Author Topic: new NTN map! (Nether Transport Network)  (Read 3439 times)

_edo

new NTN map! (Nether Transport Network)
« on: March 09, 2018, 04:10:39 pm »
Hey everyone,

The Nether Transport Network (NTN), the long boats-on-ice tracks in the nether in the survival 2 world, now has an easy to read and use in-game map:

The map is on display at every NTN Station and for sale (only 50 dcds) at the NTN Hub:

The map is handy to have in your hand while you are traveling through the NTN.
It'll be automatically updated every now and then, when there are substantial expansions to the NTN.

For more info on the transport networks in the survival 2 world, with also a more detailed map, check the SRN (Survival Railway Network) forum post.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 04:34:35 pm by _edo »

ebi_furya

Re: new NTN map! (Nether Transport Network)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 10:09:40 pm »
It would be fun to find this map in the overworld and add a smiley face, but I'd never do such a thing... lol

Seriously though, gg on the map. If I'm able to get a good enough connection to log back in, I'll pick one up.

dragnrider70

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 10:22:00 pm »
Wow, this would have been really helpful the other day when I was trying to find Nepolis and kept getting lost in the Nether. Oh well, better late than nether.  ;)

Rcrazy

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 06:40:22 pm »
congratulations, the map is an awesome idea !

Nick-s-f

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 06:53:12 pm »
Boats on ice, there is none better way to travel (besides elytra). Also, did not know ice couldn't melt in the nether.

The map looks awesome, I wonder if the upcoming ''banner map marker'' feature can refine it further, will be interesting to see!

_edo

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 07:52:30 pm »
Also, did not know ice couldn't melt in the nether.
The NTN is build of packed ice, but normal ice also works in the nether.

I wonder if the upcoming ''banner map marker'' feature can refine it further, will be interesting to see!
Yeah, the info on that 1.13 feature came just as this NTN map was coming to completion. Perhaps that feature can help in future NTN map updates. We'll see.