Author Topic: Survival 2 Railway Network  (Read 14493 times)

darparniox

Re: Survival 2 Railway Network
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2018, 03:04:58 am »
SRN/NTN Update

Heaps of stuff happening from our team this month:

- South Station has been built by Marbou9, and the nether side by Jarboss13
- Also down south, Mall Station was opened with the rest of the mall, built by _edo. The line is still getting there, it's a long one. We could use some help there especially, contact me or Marb for details. However, the nether side is reachable via NTN (also built by edo)
- East Station has had some additions courtesy of Aeghu, a platform for two secondary lines, and a tower for viewing the area. East Nether Station is now colour-coded red (instead of blue). The East line is also around two thirds of the way to it's next Station.
- There are two new NTN Stations along the East Line. Akkara is accessible by taking a track north from East Station. The Akkara team built this one and did a great job. Tetley Junction is a station much further down the track, and will eventually link TiniestTea's new city, Tetley. Me and Jarboss have worked mostly on this, with a bit of help from legowar.
- William has designed and built Tundra Station, the next station north from Spawn. It is functional and connects Akkara by rail. Other secondary connections to Wanigoora/Nitwit Line and to the Wolfranium rail network are under construction

Pictures:

SRN (left to right; South Station, Mall Station, New section of East Station, Tundra Station)

NTN (left to right; South Station, Akkara, Tetley Junction

As always, a new up-to-date map (open in new tab to zoom):

ScaryMJDiamcreep

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2018, 07:27:25 pm »
i really should get on sometime and do some work on my base. haven't touched it in a while.

firsty.blocker

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2018, 11:38:00 pm »
Wanigoora Line is now complete!  :) Being one of the more important secondary lines, it connects to Tundra Station, Nitwit Line (Quasi_1987's line), and the future northwest station.
Photos of the line can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/Up1g6
Video can be found here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DWgKy7k-eqUTqY0FDOMIO7BAPNpuZtuf

Rcrazy

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2018, 11:10:48 pm »
Hey. I wanted to ask if there is plans to continue the expansion of the West line anytime soon. I made a print of a possible expansion for the line https://imgur.com/a/IKGX4
My base is the represented with the red rectagle, ChargedBluey is the dark blue one, and the possible line expansion is the light blue. There is also another player base south of our bases.

I can donate lots of stone, wood, and pay DCD if that helps.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 11:12:59 pm by Rcrazy »

darparniox

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2018, 02:01:05 am »
Hey Rcrazy, West Line has actually undergone some expansion since that map version. It is, in essence, at that second station along that you'd like to connect to :)

I've taken a look at your plan and it looks good. I'll talk about it with Skelly, he manages the West Line, and see what we can do.

To let you know beforehand though, SRN doesn't actually build the secondary lines in blue, and it is usually the owners of those lines that do so. We just oversee the connections. There's a bunch of reasons for this, I won't go into all of them here. It is possibly less convenient for you, but allows you to customize your track however you'd like (style, route etc). You are, of course, welcome to pay or ask some other player(s) to build the rail. Effectively, past the actual connection to the station and the very immediate bit of track afterwards, it's your build, and we can only give advise on it :)

Thanks for your query :)

darparniox

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2018, 09:41:08 am »
SRN/NTN Update

Another good month of progress in February!

SRN lines all round have made progress this month  :D
- North Line has progressed around 900 blocks past Tundra Station thanks to the help of heatjr, HoosaSnitch and Attila_.
- East2 Station is being built by Aeghu, and the line is close to there as well.  Hoping to find a permanent name for this one soon.
- Out West, Skelly has progressed the line almost the entire length from West Station to the new West Coast Station. This station is also mostly complete and looking lovely.
- South Line has come along in leaps and bounds and has made Mall Station. Thanks to Marb for this. We've also listened out and decided to add another station along this line to avoid the afk kick that sometimes occurs. The new station is named Sunflower Station, because we love sunflowers! it sits on a lil' sunflower hill on the border of three other biomes. It's a good way along in the design phase, and should be in soon.
- On the secondary line front, a revised line to Wanigoora has been completed by OPwrecker. It now starts at Tundra Station. Further along past Wanigoora, the Nitwit line has been extended by Quasi to head toward a future North-West station planned.

There's been five(!) new NTN Stations built this month; each four directional lines have gained their proper second station
- Tundra Nether Station has been built as the northern station 2nd from hub. However, we are having some major claims issues with linking the portal up to the overworld station... for now, it can only let you out into the nether :-\ Hoping to get this resolved in some way soon
- East2 Nether Station has been built and links to the under construction overworld station.
- West Coast Nether Station (also 2nd from hub - west direction) is also complete. There's more linking issues here as well for now, but they can be resolved shortly.
- Sunflower Nether Station is also built and is awaiting groundwork from the overworld station to be linked.
- The fifth station to be completed is Tetley Station. To find this one, take the East line until Tetley Junction in the yellow, and then go north.

Some pics, left to right: Section of North line past Tundra Station, East2 Station, Section of West line past West Station, West Coast Station, future Sunflower Station location and section of South line (below)
(I didn't bother with NTN ones this time because they'd take up lots of space and all look pretty similar anyway)

Updated Map: 1st March (open in new tab to zoom - recommended)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 09:55:02 am by darparniox »

darparniox

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2018, 08:09:05 am »
The donation box located just north of Grand Central Station (in Havana) has been upgraded as per a couple of suggestions from players

Also, if you'd like to receive recognition for your donation, please name one of the donated items to your username so we know who they are from :)

Wodong77

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2018, 06:54:01 pm »
Thanks so much for the upgraded donations facility! I was running out of Havana to grab stuff from my shulkers then running back to drop it, this is much faster, and also good to know the current high priority items. Helps that I set a home right across the street from it. :D

darparniox

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2018, 06:39:25 am »
Not a problem. We're always happy to listen to and change things when we think it is beneficial to on suggestions made by players. In this case of course, it was a no-brainer and a straight upgrade :)

Skelleton123

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2018, 10:48:06 am »
Good Job Darp! Now I can keep on donating Vanilla Icecream and other fun stuff.

-Skelly-

darparniox

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2018, 09:29:52 am »
SRN/NTN Update

Progress in March:

- A new pixel-art NTN map has come into fruition! We hope this will make finding your way around the NTN a bit easier. One is hung up at each station. More info: https://dogcraft.net/forum.php?page=%2Ftopic%2C697.0.html
- To complement the new map, the NTN hub has been upgraded to include an 'info corner' and the map has been moved there.
- Some improvements to SRN HQ have been made. Donation box has been upgraded (see a couple of posts above), and thank-you wall resurrected inside the ground level.
- Sunflower station is now operational, if not the prettiest right now. No more afk kick on the way to the Mall!
- West Coast station is now reachable from West Station, it's the 2nd station along the West Line.
- A station North-west of Grand Central has begun construction. Once finished, the Nitwit line (Quasi's district/Wanigoora) will connect and a line north from West Station will be started as well
- The ice track northbound from West Coast Nether Station has been started. It will eventually link up to Nepolis Station, with a station at Kholinar in-between.
- Some minor progress has been on the north line toward North3 station.

Pictures, left to right: Sunflower Station platform, Rail entering West Coast station, Thank-you wall in SRN HQ

Maps (open in new tab to zoom):
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 01:45:23 am by darparniox »

firsty.blocker

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2018, 06:40:48 pm »
Great job on Sunflower Station darp and marbou, I should check it out soon :)

darparniox

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2018, 09:41:58 am »
SRN/NTN Update

Progress and news from April:

- William278 has been passed the East Line Manager's job in Aeghu's absence
- He's off to a quick start. The east line to Dunes Station, the 2nd east station has been completed and the existing station furnished and completed.
- North line has been extended to it's third station, named Greenfield Station. I've been working there with Mrs_Diss and _edo. The station is operational, but very under construction
- NTN's main northern track now has two more stations along it. Tundra Nether Station has been existent for a while, but all claim and portal issues it have and have now been resolved. Greenfield Nether Station is also complete, and features a second route to Akkara with a branching track to the east.
- Skelleton has built a North-western station as the first of our loop stations around Grand Central. The Nitwit Rail Line, leading to Quasi's diorite base, is currently the only connection.
- Major extension to the main Western NTN track has been driven by Mrs_Diss, with some help from Silverwolf, edo, Garch and Jarboss. It leads to a very remote station that is so far out it's off the GSM, temporarily known as Westest West Station. It features an under construction branch track to the Micromesa.

Left to right: Dunes Station and approaching line, Section of tunnel on the north line to Greenfield, North-west Station

Map update for the month:

Progress will likely be a bit slower in May - all our line managers are heavily involved in either Akkara or Havana, and both are very busy with new players after coverage from Ren. Of course, feel free to propose new secondary lines to us, or ask any questions in regard to the networks :)

gamerluuk

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2018, 10:49:22 am »
Darp, you need to be on the server a bit more. I can't continue my railway without your help.

gocleau

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2018, 06:03:17 pm »
My base is slightly south and pretty east of the mall... I've walked from the mall to my base a few times and have come across a few other bases along the way, and I know there is at least one set up a bit further east than my location as well.  So my question is, would it be possible for me to build a "south-east" station that goes east from the mall 1-2 thousand blocks?  I don't know what the procedure is for adding to the system, like for instance do I need to be a part of the build team?  And finally, could I connect my base to said east line (like a different line that runs a bit south)?  I currently have my own small rail network set up between the areas of my base and my mine, and I think it would be pretty cool to have a part of the line run through it... but that is just a thought.