Author Topic: 1.14 Update  (Read 3003 times)

GhostandPhantom88

1.14 Update
« on: July 09, 2019, 07:17:43 am »
Whens the update if no one knows lets talk about what everyones excited about for the update personally me im excited for the new villager mechanics and lanterns

OldmanLP85

Re: 1.14 Update
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 08:22:08 am »
The update is in the works. Our admin team is hard at work getting it ready for us.

On the topic of what I’m most excited for... walls. All the different wall types you can now have. Second would be a close tie between lanterns and scaffolding. Oh I can’t wait for scaffolding. So many design uses. Oh. And the functionality too 😝

My least looked forward to feature? Is probably also one that I’m intrigued about, but the raids.  I’m not looking forward to seeing how many changes I’ll have to make to my base to protect the villagers. But I do look forward to the challenge

HeavyDork

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 11:18:42 am »
Certainly, building block improvements are amazing and villager mechanics is also very interesting. However, I'm a bit worried because some farms will have to be changed (iron supply, for example). Already reserved part of my base to build new structures :)

TelemonianDan

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 01:33:25 pm »
Honestly, I'm so looking forward to the 1.14 update for so many reasons! I actually (kinda) understand villager mechanics now, and I can't wait to user all the new slabs, stairs, and walls! I usually build in a medieval style, so the new blocks like the grindstone, barrel, lantern, and fletching table will be great for adding those little details that really made a build come together!

mokmand

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 11:08:26 am »
After an update, will naturally spawned resources like bamboo somehow start to appear in the relevant biomes? I am excited about all the new blocks available in 1.14, it will be a great addition to Dogcraft!

OldmanLP85

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 10:20:31 am »
will naturally spawned resources like bamboo somehow start to appear in the relevant biomes?

Hi Momand, to answer your question, I’m going to assume some stuff about your question.
I’m going to assume you are talking about the existing world, within our current border.
To put it plainly, any chunks that have previously been explored (so basically everything within the current border) will not update to include things like bamboo.
It will however be found in any bamboo jungles found outside the current border (within the new border)
Basically, everything on the other side of the existing border will be 1.14 terrain. Beautiful, unexplored land, filled with the many marvellous things that 1.14 has brought us, like pillaged outposts, berry bushes, pandas, and yes, bamboo.

I hope this has answered your question.