Author Topic: Nitro UHC Testing  (Read 7532 times)

Rustbite

Nitro UHC Testing
« on: May 22, 2017, 06:35:35 am »
Hello Guys and Girls

This forum has been a long time in waiting. With the Launch of the new Nitro UHC format we are still in testing and are wanting to make more improvements as we go. So in this thread i would encourage all who love UHC to play write notes and comment. These can be any comment skellies need to drop more bones for example or the iron drops need to be increased. This will help us to refine the format and make it more enjoyable for everyone.

Just so everyone knows that the format was created to not replace mining but be an equal substitute but obviously a little more rewarding when fighting hostile mobs. This can remove the grind for people who just want to kill things and get right in on the action from the get go.one of the most exciting things in the new format is the eternal night instead of eternal day, which is aimed for the people that want to farm mobs for their.

Some possible Improvements
-DCD per kill
-DCD for win, second and 3rd
-shorter time frame

Please post your thoughts in this thread
thanks
Rustbite

Attila

Re: Nitro UHC Testing
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 07:14:58 am »
I've never gotten into Nitro UHC, but I guess with it being different from other UHC's I have played, I guess I could give it a whirl.

With that said, next time I'm on, I will definitely try it out.

jamesdrew27

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 09:14:32 am »
Format is great, had one issue with not getting tools at the start in one match but other than that the system is good. Having pigs cows sheep and chickens drop iron more would be good as it would help people survive until the death match better would be good as well as increased drops from witches as they are a huge risk kill. DCD per kill would be amazing

firsty.blocker

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 09:50:13 pm »
I feel like you should get 100 DCD per deathmatch kill, and 500, 250, 100 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively. I feel like the timer should increase by 5 minutes, as in ren's video, (can't remember who) was severely undergeared.

-OPwrecker :)

FuzzyCube

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 04:51:17 am »
I feel like you should get 100 DCD per deathmatch kill, and 500, 250, 100 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively.
Maybe even a bit more DCD for kills outside of deathmatch since you aren't guaranteed to find a player, which will possibly motivate more people to fight when running in to each other in the hopes of winning some DCD. :D :D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 03:59:49 pm by FuzzyCube »

Klabauterman

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 08:52:32 am »
Never played it yet. Will try it today ! Sounds nice !

Droidology

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 04:34:02 am »
I've watched Mumbo Jumbo (with Sl1pg8r) do UHC on the Hermitcraft server back in 2014, and I love the idea of having NitroUHC on the server.
I am just wondering, if you quit the game, do you automatically lose, so you have to go back to the start?
Because from what I've heard, I don't think I could play for a few hours at a time (family things, homework and blogging requires a lot of my time), and therefore there may not be much point for me to play UHC very much, but I will give it a try.
Iron ingots would be a great drop.
Limo

FuzzyCube

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 06:38:32 am »
I don't think I could play for a few hours at a time (family things, homework and blogging requires a lot of my time), and therefore there may not be much point for me to play UHC very much, but I will give it a try.
thankfully UHC on the server only lasts around 45 mins :D

Droidology

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 03:23:59 am »
Great! This is going to be epic! I am going to be recording a video with this...
I have never actually recorded on the server be4, so it will be interesting and hopefully a few more newbies join up!

Limo

domasleo159

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 12:03:00 am »
i would love to get dcd from playing uhc

ImperialAce12

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 11:49:36 pm »
I like the dcd Idea

gamerluuk

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 01:36:06 pm »
What's UHC?

ebi_furya

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2018, 12:43:26 am »
UHC is Ultra Hardcore. Basically, really difficult PVP Survival without natural regen and one life to live. Think of it as Minecraft PUBG, only Minecraft did it first. Players drop into a survival world and must gather supplies to build weapons and armor as well as get food, potions, and other items to fight against the other players. Last player standing wins. The map has a world border that after a while begins to shrink until all the remaining players are forced into a tight arena area for the final showdown.

Nitro UHC, which is what's on Dogcraft, is Ren's version of this. It has all the same aspects of regular UHC, but it's called Nitro because it removes a lot of the grind for materials out of the game resulting in a much shorter match time. Animals drop cooked meat, ores drop smelted, enemies drop special resources, etc. Games in Nitro last about 30 minutes where a typical UHC can last hours due to the grinding.

There's lots of videos of normal UHC and Nitro on YouTube if you want to check it out for yourself.

Hope that helps explain it.

MattLong936

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2019, 05:48:52 am »
Yah rewards in DCD should be given. Maybe you can spend DCD to get extra boosts

Aeghu

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 09:26:48 pm »
Yah rewards in DCD should be given. Maybe you can spend DCD to get extra boosts

That would make NitroUHC a pay2win formula, I'm not a fan of that idea.
Sorry to shoot down an idea in a brainstorm.

My suggestion would be to start the match at the near-end of the daytime so people can get to killing agro-mobs faster, giving them more time to get decent gear. In my experience you really dont need a lot more than 5 minutes to get the stuff you need to start killing zombies and such.