Poll

what do you think should we restart the end?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Should the end be reset?  (Read 4162 times)

goldminer177

Should the end be reset?
« on: April 30, 2017, 08:48:28 am »
Hi so with the end mostly explored and new people joining I find it unfair that you have to go so far to get your elytra's, I know that there can be people who cant get enough of them but with the new people they either have to go like a few thousand blocks or they have to get really lucky that someone will give they're area away and that's what I do but you still have to go a distance, let me know of what your thought's are now I'm not one that needs elytra's and I'm not making this so I can get more but this is more of the new people, I hate going to the end honestly.

Thank you! :)
-GoldMiner
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 08:55:20 am by goldminer177 »

_edo

Re: Should the end be reset?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 09:39:32 am »
In general I'm against reseting anything that's been build/generated on an mc server. Unless it's really technically causing a server to malfunction and no other solution can be found.

In this case too. There are other ways to solve this issue. Players could build a transport system in The End to quickly get far away from the central island.
(I think that would be the most charming solution)

Alternatively, an admin or headmod might create one or a couple of new warp commands (for example /theend1, /theend2, /theend3, etc..) to go to currently still unexplored areas of The End. Possibly these command could only be used when you're already in The End.

goldminer177

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 10:27:56 am »
Yeah that can work to, I'm trying to help new players get elytra's so they don't have to travail 1M blocks or the grind.

_edo

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 02:51:50 pm »
Yeah that can work to, I'm trying to help new players get elytra's so they don't have to travail 1M blocks or the grind.

I've been finding new End Cities today, ±15k blocks away from central island. But yeah, it's nice to help out, ty.

peterpaul1991

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 08:51:24 am »
New players can always buy elytra's for 200 diamonds XD.

I don't think a reset of the end would be good. And indeed i am still finding some unexplorered end cities arround the 10k marker.

Krhymez

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 11:51:31 am »
I feel a better option would be make the dragon drop an Elytra on Death. Just like on the hermitcraft server.
Also, would be nice if the dragon also dropped an egg.

Krhymez

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 10:39:10 am »
Hi so with the end mostly explored and new people joining I find it unfair that you have to go so far to get your elytra's, I know that there can be people who cant get enough of them but with the new people they either have to go like a few thousand blocks or they have to get really lucky that someone will give they're area away and that's what I do but you still have to go a distance, let me know of what your thought's are now I'm not one that needs elytra's and I'm not making this so I can get more but this is more of the new people, I hate going to the end honestly.

Thank you! :)
-GoldMiner

You should add a poll, "Should the dragon drop elytra and dragon egg"

Reseting the end should never be an option, Some players may build spaceships in the void.

bestfreestylist

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 11:43:09 am »
no way! I live in the end.  Unless they can choose whitch areas they can delete than no way.

firsty.blocker

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 01:00:36 pm »
I feel a better option would make the dragon drop an Elytra on Death. Just like on the hermitcraft server.

Yes, we should do that, because 200 diamonds is a lot! Approximately 20k DCD is hard to earn for someone like me who doesn't have shops. Also, without an elytra, how do I go +- 10k blocks in the end? This would be a great oppertunity to collab and kill the Ender Dragon as many times as possible. Plus, everyone wants to kill Mattigins for the quest D

-OPwrecker :)

peterpaul1991

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 03:20:16 pm »
I feel a better option would make the dragon drop an Elytra on Death. Just like on the hermitcraft server.

Yes, we should do that, because 200 diamonds is a lot! Approximately 20k DCD is hard to earn for someone like me who doesn't have shops. Also, without an elytra, how do I go +- 10k blocks in the end? This would be a great oppertunity to collab and kill the Ender Dragon as many times as possible. Plus, everyone wants to kill Mattigins for the quest D

-OPwrecker :)

20k DCD is easy to get. Check /quests there are plenty quests that are easy and profitable. Also in early game its more important to get your gear at a good level. If you make sure you get an Diamond pickaxe with any form of Fortune on it (preferable Fortune III) you'll reach the 200 diamonds within no time. (just make sure to mine below lvl 20. and i would suggest mine at lvl 11 or 12).

Also Elytra's are meant for Endgame gear. Meaning it have to be hard to get. But seriously with just a couple of hours of grinding you should be able to have your elytra by just mining diamonds getting a fortune pickaxe. Mining some more diamonds and then buying the elytra.

domasleo159

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 05:57:49 pm »
I feel a better option would be make the dragon drop an Elytra on Death. Just like on the hermitcraft server.

Maybe the dragon would have like a 10% chance of dropping elytra or egg?

riky181

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2017, 11:12:58 pm »
I deem that it should be like on Hermitcraft, that anytime you kill the dragon it drops an elytra, or maybe a new plugin shall be added. It should create new crafting recipes for elytras. The recipe should be very expensive though. It should require at least an eye of ender, and maybe diamonds and leather. There is a plugin named Custom Recipes which is 100% customisable and it is 1.11.2 compatible.

ten0r

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 01:19:05 am »
The end will not be reset nor will the dragon drop an elytra or egg.  As edo has put it, there are many players who have built bases in the end.  By resetting the end, you essentially wipe the work that they've done away.  If you think this is ok, think of it if those end players decided to wipe away your overworld base after spending months on it. Same difference.

Elytra's are considered an end game item and Ren has determined that it should remain that way.  That is why we have a minimum price on the Elytra set at 200 diamonds.  Not enough to be unreachable, but enough that if you really want one, you're going to need to grind for it.  That being said, there are playerbuffs that can be purchased which add haste to the server for a period of time.  This will help you mine those diamonds faster.  As Peter said, it shouldn't take you long to get those diamonds.

As far the Dragon Eggs are concerned.  There are a limited amount of them on the server.  When the server first opened up there was a glitch where it dropped it upon each death.  That glitch has since been fixed.  We do not allow people to break bedrock so there is no purpose for Dragon Eggs except for decoration.