Author Topic: Star Wars games on PC?  (Read 3800 times)

Wodong77

Star Wars games on PC?
« on: November 26, 2017, 01:57:12 am »
So, the Star Wars bug has bitten again, maybe it's just that time of year or I'm highly suggestible and watching a YT of Star Wars theories has gotten me going, but does anyone have experience with some of the later (probably will play on Win 10 without DOS Box) installments?  Force Unleashed looks like it might be interesting to me (lots of hack and slash, over the top force shenanigans, Dark Side) but I don't know if I want to plop money on something which doesn't explicitly state "has been known to play on Win 10".

I'd rather play as "the bad guys" than being on the side of the Rebellion, if that helps narrow things down at all.  Then again I'm on a Minecraft forum asking about Star Wars of all things.

AtollaBell

Re: Star Wars games on PC?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 07:34:38 am »
Never play anything not explicitly stated to play on the current system. It’s too risky. Look at Fallout 3 and how that’s gone over.

Someone out there should have an answer to this and with some Google-fu you should manage to find an answer.

Gawin

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 09:29:05 pm »
I play the version on steam and they play fine.

Wodong77

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 03:07:10 pm »
I play the version on steam and they play fine.

"They"?  So, would that be Force Unleashed and Force Unleashed 2?  How do you find them gameplay wise, if I may inquire?  There seems to be a general sense of "they did a bad job porting it to PC" but I'm not buying a console for any reason let alone one to a handful of games.  Can I keyboard it or do I need to ask Santa Claus for a PC compatible controller?  Also, are you playing on a Win 10 computer?  I mean it should be obvious to me, but I use three different OSes and don't always remember which one has what thing when I go to post a helpful reply to someone.

diamond_drummer

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 01:05:50 am »
I've personally always been a Star Wars fan, especially when it came to the games. I tried Star Wars The Old Republic recently. It was super fun, but its a pay to play game where you have to buy a subscription to play past level 10 I think. you can play as good or bad, and not just jedi or sith either. 

gamerluuk

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 05:08:58 am »
I like Star Wars, but the games aren't really my thing.