Mob B
7 (46.7%)
Mob C
7 (46.7%)
Mob D
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 21, 2017, 02:27:40 pm

Author Topic: Minecon Earth Mob Vote  (Read 2276 times)

ten0r

Minecon Earth Mob Vote
« on: November 16, 2017, 02:26:37 pm »
As part of Minecon Earth 2017 happening this Saturday, there will be a vote for new mobs.  Take a look as Jeb explains the mobs:

https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/meet-mob
https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/meet-mob-b
https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/meet-mob-c
https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/meet-mob-d

Which is your favorite and which one do you think should have been axed for something better?

ten0r

Re: Minecon Earth Mob Vote
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 02:29:25 pm »
I'm going to just put it out there that I like both B & C.  A is ok, but doesn't have much utility unless it drops something amazing and D is just another blaze.  I think C is the most interesting of the bunch just because I want to see how the enchantment thing works out.  Maybe he coughs up a book with the enchantments from the item or something like that.

salsanova75

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 03:21:14 pm »
I can think of a lot of things the nether needs and more blazes and their big brother is not one of them.

AtollaBell

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 05:40:37 pm »
So I don’t care about D, but it’s a toss up between B and C, with a dash of A. B is very unique because it’s flying (though curious about how well it would integrate on a server), and C would be great for removing unhelpful enchantments - maybe even curses?! - but I also want more ocean content.

If there was more info about A, I would feel more comfortable adding it to my ‘want’ or ‘not’ list.

Brianetta

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 05:42:58 pm »
They've clearly thought through each one. The already know all about the special abilities each one will have, for example. Their asking us to make an uninformed choice like this is silly.

ten0r

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 06:36:58 pm »
They want mob rule of looks and location, not necessarily utility.  I wouldn't want the masses to choose a mob that has a high number of farming abilities.

To make a full informed decision, we would need to know what they would drop, any special abilities, and how often they would spawn.  If they gave us that info, the mob with the best farming ability (ie drops) would be the winner. Doesn't make for a great vote.

I'd rather they just develop and release them.  Mob A is just a squid with a tongue, Mob B and C would need extensive coding, Mob D would just be a reskinned blaze with higher hp.  B & C are the only two that would require much work to get in the game.

jjminedogs

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 09:55:13 pm »
I agree with Brian and Tenor, we just don't have enough information to make an informed decision. I do think the Nether has enough bad things already so I'm not a big fan of D :)

Brianetta

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 11:07:45 pm »
I think they should just mix up what's there. Ghasts in the End would be a start. (-:

_edo

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 03:07:32 am »
Mojang should just make informed design choices themselves, that make the game better, and then take responsibility for those choices. Leaving these choices up for a public (mal-informed) vote is just a weak practice, imho. I'm not voting.

I suspect this whole voting idea has originated from some kind of management/pr team in the company.

Wodong77

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 02:57:55 pm »
I'm probably going to be the lonely one, but I voted for D simply because the Nether is supposed to be hellish.  Meanwhile, I have enough problems just getting along in the overworld in vanilla.  I'm sure I'll roll with whatever and find ways to mitigate the attacks of whatever new mob, but then again I can simply avoid the Nether 99% of the time and be fine.

(I did not actually officially vote for anything, because whatever happens, happens.  It's not like I voted for or against any of the other changes to the game over the versions, and I'm managing more or less to deal.)

Quasi_1987

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 10:33:42 pm »
This is a bit of teasing imho like some of your already mentioned, they're thought through. Why just add 1... Don't want to sound greedy, but we aren't that much swimming through mobs right.

irish king

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2017, 09:37:20 am »
Mob B will be added to Minecraft it was Announced at Minecon last night