Author Topic: MY BASE!!  (Read 3131 times)

willgazza9

MY BASE!!
« on: May 26, 2017, 08:12:31 am »
Hey there, Will here, aka willazza9.
I have managed to come up with an idea for my base. It was inspired but GTWScar's Hobbit Hole base on the current season of hermit craft. I will basically be making my base in a hill type thingy, and I would like to know what you guys think. Is it a good idea or a not so good idea?
Any who, The main reason I am building like this is so that I can improve my terraforming skills. I feel that a majority of my base will just be under ground, but that's what I'm going for. I want it to feel like you walk into a little hole and there is a whole other world inside.
I have currently gave upon the sorting system idea cause the resources to craft it are too expensive for the level of game I am currently at. Although I would like to eventually build one though. I am also planning to make as many automatic farms as possible so whilst I am playing I can be gathering resources without doing it manually. The aim of that is too improve my redstonage.
Overall hopefully making this base will make me better at Minecraft in all sections. Please leave a reply telling me what you think. I would love to hear.
-willgazza9 :)

SimonDog

Re: MY BASE!!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 06:09:53 am »
Ok Will,
I think that the hill design is a brilliant idea, and about the whole other world thing, make it seem as though you are walking through a small corridor, then emerge into a large pit, which (As the new lore goes) was once used for mining, and some of the passageways are damaged or broken.  Another idea is you go through the same small corridor, however you emerge into a cylindrical lab/building that has been placed and suspended in the massive cavern, with (Stained?) glass windows that you can use to see inside.  It really depends on what sort of massive thing you want to have stored underground.  In my opinion, It is best if you can see it or easily imagine it's size.  Like a hill space plane hangar with multiple levels/sections, that can be easily mentally called up and located.
Hope this helps!
 - Stardog202

darkdrake87

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 08:44:43 am »
I definitely like the sound of this idea.  While there is a space for what you're talking about, Simon, that's not quite hobbit hole material.  However, it is definitely an idea that would look amazing, and I may do that for my mine if Will doesn't want to use it for their base proper.  Basically in that instance, the suspended room could be the furnaces (furni, in the words of Ren Diggety) and ore/ingot storage!

That's just my two DCDs, which by this point have deflated down to about... a quarter of a DCD.

Droidology

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 06:55:57 am »
I built most of my houses underground, but I prefer to call them bases. I watch GTWS and love his home, and congrats on the build choice! I have too much redstone (last count I had 5 shulker boxes of blocks) and am happy to give some away.
You can come over to my base anytime if you need inspiration, and since I live in Aussieland as well I would probably me online when u r.
Limo