Poll

Should the sapwn town be resetted?

yes it should be resetted
4 (10%)
no it should stay the same
36 (90%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should spawn be resetted?  (Read 6784 times)

Medaboss88

Should spawn be resetted?
« on: May 14, 2017, 06:02:47 am »
I believe yes because most people that claimed a spot in spawn now doesn't play anymore and I think their should be plots similar to the mall in survival and people could rent out plots and so the place doesn't get old and people cant build there anymore. reply on your opinions. thanks :D  Also we can just copy and paste all the farms like the tree farm the crop farm etc. The last one doesn't have to be an option if u don't like it :/

Fury

Re: Should spawn be resetted?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 07:34:57 am »
I believe that there should be an option for people on the fence. I believe it should because of how a lot of the people who built on it are no longer playing, but the caveat for that is that, as a member of the server itself for a year and a half, it brings back good memories looking at a lot of the builds of people who I no longer see around. It reminds me that they once played on the server and makes me reminisce on the old times. I voted yes, but I wish there was a third option for the reasons stated above... If there was a way to remember the people who are no longer with us on the server it would be great.

yurideridder

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 08:22:39 am »
I think it should be reset because as others have already said, most of the people that have claimed a spot at spawn aren't even playing anymore. We can do a community centre but also chunk plots, everybody gets a 16x16 plot to work with. When people stop playing on the server (they will probably tell on the forum) the mods can simply erase their plot and make place for new cyberdogs. This will keep it fresh and new for everybody.

-Yuri

Rustbite

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 09:50:26 am »
The current spawn will not be reset we have thought about it and decided not to. But with the launch of 1.12 we may start a brand spanking new world for everyone to play on keeping the old one for veterans to continue playing. The New World will house a new and fresh spawn for all the newbies to put there makr on the Dogcraft server for eternity.

So keep your eyes peeled

Cheers Rustbite

_edo

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 12:55:07 pm »
Consider this option:

Instead of resetting spawn/Spawn City, the spawn location can be moved to new coordinates with 'fresh land'. Then currently active players can build a new Spawn City and the old Spawn City will become like an old town. Old Spawn City can then still be visited.

May I suggest two possible locations?:

With sea nearby (to travel by boat) and easily connectable to the existing Nether Transport Network (NTN).
Btw, that's drawn on the map of the Survival Railway Network (SRN).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:09:14 am by _edo »

goldminer177

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 08:03:10 pm »
I think that spawn should stay where it is you can always build around it and what happens if one of them decide to log on? they wont be happy and also another reason why we should keep it its because it shows the history and its a awesome place as well I see no reason why we need a new spawn.

Thank you

-GoldMiner

riky181

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 11:21:45 pm »
I deeply deem that spawn shouldn't be resetted, for, it makes dogcraft the server many people are looking for. Why shouldn't you go out in the wilderness, and start your own base without anyone around? It would make everything more fun. Plots is a terrible idea, since people like to make buildings the size they most like. The best solution is to start away from everything, and if you are successful enough, people shall start following you, and a new community shall arise.

- Riky181

CommanderWolf

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 12:40:00 am »
I have to agree with Rust and many others when I say that spawn should not be reset. It has so much history behind it that walking around spawn is like going back in time on the sever (and that is coming from someone without a building in spawn) and it is so cool to see the massive and small builds all over the place. If you want a feeling similar to spawn you can always start work on a town to help see things begin to build up.

jjminedogs

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 04:10:33 am »
NO!

darparniox

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 05:26:43 am »
I agree with most here, there are some nice builds in spawn city, and a few people still around that have their base there, JJ and edo who have replied, and I do too. I'd rather that wasn't gone, thanks.

Spawn is part of the history of the dc server, and should exist in some part etc.

Theres been a few of these 'reset' discussions recently and I can't really understand why. There is almost always solutions that aren't a cold hard reset of people's hard work. I know players that have been playing for a long time are in the minority, but they are in many cases a large part of why the server exists today.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 05:39:55 am by darparniox »

TerTerFooFoo

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 08:17:45 am »
Spawn should not be reset. In fact, my opinion, there should not be "for sale" shops at spawn. I personally think that there should be more free for noobs chests at Spawn. But that, of course, is just my two cents.

EternalKaz

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 05:18:51 pm »
Spawn should not be reset. In fact, my opinion, there should not be "for sale" shops at spawn. I personally think that there should be more free for noobs chests at Spawn. But that, of course, is just my two cents.

Back in the day there was no mall, therefore the spawn was technically the mall, and that's why there's even shops there. The molemart bazaar was supposed to be the mall at spawn before we got the fancy new mall.

~Kaz

Brianetta

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 09:39:25 pm »
we may start a brand spanking new world for everyone to play on keeping the old one for veterans to continue playing.
This makes the question moot. Once there's a new map, the old one will become a ghost town.

jjminedogs

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 09:57:12 pm »
we may start a brand spanking new world for everyone to play on keeping the old one for veterans to continue playing.
This makes the question moot. Once there's a new map, the old one will become a ghost town.
I don't think it will become a ghost town. I do think it will give an option to new players to start off without having to travel so far to find unclaimed areas. It will also depend on if they use Multi-world inventories. Starting over from scratch after you have spent months building up your tools and armor is not alway the most appealing idea.

Brianetta

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 10:06:07 pm »
I play where the other players are. I can always craft new stuff. If every new player is starting out on a new world, it's going to get pretty lonely on the old world, even if you have all the end-game loot there.