Author Topic: iron farm help  (Read 4262 times)

kfr291

iron farm help
« on: October 05, 2019, 10:09:41 pm »
Good afternoon all,
I am currently have a bit of an issue with a iron farm, it seems to be leaking iron gollums. I will get screen shots when i can, but i have gollums spawning on blocks that also contain glass panes, i had several spawn onto of stairs and then they would spawn on stairs that were covered with bottom slabs. It is my understanding that stairs are non spawnable anyway, but when i put slabs on it they spawned on the stair and became stuck in the block,

am i making a mistake? are stairs viable for mobs to spawn on will glass panes prevent them from spawning on the blocks?

OldmanLP85

Re: iron farm help
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 08:58:45 am »
Hmm. That we odd. I was going to say I had similar issues of golems spawning everywhere. And then I slabbed  island it stopped. But I did find there was usually one block that they could spawn on and walked off.
But then I read you saying they spawning IN the stairs and glass that certainly is peculiar. There is somewhere else hey can normally spawn yeah?  Just thinking that perhaps the glass is the best spot.
I do remember prior to 1.14 they could spawn with their heads in slabs or even farm land, without suffocating. So perhaps it’s still similar?

Try and ask someone online to have a look at it. Is it a particular design? Or your own design?
A lot of people have iron farms on the server and lots of people will be willing to help. Feel free to ask me in game if you see me on at the same time as yourself.

kfr291

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 09:46:47 pm »
its a none design, i thad worked on a single player game, i will see if it happens again and maybe someone can look, but i was also thinking that issues with 1.14 and chunk loading maybe allowing mobs to spawn else where

kfr291

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 09:31:16 pm »
well my writing is terrible it seems, but i thought i would update this in case anyone was interested. I was able to stop my iron golems from spawning on my building by using glass. There is a 'bug' where they can spawn on bottom slab even if there is a full block beneath it, but raising it still allowed spawning. I replaced all slabs that were over full solid blocks with glass blocks. After a few weeks of running it has stop 99% of spawning outside the kill chamber.

OldmanLP85

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 09:25:50 am »
Hmm... how interesting. I’m glad you found a solution though. Who would have though bottom half slabs would still be spawnable.

Sunstone_Leo

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 05:07:23 am »
o/ . Hi crafters....

Just wanted to pop my head in and thank you all for the 'farm' information.  It is inspiring me to start building these types of farms in Minecraft.  I have never built any type of farm in Minecraft other than the normal crops and animal farms.  My recent interest in redstone has spiked an interest in more automation.

Leo

kfr291

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 12:16:03 am »
It helps to have people like avomace and mumbo doing farms like this online so we can all understand it. But this goes to show be ready to trouble shoot a bit when it comes to the farms, took me a bit to get the iron farm right and it still sin't producing iron at a fast rate

Sunstone_Leo

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2019, 10:43:37 am »
You’ll manage to get it going. I would like to come see it sometime. Let me know where?

kfr291

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 02:44:50 am »
no problem, my base i open for anyone to come and see my farms. I also offer help to build simple farms at people bases if you ever need help with them.

My iron farm seems to be working alright, it makes enough iron to be getting on with, but i want more! haha, especially when i am making a beacon or a lot of hoppers for a red stone build or a simple farm.

MattLong936

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 07:12:28 am »
Can you help me out? Thx!

kfr291

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2019, 02:01:38 am »
Sure i can help what do you need help with? Is there a specific issue or just setting up the whole iron farm itself?

MattLong936

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2019, 07:30:48 am »
I need help setting it up i can provide the materials if you want. Im too lazy ;P

kfr291

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2020, 05:59:22 pm »
yeah i can lend a hand setting it up, figure out which design you'd life. I know how too build an older style one that has villagers along side of the spawn area, but DOCm did have a new design that's a bit more complicated, but the benefit is that it produces more iron.

the simpler one also requires less space and is an easier set up to deal with, no redstone at all, so one you could easily lean and replicate later for better iron output

MattLong936

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2020, 09:59:11 am »
I dont mind the easy one has all I want is some iron output Im not really going for 100% efficency and all that

kfr291

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 03:03:30 am »
Thats great! so i can help you with no issues, really it just needs building blocks when I'm back from work travels i will message you my cords so you can see my iron farm and get an idea of what  you want to build around it( and inside) this way you have the right blocks at hand( i did the same thing but didn't have the right blocks, luckily 1.14 came out and things got easy.) Also this farm can produce a small supply of poppies that can be converted in bone meal with a sorter. Im back in a week from travels, hard part of being over the road trucker