Author Topic: Lets build a nation  (Read 5593 times)

grant.train

Lets build a nation
« on: April 22, 2017, 04:06:36 pm »
Ecto and I have built a town, My plan is to build roads connecting this town to castles and other player settlements to make a whole nation that looks as good as the one around spawn! Anyone want to join me?

TerTerFooFoo

Re: Lets build a nation
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 07:00:35 pm »
You mean like the railway is trying to do? Just a thought, maybe coordinate with the railway team and see about reaching roads from the railway stations to nearby bases and "towns" linking them up. =)  Just my two cents. Great idea though, except, what are you going to do with the small island bases, like mine?

JustWannaFly

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 05:49:00 pm »
Maybe some nice piers with occasional buoys that show the way? All that is provided the owner of the island wants to be connected of course ;)

Aeghu

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 09:02:57 am »
Marking out maritime channels, that must be a first for SMP Minecraft, at least that I'm aware of.
Does sound very cool though. Connecting ports of large bases and towns that are close to water would definitely get me rowing a lot.

Warpedmatrix77

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 10:13:43 pm »
I agree that the roads should lead to either ports or railways, and maritime route navigation aids would be so cool! I think I might start working on a port area from my base, as well as a rail station. It's about that time! I hope this idea really takes off, and thanks for the inspiration to improve and enlarge my base! (we all know it needs to be bigger!)

_edo

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 08:09:32 pm »
The addition of maritime routes would be great!

Since there's currently no dynamic map of the mc server it's quite easy to get a bit lost, or to loose ones bearings when traveling. Any kind of addition markers or route guides can help, be it roads, rail tracks, large, visual points of reference (towers, lighthouses) or maritime routes. Even when you're not in a boat but flying, it can help guide you.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 08:12:37 pm by _edo »

Attila

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 04:33:16 am »
The addition of maritime routes would be great!

Since there's currently no dynamic map of the mc server it's quite easy to get a bit lost, or to loose ones bearings when traveling. Any kind of addition markers or route guides can help, be it roads, rail tracks, large, visual points of reference (towers, lighthouses) or maritime routes. Even when you're not in a boat but flying, it can help guide you.

Wow, this is an amazing idea. . . good thing I'm building near the water.

Aeghu

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 08:04:40 am »
Still gonna need a lot of work before this idea actually becomes a thing.
But if you really like it, you could always set up the Maritime Transport Network and start rolling it out ;)

Axel23

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 04:51:26 pm »
I'll help if you allow me to.

therealkid2369

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 10:39:08 pm »
interesting i would be interested in helping out any way i can. Anything that brings the people of the server closer together I'm all for!

Attila

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 02:52:37 am »
Still gonna need a lot of work before this idea actually becomes a thing.
But if you really like it, you could always set up the Maritime Transport Network and start rolling it out ;)

I may start the building the Network soon, but need to construct some personal things, including finishing my house.

But this raises a few questions for me:
Where will it initially start? (Like where at spawn?)
Who all wants connections to go straight to them?
Is there gonna be any need to build canals?

These would mainly direct how routes are gonna go, especially if some oceans are separated.

Aeghu

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 08:50:25 am »
To help in the planning stage you can resort to the SRN thread: http://dogcraft.net/forum.php?page=%2Ftopic%2C39.0.html
There's a map there you could use to plot out the basics and inventory the amount of canals that would need digging to connect everything up.

darparniox

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 11:17:08 am »
If this gets off the ground I'd just like to say that collaboration with the SRN/NTN is very welcome, just message me or the thread :)

SammySaturdays

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 12:30:05 pm »
I'm building a town-like thing with TrollingPatato but we may be thousands of blocks away. Plus, we want to connect to the main railroad.

Droidology

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 06:58:38 am »
I am very happy with doing this. Maybe we could make a thing in the nether, like a nether hub to each other's bases!
I like having more than one base. Gr8 idea!
-Limo