Author Topic: A Server Price Chart?  (Read 5935 times)

SimonDog

A Server Price Chart?
« on: May 30, 2017, 08:03:46 am »
I asked Kaz about a server supply and demand chart, or rather a regular price chart, and he said that if I tried to create one, "you'd be here for months of years.".  So I rationalized the situation, and decided that it would be best to only "publicly" announce the most popular ones, such as the mined materials, heads, shulker boxes, and so on.  If you guys have ideas on what the average prices for things are, please put them here.

Stardog202

Klabauterman

Re: A Server Price Chart?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 08:49:55 am »
really nice idea ! especially for someone new to the server. much appreciated !

Droidology

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 03:03:06 am »
Shulker Boxes: ~ $950-$1100
Creeper Heads (from CHARGED creepers) ~ $4500
Diamonds: ~ $95-$110 (some do them for $60, but they are all sold out)
Mending Books: ~ $1000
Blaze Rods: ~ $1-$2
Planks: ~ $1/plank OR $1/log

I will add more stuff to this list soon!

-Limo

crlow

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 07:32:13 am »
Shulker boxes can be cheaper, even getting as low as 600 dcd! you'll have to do some searching around in the mall, but if you're lucky, you might find some cheap. :)

Droidology

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 02:18:03 am »
Beacons are also around about $5000-$7000, and Iron is usually $5-$10/ingot. Raw food is about $1-$5, arrows and flint is about $1-$2, and redstone DUST is about $1/dust. More to come

darkdrake87

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 03:17:28 pm »
I saw one shop that had Shulkers for 550 DCD, though they were always sold out, and the last time I was at the mall, the chest was gone.

This is the problem with this idea.  There is no set price among the whole mall for any single item.  Everyone sees what other people are selling the items for, and prices it lower to sell theirs before people go to other shops.  This is also the problem with a competitive economy market.  I would actually suggest - with the 1.12 update released days ago and the 1.12 Survival server looming ahead of us - maybe seeing if we can find a way to set minimum prices so that no one can undercut another seller too badly?  And somewhat standardize the economy.  However, this would also come with its own problems, in that you would have the people who got the plots closest to the mall hub selling all their stuff first, with the exception of sellers with loyal clients (I will ALWAYS get my books from DangerKnerd, just because their prices are always reasonable, and they usually have a decent stock in the books I need).

therealkid2369

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 05:17:45 pm »
I saw one shop that had Shulkers for 550 DCD, though they were always sold out, and the last time I was at the mall, the chest was gone.

This is the problem with this idea.  There is no set price among the whole mall for any single item.  Everyone sees what other people are selling the items for, and prices it lower to sell theirs before people go to other shops.  This is also the problem with a competitive economy market.  I would actually suggest - with the 1.12 update released days ago and the 1.12 Survival server looming ahead of us - maybe seeing if we can find a way to set minimum prices so that no one can undercut another seller too badly?  And somewhat standardize the economy.  However, this would also come with its own problems, in that you would have the people who got the plots closest to the mall hub selling all their stuff first, with the exception of sellers with loyal clients (I will ALWAYS get my books from DangerKnerd, just because their prices are always reasonable, and they usually have a decent stock in the books I need).
That's the idea though is so that people's business can boom or go out you have to be a good marketer and try and keep going back to try and beat the competition otherwise it defeats the purpose of a free market

Redims89

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 10:44:58 pm »
Mending bargain is 600 and lower.  Average is between 650 - 700.  I am relatively new to the server, I purchase at least 1 - 2 a week.  Hope this helps  :)

Rustbite

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 07:44:08 am »
Nice thread guys but hey got something for you guys to consider.

What would you think about a server shop where you can sell items to the server for DCD?

It's something i have considered for a while and what that does is set the server economy so you would sell things to the public more for more than the server would buy them.

But obviously wed have to think about pricing such as price for iron would be low cause of the fact you can make an iron farm and just sell inventory after inventory of it to the serve make a tone of money.

what do you guys think? 

Skelleton123

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 03:30:37 pm »

What would you think about a server shop where you can sell items to the server for DCD?

It's something i have considered for a while and what that does is set the server economy so you would sell things to the public more for more than the server would buy them.

But obviously wed have to think about pricing such as price for iron would be low cause of the fact you can make an iron farm and just sell inventory after inventory of it to the serve make a tone of money.

what do you guys think?

I've always wondered why people only sell stuff and are not buying stuff. So having the possibility to sell stuff we worked for to the server would be awesome.
Just mind that you don't buy/sell stuff people can easily farm or mass produce (eg. If it's possible to sell cobble do at a ridiculous low price (like 0,01DCD/piece), or only buy up stone (still at a very low price), so people either need silk touch or need to smelt the cobble). Maybe the server buys URenium or other not so easy to farm/produce blocks. With the new update maybe you could buy up all sorts of coloured stuff. So much to do, but be carefull for items that are easy to get, as they can crash the server economy pretty quickly. Or otherwise, keep in mind that some prices in the shop will need adjusting.

SimonDog

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 04:22:11 am »

what do you guys think?

I've always wondered why people only sell stuff and are not buying stuff. So having the possibility to sell stuff we worked for to the server would be awesome.
Just mind that you don't buy/sell stuff people can easily farm or mass produce (eg. If it's possible to sell cobble do at a ridiculous low price (like 0,01DCD/piece), or only buy up stone (still at a very low price), so people either need silk touch or need to smelt the cobble). Maybe the server buys URenium or other not so easy to farm/produce blocks. With the new update maybe you could buy up all sorts of coloured stuff. So much to do, but be carefull for items that are easy to get, as they can crash the server economy pretty quickly. Or otherwise, keep in mind that some prices in the shop will need adjusting.
That's something I have considered, a crash in the Dogcraft economy.  It strangely reminds me of the Great Depression.  As for those of you have contributed, I thank you for your time and effort.  In maybe a week or so I should have a simple model of a possible system.  I would thank that the precious metal system would be much like reality, where metals (And other minerals too) have an expected price, however it is not required.  Anyways, I shall compute a system.  If any of you beautiful people out there would like to help I would appreciate the support :).  We are also still missing information on the other precious resources such as coal, emerald, and gold, as well as it's ore and the other metals that have a ore counterpart.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 04:33:50 am by SimonDog »

Droidology

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 01:26:26 am »
I would love something like /sell, because it would mean that things you dont need/want can just be destroyed and you get something out of it. The things I usually have too much of aren't worth putting in a shop and therefore I just leave them to get despawned. I played with this command on another server and maybe there could even be a server shop which had every item (but for a higher price). This means you could be guaranteed to get the item YOU NEED and not have to hunt around 4 it.
-Limo

TerTerFooFoo

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2017, 03:01:47 pm »
I don't know how I feel about a server store. There are a couple of reasons for this. First, is that something that is going to gum up the server and slow things down/cause crashes and the like? Secondly, how is that going to effect (affect?) player to player sales and the economy in general? There would be no more need for stores ore mall plots, just get everything from the site. Then you run into the situation of unbalanced economy because people who do not have hours and hours to grind mining/fishing/crafting are sort of shut out by the site. Does any of this make sense? It makes sense in my brain. I just don't know if I am getting across what I mean.

Skelleton123

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2017, 04:24:37 pm »
I don't know how I feel about a server store. There are a couple of reasons for this. First, is that something that is going to gum up the server and slow things down/cause crashes and the like? Secondly, how is that going to effect (affect?) player to player sales and the economy in general? There would be no more need for stores ore mall plots, just get everything from the site. Then you run into the situation of unbalanced economy because people who do not have hours and hours to grind mining/fishing/crafting are sort of shut out by the site. Does any of this make sense? It makes sense in my brain. I just don't know if I am getting across what I mean.

It could heavily affect player to player sales. That's why I suggest it has very low prices for stuff. So it is, in fact a way to get rid of junk and earn a very tiny amount of money on it, so it doesn't fill your chest. Also if it buys up expensive stuff, the expensive stuff get's more demanded by players which makes the price for player to player sales go up, so you can make more money on it... Economy is hard...

Brianetta

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2017, 06:36:56 pm »
Setting up server stores is very unlikely to affect server performance or stability. The plugins that give this functionality are some of the most well tested and stable plugins available.

The effect it does have is setting minimum or maximum prices on goods, which can control the value of the in-game dollar (the DCD).  Players can't compete with absolute prices and infinite supply or demand.  With the correct decisions made by the server's admins, this can help keep the economy stable, which can increase fun.