Author Topic: Come build your modern house in Little Venice  (Read 3048 times)

mathijs.van-der-molen

Come build your modern house in Little Venice
« on: July 13, 2019, 07:36:28 am »
Welcome to Little Venice,

Little Venice is a modern city of small islands connected by waterways and bridges. A place where classical roman and  greek  houses  meet modern concrete Deco Art houses, as seen in cities as Havana and the stacked gentleman houses of the 1800’s amsterdam. All these builds create a diverse community of complementary styles.

Anyone is allowed to build in LV, they only need to contact the Mayor (Sam Argos)  either though ingame message or discord contact. After going through the proper building regulations and have presented the mayor with a design (see building regulations) the player will be given a building permit and building site to work on. Players are expected to use their own building materials, but are always free to ask for help from citizens when needed.

Building regulations
These are the basic regulations where every build in Little Venice will need to adhere to.
 Buildheight up from water level to the highest block of your build cannot exceed 30 blocks.
The front side of the building (including the primary access to the building) must be facing the waterside. This side must be built INTO the water.
Buildings will be built against each other, leave space on your walls for other buildings to be built next to yours (careful with windows on the side of your building, or one day you’ll wake up with a view of a brick wall through them)
All buildings need to be Mob proofed
Little Venice is in a moderate warm climate, please make your design match climate. This is a modern city so the architecture is expected to reflect this
Every island has its own theme and buildings regulations you will need to adhere to on top of of these regulations

Citizens and Environmentalists
Anyone who has a build in Little Venice is a citizen. And therefore has a few certain rights and obligations. Every citizen will have the right to claim a mailbox to receive presents and the like from each other. They also have the right to claim a market stall to sell some of their own goods. Lastly they have the right to enter the venetian catacombs once a week. This changes it’s layout every week, together with it’s rewards. You will only be able to enter the dungeon for free once every week, after that you’ll need to pay, like anyone who is not a citizen. (see the venetian catacombs for more information). Any citizen will have the obligation to take care of their build, and keep it in good shape and mob spawning proof. They are also responsible for any general paths and other community builds on their island..
As LV is part of the Renstone park project, any participant there will have priority on their choices where to build in LV. Being a participant in Renstone (also called Environmentalist) is rather easy, the only thing you need to do, is help out with the development of the park in any way. Basically planting a few custom trees, making some rock formations or placing a piece of path would help. Conversely there are plenty of things needed to be done in the public space of LV itself as well, and this will help you get the status of environmentalist as well.

Tourism and games
A nice looking city is a reward in itself, and it’s location near the nature park of Renstone is off course not nothing either. The city council is however not interested sitting on their hand and just let things be. Little Venice should be THE prime location for tourism and enjoyment. Therefore there are several things to eventually do in and around the city. Chief amongst these are the currently planned:

Venitian catacombs; a weekly changing dungeon with renewable rewards, a lot of athmosphere, and several different paths to victory. A tourist path with no dangers or difficulties, a adventurers path with some puzzles and jumping, and the phantoms path where you will be in danger of losing your life and gear in the process. WARNING! There are no safeguards in this path, if you die or lose your gear, the city and the dungeon designers are not responsible for retrieving your gear. Enter the phantom path at your own risk.

Venice grand Opera; a high culture build with several exhibit rooms showing exclusive art or temporary showcases. A library with the greatest literary works. And of course the grand opera theater itself, a stage that lends itself as the starting point for many an event.
Beyond these two great attractions, there will be several quests and guides to encourage visitors to enjoy the great hospitality of Little Venice.

We hope you come visit us, or even better: Join us in building this great city! If you have questions feel free to ask here, PM me ingame (SamanthaArgos) or join our discord server for more info on Little Venice and all the projects surrounding it ( https://discord.gg/RJTgG4M )

Edit: TLDR: Come build your house in Little Venice (16k/16/ southeast of spawn) in a buidling style like art deco modern classical of gentlemen houses. It will be fun!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 07:04:53 am by Mathijs van der Molen »

MattLong936

Re: Come build your modern house in Little Venice
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 09:49:20 am »
Can you summarise it please? I dont want to read it all...  :'(

mathijs.van-der-molen

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 07:05:44 am »
Added a TLDR at the bottom for your convience, and will make a yourube video in the near future to help as well. Hope it will help.

mr_e12345

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 02:47:04 pm »
It sounds fun! I'm imagining a mix of canals and narrow alleys, stone, granite and terracotta. I'll max out at 3 levels if I build (I plan to once I finish my current project) but 30 blocks makes a 5-6 story building pretty feasible. I'm a sucker for boat travel...

mathijs.van-der-molen

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 03:49:53 pm »
You're very welcome to check out our plots, and pick on you'd like to build in, i've seen you join our discord server as well, can't wait to see what you come up with!