Author Topic: ok new question about shops and plots. .  (Read 5531 times)

briggsmech

ok new question about shops and plots. .
« on: March 26, 2018, 02:12:25 am »
Ok i'm interested in opening a shop. Do you have to rent a mall plot and buy a shop?

Marbou9

Re: ok new question about shops and plots. .
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 08:42:36 am »
You can rent a plot in the mall to open a shop. To get there, use /warp mall. Once there, you can look for a plot that you like in one of the four districts in the mall (Red, Blue, Yellow and Purple). If you found an unclaimed plot that you like, walk up to the floormap of the district (located between the /warp spawnpoint and the color district your desired plot is in), and right-click the sign that corresponds to your plot. Small plots cost 1000 DCD per month, the double-sized plots cost 2000 DCD per month. You can rent up to at least 6 months, if I recall correctly. You can extend the rent at a later point as well, in the same way. If you don't extend the rent of your plot, it will get fully reset when the rent expires.

To make a shop, place a chest (regular or trapped) and leftclick it holding an item you want to sell. It will then ask you to enter the amount of DCD you want to sell said item for. Enter that, and a chest shop is created. You have a limited amount of free chest shops to begin with (from the top of my head, 10, but I could be mistaken), and you can buy more in the shop on the website (on the left, Shop > View Stock).

Looking forward to seeing your shop!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 08:44:43 am by Marbou9 »

Skelleton123

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 10:44:17 am »
Marbou is almost right. The best way to get customers is to have a shop at the mall. But in fact, you can have a shop anywhere in the world. Like I have ;)
I only have a plot to inform people on where they can find there local general store!

-Skelly-

briggsmech

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 01:16:40 pm »
Skelliton I have been all over the mall and I cant find your plot. Can you tell me where it is (district) or where your store is?

Skelleton123

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 04:10:34 pm »
Skelliton I have been all over the mall and I cant find your plot. Can you tell me where it is (district) or where your store is?

My plot is in the red district, right next to Mall station (and Marbou's mart). The actual stores are located at West Station and in Havana!

-Skelly-

jeff.brown

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 12:25:37 am »
I have been searching for a while for the 1.13 Mall information. I know the information is out there and that it's coming soon, but I've been unable to find anything. Does anyone have any useful information? Would love to get in on the front edge of this awesome server.

Craft on, doggie friends.
Jeff (Conables)

Mrs Diss

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 06:50:47 am »
the mall is being prepared, it'll be ready when it's ready

EnderWatts

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 04:53:54 pm »
You can rent a plot in the mall to open a shop. To get there, use /warp mall. Once there, you can look for a plot that you like in one of the four districts in the mall (Red, Blue, Yellow and Purple). If you found an unclaimed plot that you like, walk up to the floormap of the district (located between the /warp spawnpoint and the color district your desired plot is in), and right-click the sign that corresponds to your plot. Small plots cost 1000 DCD per month, the double-sized plots cost 2000 DCD per month. You can rent up to at least 6 months, if I recall correctly. You can extend the rent at a later point as well, in the same way. If you don't extend the rent of your plot, it will get fully reset when the rent expires.

To make a shop, place a chest (regular or trapped) and leftclick it holding an item you want to sell. It will then ask you to enter the amount of DCD you want to sell said item for. Enter that, and a chest shop is created. You have a limited amount of free chest shops to begin with (from the top of my head, 10, but I could be mistaken), and you can buy more in the shop on the website (on the left, Shop > View Stock).

Thanks for the good information I had been wondering in general how the system worked although I am coming along at a point where there's already plenty of stores for everything but I've still been considering it.

Quote from: Skeleton123
Marbou is almost right. The best way to get customers is to have a shop at the mall. But in fact, you can have a shop anywhere in the world. Like I have ;)
I only have a plot to inform people on where they can find there local general store!

Skeleton that is a great idea and one that I didn't even realize was possible. Are you the only one who has done this as I so far hadn't heard of this or seen anyone do it. Do you still have your store at those locations instead of in the mall?

MattLong936

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2019, 12:45:43 pm »
Wait, so I can rent a small plot with signs informing of my actual shop that is like 10 million blocks big and has about everything with a lot of fancy redstone! That's cool!

gamerluuk

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2019, 07:07:15 am »
Lol

Marbou9

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2019, 05:53:19 pm »

Thanks for the good information I had been wondering in general how the system worked although I am coming along at a point where there's already plenty of stores for everything but I've still been considering it.

Quote from: Skeleton123

Skeleton that is a great idea and one that I didn't even realize was possible. Are you the only one who has done this as I so far hadn't heard of this or seen anyone do it. Do you still have your store at those locations instead of in the mall?

This thread is actually still from the previous survival world, Sur2. We're currently on the Sur3 world that opened with 1.13, and a couple things should probably be corrected from our previous posts in this thread:
- District colors are different; We now have 4 main districts and 4 corner districts, all a different color.
- There is no longer a floormap for each district, but the sign to rent a shop is just located at the plots themselves.
- There is no longer a 6 month maximum to the rent.
- Creating a chestshop is now done with left click while shifting.
- Entering a chest shop price or buying from a chestshop requires you to use /n <price> or /n <amount>.
- You have 2 free chestshops to start with, and can still buy more in the shop in the sidebar.

You can also of course have chestshops anywhere you like, but in the mall they will be most often visited by people. As Skelly's post was also from back in Sur2, not all of his previous shops exist anymore, but I do believe he's planning on bringing his "General Store" concept back to the city of Ouranos (and possibly other locations) in the future.

EnderWatts

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 09:34:59 pm »
Good to know! Is there more information anywhere about shops? I haven't noticed that there is any scheme to certain types of shops in specific colored districts so I am assuming the colors are there just so that you can say hey my shop is in district (insert color here)?

Marbou9

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2019, 10:17:50 am »
Good to know! Is there more information anywhere about shops? I haven't noticed that there is any scheme to certain types of shops in specific colored districts so I am assuming the colors are there just so that you can say hey my shop is in district (insert color here)?

Indeed! It's just for orientation purposes so you don't get turned around all the time.

OldmanLP85

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2019, 11:13:16 am »
Sorry. A little off topic. But I just noticed something.
Marbs, did you purposely colour the cogs green to match your skin?

If not, that’s a major coincidence 😝