Author Topic: DCD earning  (Read 2605 times)

legowar1508

DCD earning
« on: December 04, 2017, 07:22:08 pm »
I am and have been on a quest for quite some time now to get diamond home. I haven't spent more than 100 dcd since I got my beacon from the shop and I hadn't spent much before that for about 2 months. I have been playing sur2 trying to set up a shop to get enough for the home upgrade but I feel like I am making no progress. I have completed many of the quests and there are only a couple left for me to earn that will give enough dcd to make progress towards my goal. Am I missing some way to get dcd or do I just need to figure out a way to sell more items in my shop?

-Legowar1508

Attila

Re: DCD earning
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 08:01:52 pm »
Really the best way is to play for just hours and hours on the server, as well as being very active on the forums. Shops will fluctuate, but from my shop alone I have not sold a thing. Also every once in a while the DCD limit it gives you on the server is more than what the actual rate is, you might want to use it to your advantage ( I've had this happen to me a few times and it gave me a varied amount, with the most being about 500.

That's about it.

-Attila_

Gawin

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 09:26:31 pm »
Farm something that people need so you can sell it. Offer to work for someone who is doing a large project for pay. I have seen several times people offering to pay for workers. Just keep grinding and it will come. 

As for getting different amounts you are not. If you play for say 3/4 of and hour and log off just before the top of the hour and the next time you play you log in 3/4 of an hour before the top of the hour it will pay you for 1 1/2 hours. Wile it can look like you are making more it is just catching up from the last time you logged out. It is pretty accurate up to the minute or better. 

*edit* Also posting on the forums earns DCD so think about getting in on some of the games and being a bit social.

Attila

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 10:18:25 pm »
Also posting on the forums earns DCD so think about getting in on some of the games and being a bit social.

That is practically what I said, when I said being active on forums. :P

Brianetta

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 10:03:20 pm »
Also every once in a while the DCD limit it gives you on the server is more than what the actual rate is, you might want to use it to your advantage ( I've had this happen to me a few times and it gave me a varied amount, with the most being about 500.
If you get paid more on occasion, it's because you weren't around on the hour the last time, and the server still owed you DCDs for time you played earlier on.

If you need a little more DCDs, you could get together with friends to buy a 24 hour 10% boost for a day when you can all get on and play together. That helps us to pay for the server, too.

If you can't afford that, post on the forums. Busy forum members get DCDs!

legowar1508

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 02:23:08 pm »
how much does posting on forums earn?

LilWolfie

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 04:04:41 pm »
Check out the full answer here: http://dogcraft.net/faq.php

The short answer is that you get a minimum of 100DCD per post. I will also caution you against spamming and farming DCDs :) Pretty much, as long as you are not double posting or just posting to make DCDs, you're good :D

Have a wonderful day,
LilWolfie

BriGuy

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 08:54:11 pm »
In my short experience on the server, I've found that the hunt for DCD is much like the grind for almost anything else in Minecraft; speeds constantly ebb and flow.  When you start a new world, it seems that those Elytra and diamond tools are nigh unreachable, but if you just keep grinding, before you know it you'll be zooming around and killing every mob like a pro.

It seems that DCD work in a similar way.  When I started, gathering enough DCD for a beacon was a MAJOR task but I kept my nose to the grindstone with the quests and just spent time on the server; before I knew it I was buying some more things, just to burn a few more DCD after getting that elusive beacon.  Now that I'm established, my goal is to get that Diamond Home and some other very high priced items; but I find, and I hope you'll agree, that I have to remind myself to just enjoy the game and experience the joys of the server.  A watched pot never boils (and all of those other super annoying sayings which we all hate because they're painfully true).  :)

xclickitx

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 08:29:39 pm »
I would say that being online and exploring really helps when there are active boosts. The next way to add dcd is probably to open a small shop for consumables like food or saplings. I have yet to find a good steady form of income, but the advice in this topic has been really helpful.

legowar1508

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 02:53:32 pm »
I have definately been more active on the forums lately. Is there a limit on how many posts per day you can do? because once I am done doing my forum stuff for the day it seems like the entire list is all of my comments =P

Wodong77

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 03:33:54 pm »
I have definately been more active on the forums lately. Is there a limit on how many posts per day you can do? because once I am done doing my forum stuff for the day it seems like the entire list is all of my comments =P

Sometimes that's just the way it goes.  I've seen forums that are a long column of "Wodong77" as the last one.  But everyone is in different time zones and everyone has different availability when they have time free, and for some like myself, not all of that time is going to be spent on the forum when I can actually be playing Minecraft or doing something on the Big List o' Chores.  I think the main things are having something to actually say, and not doing double posts (and we can edit our posts anyway).  The current system means we need to use our judgement and not go out of our way to abuse the DCD for forum activity dynamic.  The fact that it even exists is huge, and I'd hate for us to lose it because of trying to farm DCD.

That aside, I think of stores as mostly adding a little flavor to the server-world and sometimes they'll give you a little extra DCD to play with.  Sometimes you'll hit on a big seller, or at at least a "next big thing" item for a while.  The other thing, I've seen a fair few stores that are perpetually out of stock when I get there.  Just having stock on hand will probably help immensely, even if the items aren't particularly in demand.  It's like with a real world store; if I walk in and there are a bunch of empty shelves in the front, I just turn around and go to a different store.  You might even have the exact thing I want, way in the back.  But I'm not going to go look because I don't have much faith that it will be there when everything else is picked bare.

legowar1508

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2017, 03:16:37 pm »
yea someone just completely bought me out :) that means I am over a third of the way to diamond home :)
(thanks bri guy)