Author Topic: The Haven Project  (Read 3328 times)

FreakSound

The Haven Project
« on: May 04, 2018, 02:43:03 am »
Hi, allI!
I've been away for some time, trying to sort out my life and such, but I'm finally back and ready to get playing.
So, I've decided to start a project that has been in the back of my mind for quite a while now which I've come to call Haven.

What is 'Haven'?
Haven is a city, but not your normal city. Haven is a futuristic city focused around one thing. Unfortunately I can't spoil this "thing" yet as it's a big part of a story I'm going to be telling as I build. Yes, that's right. There's a story with this. In fact there's quite a few.

Why am I building it on Dogcraft?
Well, I am hoping that by building it on Dogcraft it will be immortalized for ages and ages. That and the fact that I'd love it to be in a base tour with ren at some point...

I do require some help with this project as it is a big project, I'm going to need a ton of resources. So if any of you guys have the following items that you'd be willing to donate towards this build, I would not only be grateful, but I would also name a building or street after you.

I am also planning on streaming/recording this build, but that may change.

Anyways I willl also post screenshots and other things such as other items I require.

I would really appreciate the help!
From Eve.

Items I require at this time:
- A ton of clay, sand, gravel or concrete of various colours
- access to a squid farm
- dirt
- flowers (for dyes)

Oh, and I'll explain just how big this project is later.

gamerluuk

Re: The Haven Project
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 06:18:05 am »
Funny, since i am also making a futuristic city project on the Dogcraft server as well. So i can't give you any concrete, sand or gravel since i need it myself but i can give you a rose bush and a sunflower to start up a red and yellow dye farm.

Mrs Diss

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 12:53:43 pm »
You've set yourself quite a task there! Unfortunately, Sand and Gravel aren't things i just have lying about, all of us who build with concrete have to spend time gathering that stuff. Concrete even more so: one doesn't only have to gather the materials, one then has to convert the powder to actual concrete, a tedious process.

Squid Farms also are a problem, because of spawn mechanics they just don't work very well in multiplayer. Ink is expensive on this server. Other Dyes vary, some are cheap (red, yellow, white, etc.), others are rather more difficult to come by (blue).

All that said, i don't want to discourage you from this project! But you'll probably need a bit of infrastructure to get it all going.

If you see me online, hit me up and i can help you build a concrete maker, it's a simple but very useful build ^^

gamerluuk

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 01:47:44 pm »
I could really use a concrete maker as well.

Marbou9

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 08:35:36 am »
As MrsDiss also said, squid farms on the server don't work very well. I know a few people on the server who have tried setting one up; To make it large, it's a job that takes many hours, but even then, they barely get anything from it. The mobcap for squids is quite low (so I've been told, but I'm not an expert on the matter), and even when there's only three or four people on, the rates of squidfarms already drop dramatically. What you get from a large squidfarm on Dogcraft in 1 hour, you can get within 3 minutes with a looting III sword.

That being said, most other dyes, with exception of the lapis- or ink-based ones, are really easily farmable, and only limited by bonemeal. Getting yourself access to a skeleton grinder helps tremendously for that. Good luck with your city, looking forward to seeing it Eve-olve!

Will0wLily

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 02:12:20 pm »
This sounds like an amazing project. I’m building a city myself, idk if I need concrete myself. But there are other people working with me and if they need concrete they’re the priority. We may be able to make a deal like concrete for something. I’ll get back to you later. If u see me online I would like to see what you have laced out so far, as it sounds cool. Have fun!

Silver_wolf88

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 08:11:20 pm »
If you're ever in need of bone meal, let me know and i'll donate a shulker or two. If you also need any help gathering materials, i can do some digging for you, just pay me in stone.