Author Topic: Shop chest regression  (Read 2273 times)

Garch

Shop chest regression
« on: February 01, 2020, 06:24:06 pm »
Sometime in the last few days shop chest behavior has changed for the worse.

I have a shop chest that sells unenchanted tridents. They are raw drops so of course have different amounts of durability. It used to be that any trident that had at least as much durability as the trident used to create the shop counted for that shop's inventory and could be sold. But now, only those with exactly the same durability count.

I checked this shop a few minutes ago and it said there were 0 available. There were actually 6, but since they were too good they can't be bought :(

This makes the shops much less useful for selling mob-dropped gear.

Ent

Re: Shop chest regression
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 08:46:47 am »
Or, just take the time and apply mending to the tridents and sell them as repaired.

Garch

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 08:45:17 pm »
I also sell enchanted and repaired tridents. But I thought (and sales have confirmed) that some people would rather enchant them themselves.

I sell maxed-out enchantments, but that isn't necessarily what everyone wants. A couple of examples:

• For trident golf you would ideally want Riptide I, II, and III, not just III.

• The enchanted tridents I sell cost 8 levels to rename. But if you leave off some enchantments you don't need or get some enchantments through the enchanting table rather than books & anvil, you can get a lower rename cost.

I don't think it's practical to stock every combination. Some of them would end up not selling, and the inputs (tridents, enchanted books, and experience levels) are very time-consuming to acquire.

Finally, I'm not asking for a new feature here. I'm pointing out that the behavior has changed for the worse in just the last few days. I'm suggesting reverting to the previous, more useful behavior.

Garch

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 09:39:48 am »
Seems to be working again.  :)

Lakosius

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 10:21:29 am »
There was an other problem that involved Shulker boxes , that only showed the shulkers with the same nbt tag , so it depended wich you have used to make the shop to begin with.