Author Topic: A Server Price Chart?  (Read 5933 times)

j0n_r4ng

Re: A Server Price Chart?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2017, 08:39:27 pm »
I'm just going to throw my 2 cents in here, in regards to a few things talked about here.

Firstly, in the creation of a price guide, what factors are you taking into place and where are the numbers coming from? Are we just going buy the average price you see on shops, are current stock and of these shops taken into consideration? I kinda look at this differently a bit, blaze rods for example, you have up there 1-2 dcd, but is that realistic to what people actually would pay for them? I'm looking at this from the view of what people, not all, are willing to spend. Yea blaze rods sell at  1-2 dcd all day, but I've sold and purchased recently chests of blaze rods for 4-6 dcd a piece. That's just an example.

As for server shops for selling items to and buy items from outside the Golden shovel shops we currently provide, I'm in no way for adding any sort of shop. I'm not a fan of bringing items or currency into the game that shouldn't exist in the world. There's far more than enough players to acquire and provide resources someone may need, and the existence existence of server shops would ultimately put a set value onto things, and in a way remove a bit of the need for playing the actual game. Maybe a bit extreme statements on my part, but still partly facts. If players constantly buy from the server, no dcd would flow between players, making purchases from the server site shop more impossible to acquire that they already are in the "I sell it cheaper than you" market that's been created on here already.

jjminedogs

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2017, 09:09:02 pm »
A few thoughts... I don't really understand what is meant by a price guide. Is it a reference for players or would it be a rule governing what an item could be sold for? If it is a rule how would that be enforced? I think that being able to sell your items to the server would severely devalue the DCD. As it stands now to get DCD's you either buy them, become a patreon or set up a shop at the mall. If you can sell items to the server you could make several hundred DCD's per hour just cutting down trees or mining cobble.

j0n_r4ng

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2017, 10:46:15 pm »
I view it as a general number that someone claims an item is worth, which in turn then becomes the set number people apply to the item. Once there's a chart or something stating what items are "worth" that's the number people will go by regardless of its accurate or not.

firsty.blocker

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2017, 11:22:13 pm »
Shulker Boxes: ~ $950-$1100
Creeper Heads (from CHARGED creepers) ~ $4500
Diamonds: ~ $95-$110 (some do them for $60, but they are all sold out)
Mending Books: ~ $1000
Blaze Rods: ~ $1-$2
Planks: ~ $1/plank OR $1/log

I will add more stuff to this list soon!

-Limo

naw, planks for $1 is just dumb
usually it's a log for $1
and mending is ~$850
diamonds are 80-110

Droidology

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 06:40:42 am »
The point is that it won't make people  stop going to shops because the SERVER shop (which has every item) would have prices maybe 3 times the average price it is sold for by members of the server, so people will only use it if they can't find anyone who is selling the item they need. It seriously won't, Won't, WON'T ruin the multi-player economy.

Brianetta

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2017, 07:28:02 am »
It won't ruin it, but it will radically change it. In the case where a server shop style an item for three times is average price, you can bet that players will bump their prices up to just below the server shop price.

Droidology

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2017, 03:09:35 am »
Yes but they probs wouldn't PLUS as I said MANY times not everyone sells everything, and there is probably need for a server shop. If people bump up their prices it won't do them any good.

Rustbite

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2017, 04:25:13 am »

As for server shops for selling items to and buy items from outside the Golden shovel shops we currently provide, I'm in no way for adding any sort of shop. I'm not a fan of bringing items or currency into the game that shouldn't exist in the world. There's far more than enough players to acquire and provide resources someone may need, and the existence existence of server shops would ultimately put a set value onto things, and in a way remove a bit of the need for playing the actual game. Maybe a bit extreme statements on my part, but still partly facts. If players constantly buy from the server, no dcd would flow between players, making purchases from the server site shop more impossible to acquire that they already are in the "I sell it cheaper than you" market that's been created on here already.

the server wouldn't sell but only buy is probably what i meant this way it increases the amount of DCD available for those who cant buy it with real $$ or have stuff lying around.

Skelleton123

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2017, 10:25:17 am »
I'm just going to throw my 2 cents in here, in regards to a few things talked about here.

Firstly, in the creation of a price guide, what factors are you taking into place and where are the numbers coming from? Are we just going buy the average price you see on shops, are current stock and of these shops taken into consideration? I kinda look at this differently a bit, blaze rods for example, you have up there 1-2 dcd, but is that realistic to what people actually would pay for them? I'm looking at this from the view of what people, not all, are willing to spend. Yea blaze rods sell at  1-2 dcd all day, but I've sold and purchased recently chests of blaze rods for 4-6 dcd a piece. That's just an example.

I must agree. Before I hadn't looked at it this way. Indeed, not having a server shop except for the golden shovels is better for a player driven economy. It would otherwise affect the supply and demand to much. You are right. So no server shop is my vote as well right now.

_edo

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2017, 01:27:27 pm »
I'm not a fan of bringing items [...] into the game that shouldn't exist in the world.

I must agree. Before I hadn't looked at it this way. Indeed, not having a server shop except for the golden shovels is better for a player driven economy. It would otherwise affect the supply and demand to much. You are right. So no server shop is my vote as well right now.

I'm also against a server shop selling items to players. It could discourage players from mining/farming/building to acquire those items themselves, which is one of the basic appeals of playing minecraft survival!

But Rust proposed the idea of a server shop buying items from players.
It could be another way for players to get some dcds. Right now there are five ways to get dcds. What would adding a sixth way do?:

how to get dcds:     benefit for the server:
    4. mob arena    adds to fun things to do
    5. sell items to players    strengthens community

6. sell items to server shop    - It might weaken the community (players working solo instead of helping others by selling them stuff)
- It might waste resources found in nature and damage landscape (if server shop buys basic blocks)
- Is it a fun thing to do?

Maybe it could be a fun thing to do, if the server shops buys hard-to-craft items that don't waste limited natural resources. However, I think it then becomes very similar to some existing quests, with the sole difference that it'd be a repeatable quest. It'd become a grind. Better add some quests then, I'd say.

(btw: the 'problem' of players having excessive 'stuff lying around' really isn't a problem that needs to be solved by the server.)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 01:38:05 pm by _edo »