we are simply upgrading it to 1.12 and making a new world within this server to start fresh for 1.12, this means a new spawn for that world, so give us suggestions of what you'd like to see in that spawn! The old survival world will stay as long as people continue to use it

Thanks Server Staff

So...just to make sure that I'm following that right, there would be the current survival world as well as a fresh survival world as two different portals in the hub, and the whole shebang would get the 1.12 update.  About right?

tyler.cox

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 02:24:20 am »
Might I make a suggestion? If granted Creative, even for a short period of time (unless you would rather I attempt this is survival which is fine), I can build several fairly decent automatic farms. Farms that can at least provide a starting point for newbie Miners to grab materials such as Wood, Sugarcane, Pumpkins, and Melons.

We should also continue to provide Public Farms such as a Wheat, Beet, Carrots, and Potatoes. So that people can grab what they need and run from there.

Rustbite

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 02:27:16 am »
Might I make a suggestion? If granted Creative, even for a short period of time (unless you would rather I attempt this is survival which is fine), I can build several fairly decent automatic farms. Farms that can at least provide a starting point for newbie Miners to grab materials such as Wood, Sugarcane, Pumpkins, and Melons.

We should also continue to provide Public Farms such as a Wheat, Beet, Carrots, and Potatoes. So that people can grab what they need and run from there.

There will be no automatic farms in the new spawn for maintenance reasons.

Rustbite

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 02:28:22 am »

Thanks Server Staff

So...just to make sure that I'm following that right, there would be the current survival world as well as a fresh survival world as two different portals in the hub, and the whole shebang would get the 1.12 update.  About right?

Yes that is correct

SimonDog

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 04:28:24 am »
Will we be able to move our items over?  (If it was mentioned before ^^ sry ^_^)

Rustbite

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 05:28:55 am »
no the server will be new the only thing is that your DCD balance will be the same as it is on the old one as currency will be unerversal between servers

jjminedogs

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 06:06:10 am »
One more question.. If you purchase items in the shop how will it know what world to let you use them in?

Klabauterman

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2017, 06:33:06 am »
Hi

is there any date scheduled for the 1.12 roll out ?

I just started playing on Dogcraft and I am still not well sattled in 1.11

So make it sense to wait just for the 1.12 roll out or should I stay in 1.11 Oo

regards

Rustbite

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2017, 07:47:20 am »
there is no plan as we have to wait for all the current plugins we use to update before we roll over to 1.12

Klabauterman

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2017, 09:02:07 am »
there is no plan as we have to wait for all the current plugins we use to update before we roll over to 1.12

Many thx for your quick reply!

Looking forward for 1.12 !
Many thx for all your work !

regards

William

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2017, 09:07:18 am »
Hey. I am actually quite looking forward to this, though I still have my concerns. Anyway, here's some ideas :) :

Could you return the Dynmap? I know it causes storage issues but it is really, really useful. What you could do is have a world border to limit how far we could travel. We dont really need a 30,000,000x30,000,000 world to play with and the issues that come with it like the Woodland Mansion Items (or lack thereof) could be solved in a similar way the Nether Glowstone/Quartz shortage is with the mobs respawning and keeping to drop those items rarely. The size could be maybe 50,000x50,000. Not sure though :). Also, I don't really know what will happen to the Hermitron. Will there be a new Hermitron Hall? Or will the idea be dropped completely?

Anyway, I look forward to see where this goes. It will be nice to have a new challenge, albeit a bit sad to see our current world fade away. It's time to finish off my projects :). If the world does stop being hosted, a world download would be appreciated (though it would probobally be a massive download size)

Thanks,
Willliam

Klabauterman

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2017, 09:18:24 am »
+1  A Map / seed would be pretty helpful!

can't wait !  :D

crlow

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2017, 01:47:26 pm »
Will the seed be kept secret like it is now? I feel like releasing the seed would be a bad idea.