Author Topic: Making A Farm that Looks Good and Blends In  (Read 3638 times)

Mezzari

Making A Farm that Looks Good and Blends In
« on: August 02, 2017, 09:44:10 pm »
Hello there, everyone!

This is a design I have been working on, inspiring myself on the traditional rice farms of Asia and bringing a bit of a twist to it to blend in the wheat fields and the mountains. Located on the Island City of Islendale (Original Name, I know), this farm feeds the local population, that lives off the commerce of fish and wheat to the outside world. The Island, though small, hosts a population considerably large and remains often neutral in wide scale conflicts, regardless of the strategic position of the city.

I have found a map whilst looking on the internet that is about 16,000 blocks by 10,000 blocks. It is a massive project that was entirely built by Lord Dakr, a very talented Youtuber with World Painter, World Edit and other software related to Minecraft. My goal is to build an immense survival map within that area (I have a lot of time to spend  :P) Without further ado, here is the image. Please tell me what you think about it! I need opinions!

Thank you and have a nice day,

Mezzari

Imgur Link : http://imgur.com/a/T8qMb
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 09:47:00 pm by Mezzari »

Skelleton123

Re: Making A Farm that Looks Good and Blends In
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 04:50:25 am »
Nice start! Looking forward to see more progress!

Mezzari

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 01:07:30 am »
Here's the latest update of the build! Hope y'all enjoy!

Imgur Link: http://imgur.com/a/l58Ze

Skelleton123

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 03:36:09 pm »
Keep it up! I hope you one day plan do to something similar on the DC Server!

_edo

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 11:21:39 am »
That looks sweet.
It reminds me a bit of a house + surrounding wheat field just a 100 blocks or so South West of West Station. You might check that place some time, for perhaps some ideas.

cheers!

firsty.blocker

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 07:17:32 pm »
Woah! That looks so cool! If I tried to build something like that, chances are I'd probably fail and get kicked out of my town for ugly builds.

-OPwreker :)  <----Noob at building

ValkyrieWings

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 03:05:27 am »
Very nice build!

Attila

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 07:05:42 am »
  • local population, yet huge
  • commerce of fish

Huh, the only thing your lacking in the description of this build would be to seclude your land from the rest of the world, unless one would be Chinese or Dutch, only to be re-opened because of the Matthew Perry, who said to open the borders or else.  .  .

Woops, I am completely thinking historical means. . . good build though. Keep up with the great work

Joschija

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 03:53:40 am »
What an awesome project. Go for it. In case you need some extra seeds shoot me an ingame message, i have lots to spare.